282 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

A new category here. I see lots of stuff out of my 34th floor windows. LOTS of accidents, incidents, Train accidents or just unusual occurrences.
I may be the only one interested in this stuff but until I get negative feedback I think I am going to start posting. I will exercise some degree of respect for the unfortunate. Will try not to show too much blood and guts but I have some already with my new big lens. Some of this may be boring. Luckily, your getting it for free so just bypass!

This is a shot of the train (Trinity River Express) involved in a fatal accident tonight. ( A distant view of the accident scene.) At least one fatality. I selected the one shot that puts into perspective where this happened. (In the Star Telegram on line already.)

Really, this is just East of the Trinity from Downtown. (Shot taken in the rain...)

www.fortworthview.com

#2 dustin

dustin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

I live right over near where this happened (Riverside) and I have been worried that this sort of accident was bound to happen. People dart through the rail crossings all the time on Beach and Riverside. People treat the rail crossing gates as mere suggestions and sadly someone lost their life because of it.

Monee, keep it up though. We might just have our own modern "Weegee" Fellig in Fort Worth.

#3 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (dustin @ Sep 10 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live right over near where this happened (Riverside) and I have been worried that this sort of accident was bound to happen. People dart through the rail crossings all the time on Beach and Riverside. People treat the rail crossing gates as mere suggestions and sadly someone lost their life because of it.

Monee, keep it up though. We might just have our own modern "Weegee" Fellig in Fort Worth.

People driving around R.R. crossing arms. It's like an old blind dog on the freeway in rush hour. Just a complete lack of intelligence or imagination.

I don't have much respect for Congress, fortune tellers, drug dealers or animal abusers. But I have LOTS of respect for trains. Maximum respect. This guy, that went around three other cars to go through the closed gates, lived. (His wife died on the passenger side.) I want to ask him. "What were you thinking here?"
www.fortworthview.com

#4 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Sep 10 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have much respect for Congress, fortune tellers, drug dealers or animal abusers. But I have LOTS of respect for trains. Maximum respect. This guy, that went around three other cars to go through the closed gates, lived. (His wife died on the passenger side.) I want to ask him. "What were you thinking here?"

I couldn't imagine a worse punishment than a lifetime of guilt knowing your actions directly killed your wife.

On a happier note please keep it up. If I can't live in the tower but I can live vicariously through you.

#5 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (longhornz32 @ Sep 10 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I couldn't imagine a worse punishment than a lifetime of guilt knowing your actions directly killed your wife.

On a happier note please keep it up. If I can't live in the tower but I can live vicariously through you.

All right, let me try another one out on ya. (And if anyone knows the punch line to any of these, please put us out of our misery and let us know the story.)

This was 2 weeks ago in front of 8.0s restaurant on 4th Street downtown. After lots of emergency vehicles disturbed my TV show (Please assume it was one of those educational shows on PBS or the History Channel) I pulled out my big lens and tripod.

There was a guy the Police hauled out of 8.0s. They set him on the curb waiting on an ambulance. He was handcuffed. I could swear he had a bullet hole in his back, under his left shoulder. (Since deleted that shot as was icky.) perfect circle of blood on his back. Like 2 inches in diameter. Ambulance came and several cops and paramedics put this cuffed guy on a stretcher and with two cops in the ambulance drove off. (Let's assume to Hospital.)

I am starting with this one because I am without a clue. I can only guess he was in a fight and got hurt. But he was the one in cuffs that the cops clearly "Were not fond of". So put this one in your Radio Shack crime scene computer to analyze.

For any of these pictures I am going to post, know that when I say cops or Police, I do not really know if the are Sundance Security, PID One Security or FW Police. (I can't usually tell them apart). Also, for night shots, the action will be blurred as these are likely 1/2 second (long) exposures.

www.fortworthview.com

#6 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:54 PM

Okay, I put this in my Radio Shack TRS-80 Model III crime scene computer. The initial analysis started off something like this:
Eliza: Hello. I am ELIZA. How can I help you?
Me: what happened to the guy in the picture?
Eliza: Does that question interest you?
Me: yes, it does.
Eliza: You are sure?
Me: yes, i am.
Me: very
Eliza: Please go on.
Me: well, he is being arrested and has blood on his back.
Eliza: Please go on.
Me: the police are riding with him in the ambulance.
Eliza: Would you like it if they were not riding with him in the ambulance?
Me: no, i'm just wondering what happened to him at 8.0.
Eliza: You are being a bit negative.
Me: how so?
Eliza: Does that question interest you?
Me: well, um, yes.
Me: do you ever get deja vu?
Eliza: Oh, i ever get deja vu.

