Photo
- - - - -

In-N-Out Burger coming to West 7th Street ?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#51 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

I don't know what they put in their food but it's very addictive.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#52 1badgmc

1badgmc

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

I've only eaten In-N-Out once. I had heard all the hype about them before and wanted to try them someday. 2 years ago the wife and I took a road trip to Vegas. On our way home, we stopped at the In-N-Out in Kingman, AZ. I was in no way disappointed. It was sooooo goooood. To top it all off, it was CHEAP! My wife and I both had double doubles, fries and a drink and the bill was only $10 and some change. We both go full for under $11. You'd be hard-pressed to pull that off at McDonald's. I can NOT wait to have some In-N-Out in Texas.

#53 Keller Pirate

Keller Pirate

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

WFAA's take.

http://www.wfaa.com/...-120899359.html

#54 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,414 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

I saw the story on Channel 8 and I have never eaten at an In-N-Out. I will give it a try once the place on West 7th opens.

#55 TANGERINE421

TANGERINE421

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

There is one being built on I-20 in Arlington in Parks mall south parking lot.

#56 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

With all the talk, I'm sure they are good little burgers and I'll give it a try. But with all the good local flavor (Freds, M&O, Kincaid, Tommy's, Love Shack, ...) I can't see how a fast food burger will be in the same league.

#57 txsloth

txsloth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

With all the talk, I'm sure they are good little burgers and I'll give it a try. But with all the good local flavor (Freds, M&O, Kincaid, Tommy's, Love Shack, ...) I can't see how a fast food burger will be in the same league.

Well, you hit the nail on the head. They are a fast food chain, and should only be judged against other fast food chains (a competition they win quite easily, imho :swg: ).

#58 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

My fave fast food burger is Whataburger and In-N-Out is definitely a cut above them, imo.
My blog: Doohickie

#59 RPLS

RPLS

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking and Automobiles

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

I think an In-N-Out is planned for outside the Hulen Mall where Larry's Shoes used to be. I just found this site plan on the CoFW website. It shows an In-N-Out just to the right of Macy's in the drawing.

http://www.fortworth...s/SP11-0323.pdf

#60 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

I think an In-N-Out is planned for outside the Hulen Mall where Larry's Shoes used to be. I just found this site plan on the CoFW website. It shows an In-N-Out just to the right of Macy's in the drawing.

http://www.fortworth...s/SP11-0323.pdf

WOW!

Good find if true!

#61 ron4Life

ron4Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

I really thought that In-N-Out was going to keep their brand special as far as limited locations. I mean you have to travel to a few special locations (west 7th) just to get this special item, that no one else has, but this is not the case. Eventually they will have a setup like McDonald on every corner, well every other corner.. hahahaha

#62 Big Frog II

Big Frog II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

I really thought that In-N-Out was going to keep their brand special as far as limited locations. I mean you have to travel to a few special locations (west 7th) just to get this special item, that no one else has, but this is not the case. Eventually they will have a setup like McDonald on every corner, well every other corner.. hahahaha

Well in Southern California, they are all over the place. I think the Hulen Mall area is a must for that chain. They are builing on on the Parks Mall grounds, Hulen therefore makes sense.

#63 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

I saw the story on Channel 8 and I have never eaten at an In-N-Out. I will give it a try once the place on West 7th opens.

I don't see the big deal about an out-of-town chain burger joint coming to Fort Worth. I will eat a burger every other week or so, cause I like burgers, but I would like to live to be 100 if possible. Really; What's the big deal?

#64 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

Eventually they will have a setup like McDonald on every corner

Less than 10 In-N-Out locations in the 60 or so miles between Fort Worth and Allen. 35 McDonald's locations just within 14 miles of the 76110 zip code. Yeah, I can understand your fears of over saturation.

We stopped by the Frisco location on the way to visit some family today. Waited just over 20 minutes to get in the door and got back in the car after just over an hour. The burger is good as far as fast food goes. I would put it a step above Whataburger. You can't beat the price or the fries.

#65 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

I think I'll set up my lawn chair on 7th this weekend so i can be first in line...

#66 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

IO Burger is a California chain, it's just where you go to eat when live there, it's a flavor you become accustomed to over time.

I think the large number of Californian's being transplanted here are just bringing flavors of home with them.

If you've lived in California for any amount of time, you'll probably like them, if you haven't, maybe you will, maybe you won't.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#67 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

IO Burger is a California chain, it's just where you go to eat when live there, it's a flavor you become accustomed to over time.

I think the large number of Californian's being transplanted here are just bringing flavors of home with them.

If you've lived in California for any amount of time, you'll probably like them, if you haven't, maybe you will, maybe you won't.

