#1 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

We've had some interesting discussions over in the "Commercial" forum in the topic of "Fort Worth 2nd in Potential Growth". Many of you have stated our old slogan of "Where the West Begins" is not effective and that we should step up marketing the city to potential out of town developers. Since we never know who really lurks on this forum, I thought it might be fun to come up with a slogan, advertising, and marketing campaign for the city. Some of our ideas might even be used.

Please state your slogan below and how you would implement a campaign to bring more commercial/office development to the city.

#2 Redshirt

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I am and always will be a Texas resident. I was born and raised in Fort Worth. Currently, I am in the Air Force working on the CV-22 Osprey, supporting the Fort Worth economy by working on those Bell heliplanes. :) I am currently stationed at Hurlburt Field home of the Air Force Special Operations Command.

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:00 AM

How about "Fort Worth - We have it all"

#3 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:FW, TX, history, cooking, party planning/giving (Par-Tays Plus), vino! My dogs, chickens and duck!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:05 AM

Maybe - "Fort Worth - Frontier to Future" or something along those lines. I'm not sure where to start the campaign to bring more commercial/office space to town, but would some how incorporate the Stockyards or Will Rogers or something right along side the Pier 1 bldg. Or use before and afters of Mont Wards or something along those lines.

I understand the reasoning, but have a deep attachment to "Where the West Begins." wub.gif

#4 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

Fort Worth - We're way better than Wichita Falls!

For WTX, substitute Midland for WF. ;-)
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#5 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:FW, TX, history, cooking, party planning/giving (Par-Tays Plus), vino! My dogs, chickens and duck!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(AndyN @ Jan 17 2007, 12:26 PM) View Post

Fort Worth - We're way better than Wichita Falls!

For WTX, substitute Midland for WF. ;-)

rotflmao.gif

#6 redhead

redhead

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

Fort Worth----where the East ends!
rotflmao.gif

#7 Bernd

Bernd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

NOWtown (instead of Cowtown)

If you like cheeseburgers, you'll love Fort Worth

FW - The West never rests... (to promote our growing Nightlife, and help dispel the notion of Fort Worth as a sleepy, boring town)

FW - Worth the trip
The future "best blog" in Fort Worth.

#8 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(Bernd @ Jan 17 2007, 11:44 AM) View Post

NOWtown

FW - The West never rests...

Hey, those are pretty catchy!

#9 DrkLts

DrkLts

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:31 PM

I swore I read somewhere that "Nowtown" was something that was tried in the '70's to replace the cowtown nickname (to make the city more hip) but that it wasn't so accepted with the locals. Something like that anyways.

#10 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(DrkLts @ Jan 17 2007, 02:31 PM) View Post

I swore I read somewhere that "Nowtown" was something that was tried in the '70's to replace the cowtown nickname (to make the city more hip) but that it wasn't so accepted with the locals. Something like that anyways.

Yeah, I remember it as being "Cowtown to Nowtown" or something to that effect.

When thinking of an appropriate slogan or tag, it might be good to keep in mind that the most successful tend to have mostly six syllables or less.

The best nicknames seem to have two to three syllables.

#11 DrkLts

DrkLts

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(Redshirt @ Jan 17 2007, 07:00 AM) View Post

How about "Fort Worth - We have it all"

No false advertising! lol newlaugh.gif

#12 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:14 PM

Fort Worth-Steers and BEERS! Yah!

We Wouldn't STEER ya WRONG, but maybe WRIGHT! newlaugh.gif or... , we'd fly ya WRIGHT.

Fort Worth, FOR YOU.

Fort Worth. Saddle Up! tongue.gif

Fort Worth. WEST in CLASS.

Fort Worth. Suits and Boots REQUIRED. smile.gif
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#13 jwodae

jwodae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:51 AM

Worth Every Moment.

Worth it every time.

#14 Dallastar

Dallastar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:54 AM

Fort Worth, it's "Worth" it

#15 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:55 PM

Fort Worth - Great City Great Living Great Life
Fort Worth - Tourists That Never Left
Fort Worth – What Visits Here Stays Here
Fort Worth – Where City & Country Meet
Fort Worth – Where City Living & Country Life Come Together
Fort Worth – Pure Texas True Texans
Fort Worth = Texas
Fort Worth – Pure Texas
Fort Worth – Great Place To Be

To start, it would be on everything at DFW Airport, it is in Fort Worth.