But eventually Eliza suggested that perhaps the wound was from a Taser and the blood pattern was perfectly circular because it laid his butt all horizontal.

I also submitted your query to some places on Usenet but the only answer I got was from old Mark V Shaney. (Old-timers on the Internet will recognize Mark V as a virtual legend.) As usual, his comments were barely comprehensible: "...if anyone knows the punch line to any of these, please put us out of 8.0s. There was a guy the Police hauled out of my 34th floor windows. I don't have much respect for the unfortunate." Stuff like that. So no help from Usenet tonight.

Happy hunting. I need to remember to check my teeth before walking around downtown. And to not scratch anything.

#7 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:04 PM

3 or 4 weeks ago. In front (West) of the Train station. (ITC) 6:15 am. A car and pickup collide and run into a fire hydrant. The guy in the little pickup got carried away in the ambulance. (I wonder how big my check is going to be?) I am guessing if it was much of an impact, the hydrant would have shot a bit of water. We speculate. In this forum, we are judge and jury. (And that may just be the best judge and jury you can get.) The firefighter is washing off some leaking antifreeze. (Or ditching a bad batch of margarita mix.)

Let's take a look, shall we?

www.fortworthview.com

#8 Birdland in Handley

Birdland in Handley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Architecture (deco, love that we still have a lot! endangered googie, all other historic) FTW's good photography reputation (Blessed Carter Collection) city parks, local history, vegetarian options, green living.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

gdvance, you have transported me back to the world of 5" floppies and TRSDOS READY. . .

#9 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:49 PM

Here is a unique shot because of my perspective. 400mm x 2x. High in the Mix-master in Fort Worth. 3am.
I think they would be surprised to see this photo. If I get up in the night and see they have a Freeway closed I pull out my Binoculars. (20x80). And or my night vision scope, telescope (5" or 10" S/C) or camera and big lens. You can run, but you can't hide.
I do think I will someday provide assistance to the Police in solving some situation. I listen on my new triple trunking police scanner and follow crimes when I can. In the mean time, sure enough, my wife is about to throw my optics off our balcony. I bought most of my optical toys when we lived out on Eagle Mountain lake when I became an astronomy fan. Still am a huge astronomy fan, but living in Sundance Square, about all I can see is the Moon and Sun. For galaxies (my deep space love) my building sways too much to view much from the 34th floor, and to drag my gear to the 5th floor deck is a real workout. You would not notice our building swaying at all, but when you are looking at something light years away this building sways like a young willow in a tornado. Now. If you're still with me, here is the photo...

www.fortworthview.com

#10 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

Tonight at 10:30. 3rd street Downtown. Cuffed guy gets taken to jail. Too frequently cannot piece the story together. I am going to have to wire that area with a wireless mike I am afraid. Is anybody else downtown running their mikes on 4.6 GHZ? (Just kidding...)
4.5 GHZ is ok. Here is the money shot.

www.fortworthview.com

#11 Birdland in Handley

Birdland in Handley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Architecture (deco, love that we still have a lot! endangered googie, all other historic) FTW's good photography reputation (Blessed Carter Collection) city parks, local history, vegetarian options, green living.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:12 AM

Monee, if you haven't seen the 60's movie "Blow Up" you must rent it or check it out of the Library. Silly 60's ending, but great mystery and qiute pertinent to your activities.
Why is there no swinging London Mod emoticon!

#12 djold1

djold1

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:17 AM

Good stuff..

But

You might want to be a little careful about showing perp faces in public like that...

....Innocent until proven guilty.... and all that...

Pete Charlton
The Fort Worth Gazette blog
The Lost Antique Maps of Fort Worth on CDROM
Large format reproductions of original antique and vintage Texas & southwestern maps

#13 txsloth

txsloth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (djold1 @ Sep 14 2008, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good stuff..

But

You might want to be a little careful about showing perp faces in public like that...

....Innocent until proven guilty.... and all that...

He's not making money off of this (which is why COPS blurs uncooperative perp's faces). He's acting as a journalist--faces in the paper aren't blurred out...