So, it's only Cali's Whataburger...

#68 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Buried in this Pizza Inn story, the Star-Telegram confirms that In-N-Out is in fact eyeing the Hulen Mall site:
http://www.star-tele...ing-pizzas.html (partway down)

#69 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

I saw that too. I love the way it was slid in the article.

#70 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

The location under consideration is rumored to be the old Larry's Shoes.

Perfect location with access to I-20, 183 and the new toll raod.

#71 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

This thread hasn't had a post in a while, so I decided to place 3 photographs taken yesterday of the nearly finished restaurant. Several sources report that it will open either later this week or next week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#72 1badgmc

1badgmc

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

Nice. I've been wondering how the progress was at this location. I had been trying to find something, but most of the information I could find was all on the 3 locations already open. I did visit the one on 75 back in June right after it opened, but I'm more excited about this one since I don't end up on the Dallas side of the metroplex that often.

#73 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Pegasus News had a rather critical article on their lack of urban design. ...but it's a California based "chain" so I'd not expect them to travel too far from their roots.

I don't expect the traffic on 7th to get any better for pedestrians, there may be pedestrian friendly pockets but they don't seem to have figured out a way to connect them. Most still have to drive from pocket to pocket.

#74 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:13 AM

That article was reprinted from Fortworthology. Kevin has a great point. The fact that the butt end of the building faces the intersection is one of the first things I noticed. I'm not sure why they didn't think to turn the building 180 degrees leaving the drive through where it is now. That would have made for a really nice looking property.

Traffic in that area is going to be beyond insane. I've been to the Frisco and North Central locations and they both have the benefit of a lot of reserve parking in other developments and plenty of roadway to queue up the drive through. I can't imagine how in the world they're going to do that at W. 7th.

#75 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:22 AM

That article was reprinted from Fortworthology. Kevin has a great point. The fact that the butt end of the building faces the intersection is one of the first things I noticed. I'm not sure why they didn't think to turn the building 180 degrees leaving the drive through where it is now. That would have made for a really nice looking property.

Traffic in that area is going to be beyond insane. I've been to the Frisco and North Central locations and they both have the benefit of a lot of reserve parking in other developments and plenty of roadway to queue up the drive through. I can't imagine how in the world they're going to do that at W. 7th.

I believe their number one priority is to sell hamburgers, everything else comes second. What I don't understand is, it's a fast food restaurant chain, why is everyone critical when they're just doing what fast food chains do. If they don't want fast food chain looking buildings on their streets, don't court them or do specify how they should look "before" they build their buildings.

What surprises me most is, why was none of this discussed when they were being wooed to come to West 7th? Sundance Square has very specific guidelines, errr ironclad rules, when it comes to how a business is going to look on the outside. Does West 7th not have this oversight? It was already a popular place before all the additional development, traffic was already an issue, border line nightmarish, so what did we do, decreased the number of lanes to put in bike lanes, I agree there are not enough bike lanes in the city, we need more a LOT more, but I'm not sure it was an improvement for W7. I shop over there every week, random times, I see fewer cyclists now than before the new lanes and I'm talking before the triple digits, what's REALLY bizarre, I see people toting their bikes on their cars to a safe location to bike.

I think they should put Johnny Campbell over W7 too, he'd whip that place into shape!

#76 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

I believe their number one priority is to sell hamburgers, everything else comes second. What I don't understand is, it's a fast food restaurant chain, why is everyone critical when they're just doing what fast food chains do. If they don't want fast food chain looking buildings on their streets, don't court them or do specify how they should look "before" they build their buildings.

What surprises me most is, why was none of this discussed when they were being wooed to come to West 7th? Sundance Square has very specific guidelines, errr ironclad rules, when it comes to how a business is going to look on the outside. Does West 7th not have this oversight? It was already a popular place before all the additional development, traffic was already an issue, border line nightmarish, so what did we do, decreased the number of lanes to put in bike lanes, I agree there are not enough bike lanes in the city, we need more a LOT more, but I'm not sure it was an improvement for W7. I shop over there every week, random times, I see fewer cyclists now than before the new lanes and I'm talking before the triple digits, what's REALLY bizarre, I see people toting their bikes on their cars to a safe location to bike.

I think they should put Johnny Campbell over W7 too, he'd whip that place into shape!

It's easy in Sundance because the Basstapo owns it all so you have a single decision maker. Not so with the 7th Street corridor.

I for one love how it's all turning out on 7th, and I'll gladly brave the traffic from my office in Museum Place down to the Love Shack once in a while in return for all the food and entertainment options we've got now. People are starting to use Lancaster and White Settlement more often than before, and hopefully that continues. Both streets are way under-utilized as routes between downtown and University, so hopefully we end up in a situation where the commuters take the other roads more often than not, leaving 7th for the people who are going to/from that area.

