Fort Worth South Historic Buildings Old Fire Stations

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

in a run down area of the city but a great building nevertheless. presently for lease but no one is going to lease it for any viable business ..........

Posted Image

#2 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

It would make an awesome home!
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#3 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

5000 sq feet at 15/foot to lease and a cool million if you want to buy it is what the broker told me ... yikes.

#4 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

5000 sq feet at 15/foot to lease and a cool million if you want to buy it is what the broker told me ... yikes.

At 6,250.00 per month, that is a bit pricy but at downtown rates that would come out at 10,000.00 or more per month.

...but the $200.00 per square foot purchase price is rather high, I could see it pulling in 500K to 750K pretty easy, in an uptick market 1 mill is possible, "as long as it still has the brass poles." ;)

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#5 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Where is this building located?

#6 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

The address is 503 Bryan Ave. It's just a block northeast of the intersection of Main and Pennsylvania.

#7 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Ahh...Fire Station Number 5: one of my favorites. Here are two photos that I've taken of the place:

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.co...ave/6114180110/

#8 mssuzieq

mssuzieq

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

I was under the understanding that the upstairs had been renovated for apartments? During the Fort Worth Art Goggle, I was always down the street at the Landers Machine Shop and I went by there one time and one of the workers said it was being renovated for "urban living"...
Sometimes it takes more than one tank of gas in your bike to clear your head....

#9 mssuzieq

mssuzieq

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Well we were back down there the other night and the power was on inside the building but it is empty... There is a for lease sign on the corner and the back gate was open... I still just love that building

Sometimes it takes more than one tank of gas in your bike to clear your head....

#10 T&PLoftDweller

T&PLoftDweller

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

Saw this article this morning. Looks like it is going to house a vodka distillery! Interesting how they are repurposing the hole from the brass pole.

http://www.star-tele...-made.html?rh=1

#11 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 04:42 PM

It looks like some changes are coming to the Fire Station, check out Historic & Cultural Landmarks Commission 8-12-2019

Applicant requests a COA to undertake alterations to the HSE-designated Fire Station No. 5, construct a single-story structure on the adjacent HSE-designated vacant lot, and construct multi-story structures on abutting non-designated vacant lots that are within the setting of the designated property.

http://cfw.maps.arcg...6f6ab1542fca765

#12 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:16 PM

The city has not posted enough information on this project.  However, with more than two weeks before the meeting, I'm sure they will have more information available in plenty of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users