769 replies to this topic

#751 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

TEXRails given date to begin opertion is December 20th, 2018. 365 days!

#752 panthercity

panthercity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

That seems very ambitious, but Ill take it!

#753 A_Random_Username

A_Random_Username

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

TEXRails given date to begin opertion is December 20th, 2018. 365 days!

I missed the year....thought it was today and I missed it. Good to know ill have a year to prepare

#754 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

Are you sure that's not for the Davis Blvd lane closures? The NRH Twitter page says that's happening until today.

Thursday seems like a weird day of the week to start a new passenger rail service.

- Dylan

#755 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

Surrounding Cities Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

Soft opening?

#756 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:09 PM

The Stockyards also has lots of public money invested into it. I haven't read or heard of anyone within the Stockyards tax zone suggesting they were willing to pay all or any of the difference of hosting the TexRail train in the Stockyards vs having the commuter train station at 28th Street.

Simply because you haven't read or heard of anyone wanting to host the Tarrant Express train in the Stockyard does not mean that there wasn't interested or anticipation that the station would be in the Stockyards.  Understandably, your distance for Fort Worth and Tarrant County puts you at a disadvantage when local issues are debated and hatched out.

(1) Grapevine was outraged and threaten to pull out of its participation in Tarrant Express citing that it had been mislead by FWTA/DART to believe that there would be a direct connection between Grapevine and the Stockyards.  Grapevine C&VB touts the back and forward tourist traffic between Historic Downtown Grapevine and the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards as the key component to its participation in Tarrant Express.

(2) Fort Worth was actually caught off guard by the FWTA/DART decision and saw it as a political blunder to whereupon the City demanded and eventually hired new management for the project.  For Fort Worth, as oppose to Grapevine, the key component of Tarrant Express is to provide it with direct connection between DFW Airport and Downtown.

As for Stockyards/Fort Worth, we can say for certain that funding for a station would and should have been included in Tarrant Express if both Grapevine and Fort Worth had known that FWTA/DART had other plans that they were not forthcoming about.  Since FWTA/DART appears to have had their own agenda, their own self-control TOD @28th Street,  it was deemed by Fort Worth to be too late and problematic to begin negotiations in the middle of the project with the railroads for cross over rights to build a station at the Stockyards.  Instead FWTA/DART proposed a "shuttle bus system" that eventually all sides came to agree on and to eliminate any further delays of the project.

It is disingenuous to suggest that the Stockyards did not have any interest in a Stockyards Station when it is likely that they were never seriously approached by FWTA/DART; that they were kept in the dark ,just as Grapevine and Fort Worth had been by FWTA/DART, about the decision that FWTA/DART had already made alone to build the station at 28th Street.

As someone who is from Fort Worth, I am confident that had the public and the Cities of Fort Worth and Grapevine been given the opportunity to provide comments on where the station should be that the decision would have been in the Stockyards.  All that being said; I believe that direct rail transit will come to the Stockyards in the form of a street car or light rail.  Tarrant Express is a great benefit to Fort Worth and Tarrant County; it could have had a greater benefit to Fort Worth and Grapevine had FWTA/DART thought more of what was better for the participating cities than what was better for itself.

Posting this in the appropriate thread. :)

#757 tamtagon

tamtagon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

That is going to be a real roller coaster of a ride north of downtown.

I'm looking forward to the views this ride will offer.

#758 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

That is going to be a real roller coaster of a ride north of downtown.

I'm looking forward to the views this ride will offer.

Seldom am I willing to give FWTA/DART the benefit of the doubt; the visual perception in photo taken of the over pass might be an exaggeration created by where the photo is snapped. If it really is a hazardous issue, then it is yet another example of on of their bone-headed decisions.

Looking forward to the "views" is yet another snarky remark from the other side of the Metroplex; and from someone who will likely never have a daily reason to ride Tarrant Express other than during opening ceremonies.

The irresistible urge to throw cold water at anything on this side is obsessive.

#759 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

Dude chill

#760 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

Dude chill

I respect your feelings and any of you who might feel that way; however appeasement is not my cup of tea.

I am wise enough to know that many will find disagreement with me on any number of issues. I am also entitled to express my opinion as long as it is germaine.

This is in the best spirit of The Forum. :)

#761 Not Sure

Not Sure

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

The irresistible urge to throw cold water at anything on this side is obsessive.

Pot, meet Kettle. You're really reaching with some of these comments. Best spirit of the forum? Right. You're trolling and you know it.

#762 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

Seldom am I willing to give FWTA/DART the benefit of the doubt; the visual perception in photo taken of the over pass might be an exaggeration created by where the photo is snapped. If it really is a hazardous issue, then it is yet another example of on of their bone-headed decisions.

Looking forward to the "views" is yet another snarky remark from the other side of the Metroplex; and from someone who will likely never have a daily reason to ride Tarrant Express other than during opening ceremonies.

My comments about it being a roller coaster are tongue in cheek. While the grade changes may not be outside of maximums, they are not something you normally see in railroading outside of mountainous areas. The grade changes are needed, and you probably won't be holding your hands in the air when you pass through, but it is very different for tracks around here. It is not necessary for you to take a jab at Tamtagon for his reply to my post. As I can see the tracks from my back yard and they do climb so high over Peach Yard and the Choctaw Sub, I'm willing to bet you will get some scenic views of north Fort Worth and downtown from this route.

Your caustic commenting is off-putting and detrimental to the forum.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#763 tamtagon

tamtagon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

This is in the best spirit of The Forum. :)

I'm sorry for getting into this non-topic spat with you. 

Has the TRE/TexRail station gotten any attention from mixed-use planners yet? Making the highway overpass into an access point to the Near Southside and Medical District would create a very compelling Vickery Boulevard.

#764 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

There's a multi-story residential and mixed use project planned for the northwest corner of Main and Vickery and a mystery project that hasn't been announced yet on the vacant lot on the northeast corner.

#765 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

There's a multi-story residential and mixed use project planned for the northwest corner of Main and Vickery and a mystery project that hasn't been announced yet on the vacant lot on the northeast corner.

Hmm...?

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#766 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

Not sure which one you're "hmm?"-ing.

The 12 story mixed use, partnership between The T and the housing authority, proposal has been around for more than 3 years.  Not a priority for the housing authority, but I'm sure the fact that the neighborhood is booming could speed it up.

http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=5715

I can't find Austin's post from not long ago on the mystery project, but the site was being used to store trailers and it has been cleared.  He had a pic of the sign and it leads back to a developer.  The developer replied to him on Twitter or Facebook, but gave no details.

#767 elpingüino

elpingüino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

I believe you're referring to Elkhorn Union. Here's the thread: http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=6525
  • JBB likes this

#768 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:33 PM

Thanks.  I was looking for it in a topic on the Southside instead of its own thread.

#769 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

Not sure which one you're "hmm?"-ing.

The 12 story mixed use, partnership between The T and the housing authority, proposal has been around for more than 3 years.  Not a priority for the housing authority, but I'm sure the fact that the neighborhood is booming could speed it up.

http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=5715

I can't find Austin's post from not long ago on the mystery project, but the site was being used to store trailers and it has been cleared.  He had a pic of the sign and it leads back to a developer.  The developer replied to him on Twitter or Facebook, but gave no details.

I was referring to the northeast corner. I know about the 12 story building. 

I almost forgot about that... 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#770 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

The T shared a photo from inside the maintenance facility

DSuSdAFVQAAy-hO.jpg