Would be focused on two target audiences, so you’d need two slogans or two sets, each with it’s own campaign.

One slogan or variations of it would be to highlight the city’s character, eclectic, country, safe, good place to live.

The other would make the city’s name synonymous with Texas, out of the sate, not many know where Fort Worth is. It’s my guess that companies looking at Texas for a headquarters, Fort Worth becomes the alternate or backup location if Dallas or Houston doesn’t work out.

The Fort Worth City campaign would be on everything @ DFW airport, everyone that arrives in Texas could learn what makes Fort Worth such a great place.

The Fort Worth Texas campaign would be on everything (leaving) DFW or Texas, if they live somewhere else, they should know exactly where Fort Worth is and what it would be like to live here.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#16 Pam Lea

Pam Lea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Fort Worth History, Historic Buildings

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

Fort Worth - Come FORTh and visit if your WORTHy...

Just joking....

#17 Redshirt

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I am and always will be a Texas resident. I was born and raised in Fort Worth. Currently, I am in the Air Force working on the CV-22 Osprey, supporting the Fort Worth economy by working on those Bell heliplanes. :) I am currently stationed at Hurlburt Field home of the Air Force Special Operations Command.

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

Fort Worth - A Great Place To Be

#18 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(Pam Lea @ Jan 18 2007, 06:32 PM) View Post

Fort Worth - Come FORTh and visit if your WORTHy...

Just joking....

"We Aint Got No Fort...
But it's Worth It Bein' Here"

Also Just Jokin'

#19 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(David Love @ Jan 18 2007, 04:55 PM) View Post

Fort Worth – Pure Texas True Texans
Fort Worth = Texas
Fort Worth – Pure Texas
Fort Worth – Great Place To Be

To start, it would be on everything at DFW Airport, it is in Fort Worth.

Would be focused on two target audiences, so you’d need two slogans or two sets, each with it’s own campaign.

One slogan or variations of it would be to highlight the city’s character, eclectic, country, safe, good place to live.

The other would make the city’s name synonymous with Texas, out of the sate, not many know where Fort Worth is. It’s my guess that companies looking at Texas for a headquarters, Fort Worth becomes the alternate or backup location if Dallas or Houston doesn’t work out.

The Fort Worth City campaign would be on everything @ DFW airport, everyone that arrives in Texas could learn what makes Fort Worth such a great place.

The Fort Worth Texas campaign would be on everything (leaving) DFW or Texas, if they live somewhere else, they should know exactly where Fort Worth is and what it would be like to live here.

I especially like these last 4 slogans. And I wholeheartedly agree about DFW; we are sooooo under represented out there. I do think that is a major target.

#20 Now in Denton

Now in Denton

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:45 AM

You have to be careful that someone don't twist words. Like Rush Limbaugh would always call us
Fort Worthless Texas.

#21 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(Now in Denton @ Jan 19 2007, 10:45 AM) View Post

You have to be careful that someone don't twist words. Like Rush Limbaugh would always call us
Fort Worthless Texas.

Must have been the pain-killers talking. happy.gif

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#22 hooked

hooked

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

I like (DRUM ROLL, PLEASE):

"FORT WORTH - The Heart of Texas."

To me, that says that we're really what Texas is all about - we're in the middle of things; we're vital to the life, the energy, and the health of the rest of the State. But we'd probably get sued by Waco. So maybe, "The Heart and Soul of Texas?"

And of course the logo would have to have a heart in it; not just your normal, everyday heart (like a box of chocolates), but something flashy, modern and interesting. (Wish I could draw here).

#23 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:57 PM

How bout a heart with some long horns? Ehhhh.

maybe not. sleep.gif
www.iheartfw.com

#24 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(hooked @ Jan 19 2007, 05:24 PM) View Post

I like (DRUM ROLL, PLEASE):

"FORT WORTH - The Heart of Texas."

To me, that says that we're really what Texas is all about - we're in the middle of things; we're vital to the life, the energy, and the health of the rest of the State. But we'd probably get sued by Waco. So maybe, "The Heart and Soul of Texas?"

And of course the logo would have to have a heart in it; not just your normal, everyday heart (like a box of chocolates), but something flashy, modern and interesting. (Wish I could draw here).

I thought that was taken by some other Texas town, maybe I'm thinking of a song or a Chevy commercial?

#25 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:13 AM

Would this be ironic or what?

What if Fort Worth won the bid to call the new stadium "Fort Worth Stadium"? !!!!!

