#1 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Mayor Betsy Price has planned 56 bicycle rides over the next 6 months to reach out to the community. She will be bicycling through neighborhoods and along the Trinity Trails. For the last several years, she has ridden approximately 21 consecutive days in celebration of the Tour de France. However, this year, she will be doing weekly Wednesday night rides, starting on March 21st and going through October 24th. She will also be riding in monthly kid's rides, and participating in several charity rides. There are too many days to list here, so I will provide a link to the City's Website, where you can check times, dates, and locations, if you are interested in cycling with the Mayor. I may eventually list these in the Forum Calendar.

Here's the link to the Mayor's bicycling schedule: http://fortworthtexa...ourdefortworth/

#2 Joshw

Joshw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

I'm probably missing out on tonight ride, but I am going to try for the others. Pretty cool idea.

#3 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

I'm planning to make a few, as well. Tonight, I had some work to do.

#4 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

I finally made one of the Mayor's rides last night and we rode from Downtown through Trinity Park, up the hill by the zoo, through Berkeley Place, Fairmount, Magnolia, South Main, and finally through Downtown on Jones Street. I had a lot of fun. I'm really proud because Mayor Price was wearing a red Fort Worth Bicycling Association Jersey last night.

#5 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

Dangit. Would love to have gotten some pics of that.
www.fortworthview.com

#6 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

A lot of photographs were taken. I'm sure they will be posted somewhere online soon.

#7 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

The photographs from the April 18th ride have been posted in a lot of places. I did get my picture taken with fellow Fort Worth Bicycling Association members, Steve Reisman and Mayor Betsy Price.Posted Image

#8 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Excellent!

I had thought the Mayor was probably not really much of a bike rider but I am now guessing she is the real deal.
I am hoping to rent a bike tomorrow as I am taking a vacation day. Would go along the river. As I have not ridden a bike in years (never for more than a mile or two) I do not expect to last more than 20 minutes or so. (Think I can rent one by the minute?) :blush:

A really good, and meaningful, photo John. Don't wait for your shot with Lance Armstrong.... get this print on the wall!
www.fortworthview.com

#9 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

Everyone, come out and join us tomorrow at Central Market. The ride starts at 5:30 and between 7 and 7:30, we will be eating at the store. This event will be a fundraiser for Mayor Price's favorite charity. You don't have to ride, you can come out and dine with the Mayor and make a donation.

#10 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

I met Steve recently and ride with him once in a while. Good guy.

I keep wanting to get out to the rides, but life keeps getting in the way. I hope to do the Ride of Silence next week.
My blog: Doohickie

#11 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

The charity that Mayor Price is supporting tonight is Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies, Healthy Community.

Here's a link to tonight's ride:
http://fortworthtexa...e.aspx?id=96880

#12 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

There was a huge turnout for the ride tonight. The official count was 132, but I'm almost certain that there were more bicycle riders. The Barbarosa Bob from the MBBC reports that there were 185 in attendance. Afterwards, the food, band, and atmosphere were a lot of fun at Central Market. I went in and bought a few staples after the dinner and I thanked every staff member I could see for hosting the event.

#13 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:47 AM

The last four Rolling Town Hall Bicycle Rides will be held every Wednesday in April at 5:45 PM.  Since Mayor Price is stepping down, these will probably be the last four Rolling Town Hall Meetings.  Tonight's ride starts in Foster Park at South Drive and Trail Lake.  Below is a link to the City's Website on these last four bicycle rides.

https://www.fortwort...n-Hall-Schedule

#14 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:30 PM

The first farewell ride was a lot of fun.  It was nice to visit with Mayor Betsy and I wished her luck in her future endeavors, even though I'm pretty sure I will see her on some of the other rides this month.  I ran into several FWBA friends, several people who attend the Downtown Fort Worth Walking Tours and our own Austin55.  Our tour was through the Tanglewood neighborhood.  After chatting with friends for 30 minutes, I headed back out through Tanglewood, then back through TCU.  By the time I finished, I had 17.64 miles.  If you want to see where I rode, this is the link to the ride on Strava.  https://www.strava.c...ties/5088065745

#15 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 12:07 AM

Unfortunately, I work evenings, so I won't be able to attend any of these rides.

It was fun to attend Mayor Price's ride through the Medical District last November.

-Dylan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users