#14 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

Fire engine and two ambulances rush to Houston and Fourth street. Communicated with the guy sitting down (Annotated) for a while, and then they all drove off. That's fine. Whatever. I am glad he wasn't serious. But how did they run 3 emergency vehicles to this? And also, why fire engines for medical emergencies. They will not convince me that is smart/efficient/necessary/useful/expeditious/courteous. Just kidding about that curious thing. Really tho. Why such overkill. I bet it costs a couple bucks a mile to run that thing. By the time you figure in the firefighters pension plan, that guy with heartburn cost me 4 grand. (As a taxpayer)

www.fortworthview.com

#15 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:39 AM

It's standard procedure in FW (and probably most cities) to send a FD unit on medical emergency calls. All firefighters are certified as an EMT or paramedic and they can typically get to the scene quicker than an ambulance. I've worked at a busy establishment for 10 years that has at least one medical emergency call a month and I've only seen the FD unit get beat to the scene on one occasion.

#16 sonny 2

sonny 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything.

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Sep 17 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fire engine and two ambulances rush to Houston and Fourth street. Communicated with the guy sitting down (Annotated) for a while, and then they all drove off. That's fine. Whatever. I am glad he wasn't serious. But how did they run 3 emergency vehicles to this? And also, why fire engines for medical emergencies. They will not convince me that is smart/efficient/necessary/useful/expeditious/courteous. Just kidding about that curious thing. Really tho. Why such overkill. I bet it costs a couple bucks a mile to run that thing. By the time you figure in the firefighters pension plan, that guy with heartburn cost me 4 grand. (As a taxpayer)

Wow, those shots are absolutely bitchin'. (can I say 'shots' on this forum?)

#17 JKC

JKC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Sep 10 2008, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (longhornz32 @ Sep 10 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All right, let me try another one out on ya. (And if anyone knows the punch line to any of these, please put us out of our misery and let us know the story.)

This was 2 weeks ago in front of 8.0s restaurant on 4th Street downtown. After lots of emergency vehicles disturbed my TV show (Please assume it was one of those educational shows on PBS or the History Channel) I pulled out my big lens and tripod.

There was a guy the Police hauled out of 8.0s. They set him on the curb waiting on an ambulance. He was handcuffed. I could swear he had a bullet hole in his back, under his left shoulder. (Since deleted that shot as was icky.) perfect circle of blood on his back. Like 2 inches in diameter. Ambulance came and several cops and paramedics put this cuffed guy on a stretcher and with two cops in the ambulance drove off. (Let's assume to Hospital.)

I am starting with this one because I am without a clue. I can only guess he was in a fight and got hurt. But he was the one in cuffs that the cops clearly "Were not fond of". So put this one in your Radio Shack crime scene computer to analyze.

For any of these pictures I am going to post, know that when I say cops or Police, I do not really know if the are Sundance Security, PID One Security or FW Police. (I can't usually tell them apart). Also, for night shots, the action will be blurred as these are likely 1/2 second (long) exposures.

Yellow hats mean SSQ Security, not aware are any such thing as PID security they do not provide any patrols. Also, the police have POLICE on their backs. rolleyes.gif

#18 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

Woke up to sirens at 2:35am this Sunday Morning. As I looked out my window, I saw 5 Police cars on 3rd Street in front of Billy Miners. (you gotta like their chicken burgers smothered with jalopenos... I digress) Seemed like quite a bit of activity for a half hour after the bars close. I see at least 2 guys get cuffed and taken away. At the same time, there were 3 police cars, a block over, hauling people off. I am guessing unrelated. Could have fired up my new police scanner but at 3am it seems Mrs. monee9696 is less enthusiastic about the "racket" as she sleeps. ( I tell her my next wife will be monitoring the airwaves as I am snapping shots... she like that.)

3 crime scene photos here. First two on Third St. and the third on Second. (Sounds like the old Abbott and Costello "Who's on First" routine.)

www.fortworthview.com

#19 redhead

redhead

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

Anyone see the 3rd quarter crime statistics released by DTFWI??? I think your photographic journalistic ventures are the beneficiary...Because of all the complaints from DT residents about noise and bad behavior, alcohol-related arrests (NOT DUI's) were up by some ridiculous percentage---150% sticks in my head. Anyway, there has been a discussion that somehow there needs to be a happy medium between drunk & disorderly arrests and the total crackdown by the police. I personally thought we might be sending the wrong message...Don't drink and walk... rotflmao.gif

#20 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

Last night at 11pm. On 5th Street leaving Downtown. (Mt. Giliad Baptist Church) Great building, for sure.