I'd pay a penny in sales tax for that right.

http://www.dfw.com/m...fw/16513027.htm

http://www.dfw.com/m...fw/16513000.htm 10 firms that fit the naming rights profile.

#26 LoneStarMike

LoneStarMike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

I think Fort Worth is probably the one city in Texas that best represents the image of what outsiders think Texas is like.

Since the definitiom of "quintessential" is "representing the perfect example of a class or quality" how about

Fort Worth - Quintessential Texas
or
Fort Worth - Truly Texan

Considering that the city is close to DFW Airport, is easy to get to and offers lots of things to see and do that would appeal to people of all ages, how about

Fort Worth - Easy to Get Here. Hard to Leave.

Other slogans playing on the fact that DFW is a hub airport where most people make connections, how about

Fort Worth & DFW - Your Connection to Heaven
Fort Worth - Your Texas Connection

Other slogans might be

Fort Worth - Easy to Love, Hard to Leave
Fort Worth, Texas - Showcasing The Best of the West
Fort Worth - Your Home on the Range
(or "We'll make you feel at home on the range.")
Visit Fort Worth - It's Heaven on Earth

The next two slogans are kind of lame, but for those who complain few people have heard of Fort Worth how about

Visit Fort Worth and discover Texas' Best Kept Secret.
or
Visit Fort Worth and discover what you've been missing.

Or how about this concept for a full-page magazine ad?

Fort Worth, Texas

(insert panoramic shot of Downtown Fort Worth)

From Cowtown

This section could talk about Fort Worth's western heritage (cowboys, the stockyards, etc.) and the city's efforts to preserve it.

To Nowtown

This section could talk about present-day Fort Worth highlighting the opprtunities for shopping, fine dining, culture & museums, sporting and music events, Six Flags, and the fact that the area is home to one of the world's biggest airports.

To WOW! town

This section could showcase Fort Worth's plans for the future (like the Trinity River Vision and new Omni Hotel) and could also showcase interesting things to see and do and little known facts about Fort Worth - the kinds of things that people would read and think "Wow! I didn't know that!"

Along the same lines of focusing on the past and the future, another slogan might be

Fort Worth - Preserving the Past, Defining the Future.

LoneStarMike

#27 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

Dude...those are really amazing! Too bad they didn't tap you for the new CVB post. I really like that closing statement "Preserving the past, defining the future." Nice work!

#28 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:43 AM

"Fort Worth: Forever on the next frontier"

I also keep tossing around "Quintessentially American" in my head, with the mix of cowboys, museums, fine arts, BBQ joints, and all-around cultural diversity (FW is actually pretty darn diverse for a prairie city if we include areas like Little Vietnam in Haltom City.)

I dunno, I've been kicking this around for a few days, that's what I've got. I'm one of the ones who thinks we lean too hard on our kicker history for our image. I mean, come on, look at the Kimbell, look at the Modern, look at Bass Hall... there's more to this place than cowboys.

(If our bumbling alt weekly did a better job covering/promoting the local music scene, that would help, too. Geez, I can think of about five bands/artists based in this town that ought to be well-known nationally. There really is something happening here, and nobody knows a thing about it. Sigh.)

#29 LoneStarMike

LoneStarMike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:14 AM

OK, I've read the thread several (hundred) times and incorporated alot of the ideas into one big song that could be played on the radio and I even have music to go with it.

Please, please, please click on the link first to load the midi and then sing along to the new lyrics. It's much better with the music. smile.gif

click here

Visit Fort Worth

Tune - Wabash Cannonball

(instrumental Intro)

Y'all come down and see us
In the City of Ft. Worth
It's quintessenitial Texas
It's heaven here on earth

We're out to get your business
And Pardner, while you'e here
You'll have a grand 'ole Texas time
In the Gem of the Frontier

We're an easy place to get to
With D - F - W
We're the heart and soul of Texas
With lots to see & do

We'll put our best foot forward
With hos-pi-ta-li-ty
And when you go - hey you will know
Fort Worth's the place to be

We're a down-home friendly city
But sophisticated, too
With everything from French Cuisine
To Texas Barbeque

Fine dining and great shopping
Hey, you'll have lots of fun
Armani suits or cowboy boots
Fort Worth's for everyone

Explore the Fort Worth Stockyads
Or visit Sundance Square
Then ride the rides at Six Flags
Where laughter fills the air

Take in the Water Gardens
Enjoy the Fort Worth Zoo
At Texas Motor Speedway
There's NASCAR racing, too

The Kimball Art Museum
The Bass Performance Hall
It's Cowboys, Class & Culture
Fort Worth - we have it all!

