5 replies to this topic

#1 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

This could fit elsewhere, (Transportation);  but I remember a past desire of the City create a direct pathway between the Fort Worth Stockyards and I35W.   The plan would entail a new roadway that would connect NE 23rd Street/Stockyards to Northside Drive @ Cold Springs Road; and by which there would be a direct connection to the Stockyards using the North Freeway as its access point. It would also be a faster way to exit the area.

I think that idea is still worth pursuing:

https://www.google.c...5658009674&z=15

#2 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:49 PM

Makes sense.  If you drew something on the map you linked, though, I'm not seeing it.  I just see a map of that area (although your description is adequate to figure out what you mean).

My blog: Doohickie

#3 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

I think a roundabout at the intersection of the 3 streets would really work there

#4 bclaridge

bclaridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

With the TexRail station going in at 28th Street and Decatur Avenue, redeveloping the 28th Street corridor between 35W and the Stockyards might be something else to consider as well.  Perhaps a transit-oriented development might be worth considering at that intersection, with improved commercial along 28th over to 35W?  This could serve as a "gateway" to the Stockyards area as well.

But yeah, I do like your idea as well, renamerusk.  The only issue would be with the triple-railroad crossing at the southern end of Decatur Avenue.

Sydney B. Claridge

Proud Horned Frog (TCU Class of 2017) and lifelong Fort Worth resident with a hobby interest in urban planning and design.

Please consider following my Instagram page!  I take a lot of pictures of scenery and urban environments, in addition to my interests in fashion.

#5 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:09 AM

With the TexRail station going in at 28th Street and Decatur Avenue.

I thought the station was going to be at 23rd and Decatur?... this is the 2nd time I have heard 28th. Am I wrong?

#6 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

The station will be at the northwest corner of 28th and Decatur. The 28th street location was chosen over the 23rd street location a few years ago.

-Dylan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users