Would have to guess that the Jeep left its lights on and the Cop jumped her off? (As he is pointing the wrong way on a one way street and it appears her hood is open.)

I had to put away my handcuff labeling pen.

www.fortworthview.com

#21 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

Some medical emergency on Houston Street this evening at 9pm or so. Nothing worthy of further investigation with one minor exception. I have been noticing a trend over several years. A trend where-as people ignore emergency vehicles as well as emergency workers. All the time, I see people walking slowly across a street in front of emergency vehicles. And not just that. I see people actually getting in the way of emergency responders in the middle of an emergency. I have seen paramedics having to wait for bystanders and pedestrians to get out of their way long enough for them to load an injured person in an ambulance. Poor or no upbringing is my suspicion. I was raised to not get anywhere near an emergency that you are not helping with. Certainly not get in their way. Shameful trend. I think people think it is cool to act like an emergency is not underway, or that they are not ruffled. I would really need to take a video (Dare me) to really demonstrate what I am talking about, but I have a picture I would like to show you below.

While there were paramedics on the sidewalk working on an injured person there was a girl sitting right next to the FW Fire Truck acting like it was a bread delivery truck and there was not a hurting person 10 feet from her. Take a look at my second pic, just a crop of the first pic. Does this girl look respectful of or concerned by the injured to you? I don't no anything about this girl and she might be trying to resolve the final formula for a cure for cancer. My take... she could not possibly care less. Lets take a look.

Now if I had to guess , I would say this girl is thinking, "I wonder if they can tell my purse is a cheap knockoff?"

www.fortworthview.com

#22 whillsclyde

whillsclyde

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Oct 2 2008, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would have to guess that the Jeep left its lights on and the Cop jumped her off?

A cop giving a civilian a jump-start? Great pics, but hard to tell how cute the 'perp' may be.
I've only seen cops turn-and-drive-off when sighting or asked to help 'stranded motorists'.
I did give a jump to a FWPD cruiser at the 7-11 @ 7th&ArchAdams once. Got a good laugh telling him that I have been pulled-over more than once because of the hood missing from my '73 MonteCarlo, but in this case it's absence is downright convenient smile.gif
Love the pics, and haven't read all the thread, so don't know if anyone's mentioned, but: Cops sometimes don't like it when you take their picture. In some other states, it's a misdemeanor.
As far as showing faces, I can read all the signage, but I could not recognize/ID anyone but the girl, and then only if I already knew her well.

#23 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

I had noticed that our Southside had quietened down the past year or so - other than the normal weekend beer containers in the yards and streets. I guess the wild ones have migrated downtown.

#24 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Papaw @ Oct 8 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had noticed that our Southside had quietened down the past year or so - other than the normal weekend beer containers in the yards and streets. I guess the wild ones have migrated downtown.

You just need a guy with good optics that lives 450 feet above your neighborhood that is having trouble sleeping or otherwise has too much idle time to be the judge of that! newlaugh.gif

www.fortworthview.com

#25 JKC

JKC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Oct 8 2008, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Papaw @ Oct 8 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just need a guy with good optics that lives 450 feet above your neighborhood that is having trouble sleeping or otherwise has too much idle time to be the judge of that! newlaugh.gif

So true!....everywhere.

#26 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:39 AM

Have two shots from my beat last night. First: Police and ambulance to City Streets downtown. Injured party taken out of club on stretcher. Police talk to several witnesses including injured party.

Second picture is final cleanup of auto accident on 121 on the East side of I-35W. Ambulance had just left scene. Remaining vehicle loaded on to wrecker. (Remember the days when wreckers would just grab a wreck by a hook and drag it to impound lot? Always thought that was crude and dangerous, not to mention the fluids dripping on my streets all the way) Was a windy (building swaying) night so no real close up here.

City Streets incident

And accident leftovers.

www.fortworthview.com

#27 mnmassie

mnmassie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:22 PM

Hey Monee!
A couple of days ago, someone broke into a friend of mine's car and my friend, along with Tower security, chased the person through downtown and caught him. Happen to catch any pics???