And when it comes to nightlife
Fort Worth, we never rest
This Cowtown is a WOW! Town
We're Texas at it's best

So visit us in Fort Worth
And hear what people say
When they go home they tell their friends
"Fort Worth blew us AWAY!

We want the chance to show you
We hope you'll be our guest
(If AA's too expensive...
You can always fly Southwest!)

biggrin.gif

(Yee Haw!)

LoneStarMike

#30 hooked

hooked

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:11 AM

I nominate LoneStarMike for mayor.

#31 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:36 AM

OMG!! BRAVA, BRAVA!!! WONDERFUL!!

I love that! wub.gif

Join us at the BMOC meeting (wine tasting/drinking - see the Miscellaneous thread) and bring the music and we'll start a chorus. Then we can present it to Mayor Mike and make it the official FW Anthem!!

#32 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(seurto @ Jan 23 2007, 08:36 AM) View Post

OMG!! BRAVA, BRAVA!!! WONDERFUL!!

I love that! wub.gif

Join us at the BMOC meeting (wine tasting/drinking - see the Miscellaneous thread) and bring the music and we'll start a chorus. Then we can present it to Mayor Mike and make it the official FW Anthem!!

Very Creative! Do any BMOC'ers play guitar and could bring one along? What Key is the Wabash Cannonball music in?

#33 LoneStarMike

LoneStarMike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(seurto @ Jan 23 2007, 09:36 AM) View Post

Well thanks for the invite, but seeing as how I'm down in Austin, I'll have to be there in spirit only. Please feel free to have several drinks for me. smile.gif

And BTW, that last little verse about AA and Southwest was a subtle allusion to my participation on the Wright Amendment thread about a year ago. You probably wouldn't want to sing that part to your mayor. I'd suggest changing the last verse to

Give us a chance to show you
We hope you'll be our guest
Come see why Fort Worth, Texas
Is the best place in the West!

QUOTE(Prairie Pup @ Jan 23 2007, 10*28 AM) View Post

Very Creative* Do any BMOC*ers play guitar and could bring one along? What Key is the Wabash Cannonball music in?

If no one plays the guitar, you could just play it on the computer and record it onto a cassette tape

LoneStarMike

#34 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:27 PM

In all seriousness - LoneStarMike - if we were to present this to Mayor Mike and the City Council, you might need/want to look into copyright and legal-type stuff, just to make sure you get credit where credit is due. But how cool would that be for the FW Forum people to be a part of something like that!

Sorry you can't make it this weekend, but we'll certainly send you a toast!! happy.gif

#35 LoneStarMike

LoneStarMike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for the copyright/legal advice. And yeah, it would be cool if the FW Forum people were part of something that might make a difference.

Anyway, here's one more "Fort Worth Song" with some of the old stuff from the other song but lots of new stuff, too. I like this one better. (Plus it's a better tune.)

Once again, to get the full effect, please click on the link first to load the midi, then sing along to the new lyrics.

Click here

Come See Fort Worth!

(Tune - I Will Survive)

We're out to change our image
We're the City of Fort Worth
And we would like to let you know
Why it's like heaven here on earth
See, we've got lots of sunny weather
And we don't get too much rain
And here in Fort Worth
There's no earthquakes
And we don't have hurricanes

Come see Fort Worth!
And then you'll see
Why everybody in North Texas
Knows that we're the place to be
Hey, we've got culture,
We've got cowboys
We're a city that's first class
We are defining Fort Worth's future
While preserving Fort Worth's past

Come see Fort Worth!
We're on the go!
Hey we're a business friendly city
And the taxes here are low
With a great big fancy airport
That can get you anywhere
We're no sleepy little Cowtown
There's excitement in the air!

Yes, we're Fort Worth!
A Rising Star!
Yet most people in the nation
Just don't know how cool we are
So we're sending you this message
And we hope you'll be our guest
We'll show YOU why Fort Worth, Texas
Is the BEST place in the West

Fort Worth!

(Instrumental Interlude)

We're a happenin' little city
With a great economy
Plus our cost of living's low
Which means affordability
And there's no state income taxes
Which means everybody wins
We are the heart and soul of Texas
Fort Worth - Where the West Begins!