#77 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

It's easy in Sundance because the Basstapo owns it all so you have a single decision maker. Not so with the 7th Street corridor.

I for one love how it's all turning out on 7th, and I'll gladly brave the traffic from my office in Museum Place down to the Love Shack once in a while in return for all the food and entertainment options we've got now. People are starting to use Lancaster and White Settlement more often than before, and hopefully that continues. Both streets are way under-utilized as routes between downtown and University, so hopefully we end up in a situation where the commuters take the other roads more often than not, leaving 7th for the people who are going to/from that area.

It's going to get worse before it gets better and from a business owner's perspective I'd rather have too much traffic than not enough. Until W7 develops a unified vision the whining will continue about every other new structure that caters to the auto dependent crowd.

I'd like to see some under or over ground pedestrian bridges to give people a fighting chance when dealing with traffic on that street.

#78 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

A pedestrian crossing, maybe at Foch Street, would definitely be awesome.

#79 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

I see parents at the signal crosswalks, holding munchkins by the wrist, eyes darting back and forth with a look on their face I can only equate to a family of gazelles stalking a water hole full of crocodiles. I'm thinking there's got to be a better way. Why was that not part of the master plan? Doh, there wasn't one.

#80 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

I think In N Out Burger will just tie up traffic for a week or two. I do not believe a business that is part of a chain can be hugely busy for long. Supply and Demand just does not allow it. If they were guaranteed to be busy they would build enough of them where there was one person in line in each. Even financing should not slow them down if they are that successful. Surely they are very successful, just not successful enough to change principals of Economics.

I also think there is nothing special enough about them to take people away from their favorite burger place, at least for long. (I hope I am wrong and they bring customers in from Granbury.)

After the bath in today's stock market, I may need a loan just to get one of their famous burgers.
www.fortworthview.com

#81 txsloth

txsloth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

I see parents at the signal crosswalks, holding munchkins by the wrist, eyes darting back and forth with a look on their face I can only equate to a family of gazelles stalking a water hole full of crocodiles. I'm thinking there's got to be a better way. Why was that not part of the master plan? Doh, there wasn't one.

And you'd like to go back to 6 lanes?

#82 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

While I'm not an urbanism-ist, and really have no opinion on its architectural significance or relationship to the street, I AM a hamburger-o'phile-ist and look forward to visiting the tasty new In N Out on my next visit to Fort Worth. Last time I had one, I was in LA, I had hair to my shoulders, was shirtless, and was humming to "all I want to do is have some fun, 'till the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard' playing on my CD Walkman (guess the year). For the record, I think In N Out is a fun addition and adds some quirky, nationally known character to a lively area. But then again, I'm a fan of Montgomery Plaza. I can pull my Bimmer right up to the door of Target! Don't forget the fries!

#83 Keller Pirate

Keller Pirate

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

Kevin is funny, In-N-Out is a burger stand selling $3 hamburgers and looking at the pictures the building looks pretty good compared to a Wendy's or a McDonalds. I'm sure he would prefer a taco truck selling $2 tacos in a dirt lot over this monstrosity. I hope it looks as good in a year or two.

Brian, if you get hurt too much in the market I have an In-N-Out gift card and I'll treat both of us. Might have to wait a couple of weeks until the crowds thin out a little.

#84 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

I wasn't suggesting in my post yesterday that In-n-Out should have gone against their entire business model to build an altar to urbanism. I was just observing that it would have been nice see them orient the store on the lot a little differently.

Brian - I think you'll be surprised by how long the crowds linger. The Frisco and Allen stores saw insane lines for more than a month after their debut. With this likely being the first Tarrant County store, I suspect there will be a similar reaction. The fact that this one looks to be opening around the beginning of the school year might draw down the crowds a little.

#85 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

I feel really left out in this topic. I see no benefit to the 7th street corridor in having another fast food drive-thru burger joint, even if the corporation is from California. I am not getting excited about this in the least, and I have no clue why others are getting their tents out preparing to spend the night in line. Are the masses just intent on greasy, heart-clogging pseudo-food, are they simply and subconsciously exhibiting herd behavior, or am I in need of reprogramming?

#86 1badgmc

1badgmc

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

I feel really left out in this topic. I see no benefit to the 7th street corridor in having another fast food drive-thru burger joint, even if the corporation is from California. I am not getting excited about this in the least, and I have no clue why others are getting their tents out preparing to spend the night in line. Are the masses just intent on greasy, heart-clogging pseudo-food, are they simply and subconsciously exhibiting herd behavior, or am I in need of reprogramming?