#28 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (mnmassie @ Oct 18 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Monee!
A couple of days ago, someone broke into a friend of mine's car and my friend, along with Tower security, chased the person through downtown and caught him. Happen to catch any pics???

Yes. Surely you know better than to think I was asleep on my watch. Of course this guy is not guilty until proved in a Court of Law.
I was told he had all the evidence for a conviction on him... Image edited by request.

www.fortworthview.com

#29 mnmassie

mnmassie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Oct 18 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. Surely you know better than to think I a asleep on my watch. Of course this guy is not guilty until proved in a Court of Law.
I was told he had all the evidence for a conviction on him...

I just had a feeling you'd have something because I do know you don't sleep on the watch! I'm not sure you sleep at all! biggrin.gif

#30 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

Monee, are you sure you didn't go too far here? I'm thinking this person could easily be identified. I would appreciate it if you could blur the face or something.

#31 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (John T Roberts @ Oct 20 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Monee, are you sure you didn't go too far here? I'm thinking this person could easily be identified. I would appreciate it if you could blur the face or something.

10-4
www.fortworthview.com

#32 Holden

Holden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

you have mad photoshop sKiLlz, monee

#33 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Holden @ Oct 21 2008, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you have mad photoshop sKiLlz, monee

As I look back at it, it does kind of remind me of a drawing an abused child does for the Court!

www.fortworthview.com

#34 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:53 PM

OH NO!!! MISTER BILL BROKE INTO MNMASSIE'S FRIEND'S CAR!!!

#35 mnmassie

mnmassie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (cbellomy @ Oct 21 2008, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH NO!!! MISTER BILL BROKE INTO MNMASSIE'S FRIEND'S CAR!!!

LMAO!!! I tried to warn my friend about the evils of pink people, but unfortunately he had to learn first hand.

#36 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

Some action at 8.0s last night around 11:30pm. I see what looks like band equipment on the sidewalk. You don't think you could be arrested if you played music poorly enough? Take a look for yourself. The guy in cuffs (Innocent until proved guilty...) came from the concert area to the East. Curious.

www.fortworthview.com

#37 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

On 4th street next to The Ranch Bash 2008 concert. Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe gooder. Player includes guy sitting on sidewalk. Cop took picture of something. Take a look.

www.fortworthview.com

#38 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:46 AM

11pm last night. HWY 121 West as it meets I-35. A code 10-53 (Failure to negotiate curve while talking on the phone.)

www.fortworthview.com

#39 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

Here we go again. Monday night. A classic code 10-63. (Failure to yield right of way while deciding whether Northeast Mall or Kohl's has the best price on jackets.)

www.fortworthview.com

#40 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:27 PM

Cripes. These accidents have me working overtime lately.

IH 35-W. Northbound. 8pm Tuesday nite. Nissan Xterra & Toyota Rav 4. Mixing it up.

And I do have a favor for all of you in TV Land. If you get in an accident anywhere East of Downtown (And West of Shreveport) please follow these instructions.

1. Know that if it is night-time, I am using a 1-2 second exposure, so do move around too fast. You will blur.

2. You might wear light (Or even reflectorized) clothing for ultimate reflectivity.

3. Flash you lights at me in a 1-2-1-2 pattern if you were driving at fault so I can focus on your mistakes.
Note: If your lights are inoperable, light a flair and dance with it in a figure 8 pattern.

4. If questioned by Police, and particularly if you are being given a sobriety test, please face to the West. (That one will really help me.)

5. If you suspect you will be involved in a crash, please give me a call approx. 5 minutes before hand so I can make sure my proper lens is on.

6. Please, lets get your crash out of the way before 11pm on week-nights.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in these matters.

Now for this evenings pics.

Crashed cars.

Giving driver A a sobriety test...

Whoops. Let's get those cuffs on.

www.fortworthview.com

#41 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

Cripes. These accidents have me working overtime lately.

IH 35-W. Northbound. 8pm Tuesday nite. Nissan Xterra & Toyota Rav 4. Mixing it up.

And I do have a favor for all of you in TV Land. If you get in an accident anywhere East of Downtown (And West of Shreveport) please follow these instructions.