Come see Fort Worth!
You'll have a ball!
We're all excited
'Bout the changes here
We're standin' proud and tall!
So please come check us out
And when you do
We think you'll be surprised
There's so much to see in Fort Worth
That you won't believe your eyes

You'll be amazed!
The things to do!
Hey, we've got everything
From French Cuisine
To Texas Barbeque
Eat some spare ribs, or chop suey
Then go shopping at the mall
Visit Kimball Art Musuem
And the Bass Performance Hall

Come See Fort Worth!
And when you do
We will put our best foot forward
And we'll change your point of view
You can see the Water Gardens
You can learn about our past
You can drink some beer
And ride a steer
You're gonna have a BLAST!

(What's your p-l-e-a-s-u-r-e?)

Hey, we've got charm;
Di-ver-si-ty
Not to mention our world-famous
Texas Hospitality!
We're a city that says "Welcome"
We're a place for everyone
From Armani suits to cowboy boots
So come and join the fun!

Come see Fort Worth!
We'll make you smile
Lots of family fun
For everyone
So come and stay awhile
All we ask is that you visit
And then we'll let you decide
But we know you'll grow
To love Fort Worth
The City built on Pride!

(Texas Pride)
(Fort Worth Pride)
(Come See Fort Worth!)

(See Fort Worth)

Lyrics ®LoneStarMike, 2007 biggrin.gif

#36 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:18 AM

There's a 70% chance we could get ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, or some of it's members, to perform that WABASH CANNONBALL song for the CVB. Few FWSOrchestra members to join in.
www.iheartfw.com

#37 LoneStarMike

LoneStarMike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:15 AM

One of Fort Worth's problems (IMO) is that in the past, they've focused more on the "Fort" (ie: Cowboys, cattle, Wild West) and not so much on the "Worth"

If you want to convince companies that Fort Worth is a good place to do business, you need to show them why Fort Worth is worthy (pardon the pun) of consideration.

Emphasize things like
  • Low cost of Living

• Abundant distribution facilities

• Excellent transportation network - (Air, Rail and Highway)

• Geographical location -(midway between both coasts and located in the Sun Belt, where lots of baby boomers will soon be retiring)

• No state income tax

These slogans would be strictly be targeted towards companies considering doing business in and/or relocating to Fort Worth:

Fort Worth - Worth Considering
Get Your Money's Worth in Fort Worth
In Fort Worth, The Emphasis Is On Yhe "Worth"
In Fort Worth, the Accent's on the "Worth"
More Net Worth in Fort Worth
Fort Worth - Worth More Than You Think
Fort Worth - Worth it's Weight in Gold
Fort Worth - A Worthy Destination
Fort Worth - We Mean Busine$$
Fort Worth Makes Good Cents
Fort Worth - The Cents-ible Choice
Dollars & Sense in Fort Worth
Fort Worth - Where Dollars Meet Sense
Fort Worth - Where Dollars & Sense Go Hand in Hand
Fort Worth - Where Your Dollar Won't Holler
When You're Ready to Get Down to Business - Get down to Fort Worth
Wall Street, Western Style
Fort Worth - Less Taxes, More Texas

LoneStarMike

#38 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:01 PM

Fort Worth. Texas.

Fort Worth: A Little Slice of Paradise, 30 Miles West of Hell.

Fort Worth? Shoot, I reckon!

Fort Worth: Not just for rednecks anymore.

Fort Worth: Not as ignorant and intolerant as we act sometimes.

Fort Worth: Pardner, when y'all see how all-fired citified we are, y'all aint gonna know whether to scratch yer watch or wind yer butt.

Downtown Fort Worth: The Trinity embraces us briefly and sweetly, then turns for one last look before heading slowly and sadly to Dallas.

Fort Worth Cultural District: Kimbell, Y'all!

Fort Worth: Dallas' hot little sister. (w/ SRV's "Look at Little Sister")

Fort Worth: See our historic architecture before it's too late.

#39 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(gdvanc @ Feb 6 2007, 03:01 PM) View Post

Fort Worth. Texas.

Fort Worth: A Little Slice of Paradise, 30 Miles West of Hell.

Fort Worth? Shoot, I reckon!

Fort Worth: Not just for rednecks anymore.

Fort Worth: Not as ignorant and intolerant as we act sometimes.

Fort Worth: Pardner, when y'all see how all-fired citified we are, y'all aint gonna know whether to scratch yer watch or wind yer butt.

