56 replies to this topic

#51 Yossarian

Yossarian

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

Unlike illegal immigration, bank robbery is a felony.

So? Redshirt's analogy holds water in hyperbole. Bank robbery could be made a misdemeanor just as easily as ILLEGAL entry into this country could be made a felony.

#52 Redshirt

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I am and always will be a Texas resident. I was born and raised in Fort Worth. Currently, I am in the Air Force working on the CV-22 Osprey, supporting the Fort Worth economy by working on those Bell heliplanes. :) I am currently stationed at Hurlburt Field home of the Air Force Special Operations Command.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(Buck @ Apr 10 2006, 07:55 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Redshirt @ Apr 10 2006, 11:31 AM) View Post

Seems to me that if you get enough people to committ a crime it becomes overwhelming to the judicial system and they just crack. Well then, I'm contemplating getting 11,999,999 of my closest friends to go in on a bunch of bank robberies. laugh.gif

Yeah, good counter point blink.gif

#53 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Buck @ Apr 10 2006, 12:55 PM) View Post

I would bet the illegal population commits a higher % of felonies than the legal population. dry.gif

#54 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:18 PM

Oh, OK. I'll just start parking on the sidewalk, then - if I can get away with it for a year or two, maybe I can then be rewarded with a "Free Sidewalk Parking" pass so The Man won't hassle me about my innocent little lawbreaking.

--

Kara B.

#55 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(cjyoung @ Apr 10 2006, 05:30 PM) View Post

I would bet the illegal population commits a higher % of felonies than the legal population. dry.gif

In the US? How so? Sources people , sources!

COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#56 Yossarian

Yossarian

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:13 AM

I would bet the illegal population commits a higher % of felonies than the legal population.

Although your post was supposition cj, safly has a point; on what basis would you place such a bet? Also, in what manner do your base your wager's supposition? Is the percentage based against the population as a whole or as a relative apportionment, ie are felony committments as a percentage of crime committed by illegals higher than the number of felonies as a percentage of all crime committed by legal immigrants/citizens? If, on the other hand, you suggest (bet) that illegals commit a higher percentage of felonies than LEGAL IMMIGRANTS only, that would most probably be a safe bet.

#57 ghughes

ghughes
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:52 AM

I would bet that illegals keep their profiles as low as possible, don't risk further criminal behavior, work hard, and make better lives for their children. I would bet that legal immigrants have been highly screened, are grateful for their opportunities, work hard, and make better lives for their children.

By far most criminals in the US are native born. I'll leave it to actual sociologists to break that down further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users