• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:33 AM

It looks like the Farmer's Market has officially announced their departure from the Rail Market. It's sad to see that happening but it appears the idea of making it work in that part of downtown was a bit premature. Hopefully they'll have better luck on the west side of town. Here's the actual link as well as the article below: http://www.nbc5i.com...258/detail.html

Fort Worth Farmer's Market Moving

Restaurants, Shops Abandon Rail Market

POSTED: 9:01 am CST March 28, 2005
UPDATED: 9:22 am CST March 28, 2005

FORT WORTH, Texas -- The Fort Worth Farmer's Market is packing up and moving out of downtown into west Fort Worth.

After three years at the downtown rail market, the market is leaving downtown and heading west. Many restaurants and shops abandoned the rail market last summer and fall and now the Farmer's Market has decided to join them and to not return this spring.

The market is planning to set up shop at The Village at Camp Bowie Center just behind the 63-33 shopping center.

The Farmer's Market will open at the new location on April 30.

#2 salvag

salvag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:37 PM

There was also a longer article in the ST the other day.

#3 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:54 AM

I still wish the Stockyards would find a way to expand with a farmers market.

If my memory serves me well, I think one of the better location for a farmers' market was the one held weeklyin one of the barns at WRMC; it also included a nice flea market.  It would not take much to bring them back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users