Downtown Fort Worth: The Trinity embraces us briefly and sweetly, then turns for one last look before heading slowly and sadly to Dallas.

Fort Worth Cultural District: Kimbell, Y'all!

Fort Worth: Dallas' hot little sister. (w/ SRV's "Look at Little Sister")

Fort Worth: See our historic architecture before it's too late.

Why use Dallas in FW slogans?? How can FW create and sale it's own identity when even its slogan links it to Dallas?? Defeats the purpose...don't you think??

Too many redneck, countrified references. Doesn't make FW sound very modern...adds to perception problems.

However the "Fort Worth. Texas." isn't bad at all.

#40 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:38 PM

I think you missed a little of the tongue-and-cheekiness. I'm not sure he was serious with any of those other than the first one.

#41 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

For Valentines Day...

FORTWORTH
F O R T W O

#42 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE(JBB @ Feb 6 2007, 04:38 PM) View Post
I think you missed a little of the tongue-and-cheekiness. I'm not sure he was serious with any of those other than the first one.

Thanks, JBB.

They were *all* tongue-and-cheeky. Even the first one, because that style has become kind of an advertising cliche.

VJack: Of all the people to read too much into something. Sheesh.

#43 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

Dan McGraw in today's FWWeekly:

Some locals are even talking about new slogans. When the Fort Worth Architecture Forum asked its users for ideas, the results were mostly pedestrian (“Fort Worth: West in Class” and “Fort Worth, It’s ‘Worth’ It”). But some were very funny, including a couple that mentioned Dallas: “Fort Worth: The Trinity embraces us briefly and sweetly, then turns for one last look before heading slowly and sadly to Dallas” or “Fort Worth: Dallas’ hot little sister.”

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#44 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

This thread has bugged me for as long as I've been reading here because I've been so lacking in good suggestions. I probably still am, but I do have this:

"Fort Worth: We put the Texas in North Texas"

Yeah, ok, that's still kinda lame. But I do have a better one:

"Take the Road Less Traveled: Fort Worth." It's a way of taking our perceived weakness and standing it on its head, making our relative obscurity the very reason to come here. And, IMO, it's a very good reason.

#45 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

well...

Are we talking about marketing, or just advertising? Are we creating and packaging a product or simply coming up with a catchy slogan?

If we're talking about marketing, what specifically is our objective? Increase tourism? Attract corporate relocations? Attract investment? Attract residents? Or do we just want to make people like and respect us as something more than a suburb of Dallas so we can finally feel good about ourselves? It would be exceedingly unlikely to strike upon a slogan that will accomplish any of these things. A really good one, though, might sell some t-shirts and bumper stickers.

Given the objective, who is our target audience? What will attract them? What needs of theirs can we meet now? What work do we need to do to better meet their needs tomorrow?

If you want to be serious about this, you must decide what you are trying to achieve. It does make a difference. If you don't know where you're trying to go, you can't tell if you're on the right track.

Of course, if you don't care where you're going, you're never on the wrong track. Or something like that.

#46 DrkLts

DrkLts

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:13 PM

Well I don't think it would make it as a city slogan, but I saw an awesome bumper sticker on someone's truck today around noon. I'd just thought I'd share with everyone. It said...

"If I die in Dallas drag my cold dead body back yonder to Fort Worth" rotflmao.gif

On the bottom, it said Miller Brewing Company. LOL!

#47 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

^^^Good one.

How bout, "Fort Worth: We Have Snow-FLEX."

or "SKI FORT WORTH"

sleep.gif
www.iheartfw.com

#48 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:09 PM

Fort Worth: The next frontier in Texas business

Fort Worth: The city where business is moving

Reminder: these are just ideas for slogans used for economic development purposes - (e.g. in ads at the airport or in a magazine)

The more important question is what is the city's core identity that it should portray to the oustide world?
In my opinion, the attributes that are worth emphasizing are: 1) regional capital of the arts, 2) has authentic Texas character ------ so the natural conclusion or sound byte that we should hope visitors take away is something like this: "Fort Worth is a place that has a unique combination of big-city sophistication (thriving arts scene) and an authentic, laid-back, authentic Texas character that has been preserved since the 19th Century.

Important note: establishing the image of our city as one with the "rural Texas" attributes without emphasizing the "sophistication" elements such as the arts scene, might differentiate the city from others, however it does not differentiate our city in a positive manner in the eyes of many many sophisticated people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users