1. Know that if it is night-time, I am using a 1-2 second exposure, so don't move around too fast. You will blur.

2. You might wear light (Or even reflectorized) clothing for ultimate reflectivity.

3. Flash your lights at me in a 1-2-1-2 pattern if you were driving at fault so I can focus on your mistakes.
Note: If your lights are inoperable, light a flair and dance with it in a figure 8 pattern.

4. If questioned by Police, and particularly if you are being given a sobriety test, please face to the West. (That one will really help me.)

5. If you suspect you will be involved in a crash, please give me a call approx. 5 minutes before hand so I can make sure my proper lens is on.

6. Please, lets get your crash out of the way before 11pm on week-nights.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in these matters.

Now for this evenings pics.

Crashed cars.

Giving driver A a sobriety test...

Whoops. Let's get those cuffs on.

www.fortworthview.com

#42 BillyG

BillyG

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:55 AM

Dear LAWD! You can photograph my house with that camera.. your almost close enough with those pics. I'm gonna get a scanner and when I hear of an accident on 121and I-35 I'll pass by and wave towards downtown. I'll be the one mooning you.

#43 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

Over at La Grave field they have an event today. Mud Run. A muddy foot race, best I can tell. Parking lot had MANY cars. Big event. Here are two shots. Skydivers. I love skydiving but have never been good enough to jump closer to a population center than Ennis! (I have landed in a field of cactus as well as in the middle of a lake, I kid you not.)

www.fortworthview.com

#44 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

I guess it was bound to happen eventually. Last night, at 2:10 AM, Looked out my window to see a large gathering of emergency vehicles. Police, Fire, Ambulance. Took about 10 quick shots and went back to bed. Got up this morning and while half asleep loaded my nights pics into my laptop. I got more than I bargained for. Large quantities of blood etc.... horrible. I am not into blood and guts. (Or I would be a cop, because I do hate crime.)
As I said at the beginning, I would not post bloody pics. (At least terribly bloody pics.) Did not know they would get this bloody. Wanted to delete them right away as I don't care to view them again, but realized it would be irresponsible. If they could be of use to the police or a prosecuting attorney, I have them in a folder.

Here is a pic with no blood and guts. A good old fashioned fire or explosion. This is East of me. (Downtown downtown.) It is just South of the UTA Sports complex on Fielder and Park Row. This is just its apparent location. Could actually be in New Orleans. That is the Carter Burgess building on the left. If anybody knows the punchline to this image, let us have it! As this was like 3 this afternoon, must not have been a big disaster. But I'm curious... Lets take a look, shall we?

www.fortworthview.com

#45 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

Might that fire be at the Arlington Fire Academy campus on the NE side of Lake Arlington?

#46 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

Ch 8 did a story tonight at 10 on the FWPD enforcement of PI in downtown. They reported 20 arrest in one night.

#47 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Thurman52 @ Nov 14 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ch 8 did a story tonight at 10 on the FWPD enforcement of PI in downtown. They reported 20 arrest in one night.

Dang-it. I think I only got 17 of their pictures. I wonder if they counted the same guy 3 times? blink.gif

I have watched channel 8 news at 10 like every night of my life, but not tonight as I got districted bidding on a new laptop on E-Bay.
Was disappointed I could not find the story at WFAA on-line.
www.fortworthview.com

#48 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

There is a Sunday event going on at La Grave field today. It was apparent that it was going to be races due to the track and cones, but then I saw a crowd of people walking the course. (Checking for sobriety?)
Half hour later I see cars on the tracks. Looked it up and there is an SCCA auto event going on this evening. (Miata's)

I have a few shots for you here, including a Volvo wagon on the course. (Maybe a test vehicle measuring the exact course or something.) Starting to draw a crowd over there even tho the main event is 7 hours from now. Guess they have minor events all day. (I think I will ask my partner if I can borrow his car to run some errands today. And don't pay any attention to the stench of rubber in your car, must be a loose fan belt...) devil.gif

Doing a walk thru?

Minor action

Minor action 2

www.fortworthview.com

#49 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

It's typical to walk the track on an autocross track. It helps to memorize the track, look for bumps depressions, and to make sure there are no sharp objects laying on the track to ruin expensive tires. Looks like a lot of fun about to happen.

#50 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

Looks like a great day for it. Might try to make it for some closer shots. Monee, is that 400 your using a prime or 100-400 tele?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users