A lot of California transplants that miss their beloved In-N-Out are the die hards who are ready to camp out for the opening. I've eaten at In-N-Out twice. The first time was in Kingman, AZ in 2009 and the second was the location on 75 a couple months ago. When it comes to fast food burgers, they are hard to beat. The food is fresh and good. I can't say that anything from McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King or any other major chain can come close. On top of being good food, they are also a great value. My wife and I both were able to eat for less than $13 and were filled up. We can't do the same at any other fast food burger joint.

Some people love In-N-Out and others could care less. Tastes differ, but variety is a good thing. I'm excited about them being in Texas and hope they might someday actually expand to my town so I can eat there more often.

#87 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Are the masses just intent on greasy, heart-clogging pseudo-food, are they simply and subconsciously exhibiting herd behavior, or am I in need of reprogramming?

I don't think it's really fair to call In-N-Out "pseudo-food."

http://www.in-n-out.com/freshness.asp

And as someone who cares about his body and still chooses to eat a big greasy burger every now and then, I find it annoying when holier-than-thou eaters look down their nose at a burger and fries. Sometimes people want to eat some beef, and there is something magical about a patty of ground chuck, cooked to perfection and eaten between two buns with cheese and vegetables.

It's not the burger that makes our population fat. It's the fat people. :cheez:

#88 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

I think In N Out Burger will just tie up traffic for a week or two.

Be prepared to be shocked--it will be more like 2 months of traffic. Just like the others that have opened on the east side of the metroplex.

#89 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

I think In N Out Burger will just tie up traffic for a week or two.

Be prepared to be shocked--it will be more like 2 months of traffic. Just like the others that have opened on the east side of the metroplex.

I think they're "okay" nice to grab a bite of nostalgia every once in a while, the state of CA holds 2nd place behind Texas for years lived in, but InO burgers are not worth waiting more than 15 - 20 minutes for, when the lines are in that range they might get my 5 bucks, until then, I'll only shop in the area during off hours.

I don't work there, I don't live there, I don't play there so that part of town will survive just fine sans my "already miniscule" yearly purchase of fast food.

#90 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

So I went to target this afternoon. On 7th flashing signs expect slays starting aug 9. I was like bets it's for in and out burger. But then I saw for 3 months so guess construction again

#91 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

So I went to target this afternoon. On 7th flashing signs expect delays starting aug 9. I was like bets it's for in and out burger. But then I saw for 3 months so guess construction again

Hope it's something to improve the traffic situation.

#92 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

The official opening date is Thursday, August 11th. Also, I have found out that the construction signs deal with the start of the 7th Street Bridge replacement project.

#93 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

Thank John for the update on the construction signs. I thought I read the contractor building the bridge bailed and they rebid it? Oh well Aug-Nov expect traffic delays... Time for those coming out of downtown to use White Settlement or Lancaster.

#94 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

I'm not real sure exactly what is going to happen with this round of road construction at the 7th Street Bridge. I'm sure there will be more information available soon.

#95 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

From the city of Fort Worth website: “Patrons who wish to use the In-N-Out drive-thru should enter the queue at Hamilton Avenue from University Drive or Foch Street from West Seventh Street, where officers will guide cars to the entrance. Dine-in patrons must enter from West Seventh Street westbound; no left turns will be allowed from West Seventh Street eastbound into the parking lot.”

For a map of the area, visit: www.fortworthgov.org/citynews/default.aspx

#96 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

It opens today:

From the Big Mac Blog

...and a Pegasus News Timeline

#97 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

I have to say that, also being a transplant from the West (sorry - I got here as quick as I could, and absolutely despise the 'Golden State'!), I've tried In & Out twice and was unimpressed both times. I am truly mystified by the crowds they attract - I'd take a Carl's Jr. burger over theirs any day :cheez:
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#98 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

It was funny seeing the line, in the heat, out the door and to the intersection, even on Sunday. My teenage kids said "why would you so that? by the time you get to order you'll be sweaty and grumpy..." and "..I'd rather wait in my car because you have A/C and music"

I sure hope that the store was paying for all that traffic cop stuff going on juts for them.

#99 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Robert Philpot with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has report on his In-N-Out experience below:

http://www.dfw.com/2...ut-journey.html

#100 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

It was funny seeing the line, in the heat, out the door and to the intersection, even on Sunday. My teenage kids said "why would you so that? by the time you get to order you'll be sweaty and grumpy..." and "..I'd rather wait in my car because you have A/C and music"

I sure hope that the store was paying for all that traffic cop stuff going on juts for them.

The cops are paid for their services by the establishment. No tax payer dollars are spent on this endeavour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users