360texas's Content

There have been 17 items by 360texas (Search limited from 18-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#150813 Mapping natural spring water

Posted by 360texas on 19 February 2024 - 08:34 AM in Miscellaneous

Thank you.  Appears our ground water is not enough to qualify for USGS mapping.

Yes, subgrade has been saturated (good for trees, bushes, grassy areas) and excess release is only months long until North Texas enters the super hot summer... then it just evaporates.

#150801 Mapping natural spring water

Posted by 360texas on 18 February 2024 - 09:23 AM in Miscellaneous

Every Spring season ground water appear flowing in most Wedgwood Neighborhood yards "South Hills".  Do you know if anyone has attempted to map these natural springs?  Where can I find online actual map records?

One person provided a possible explanation:

The South Hills underground aquifer is full. Read below ground water table. Excess water are natural springs release ground water to the area street storm water collection system and on to local rivers and lakes. On Wilkie way, I have traced one spring that runs along our North side back yard fence line from Marbury Way Eastward to Vega (read down hill). 

I used Ph test strips at Marbury Way and Vega.  Both tests had same Ph values.  Rules out swimming pools and city water.

#150160 Gas leak 900 Throckmorton St downtown

Posted by 360texas on 08 January 2024 - 05:17 PM in Miscellaneous

First reports on Channel 11 11 people injured.  Suspect natural gas leak that lead to structural damage 900 Throckmorton Street. 

#149971 Merry Christmas 2023

Posted by 360texas on 24 December 2023 - 09:21 AM in Architecture in Fort Worth Website & Forum

Happy Holiday - to yall

#149658 2023 Property Tax surprises received yesterday

Posted by 360texas on 11 December 2023 - 09:36 AM in Miscellaneous

This morning I called the tax office and asked them about the 1Nov23 2023 Tax Statement item showing FT Worth ISD exemption amount of  $110,000 when I thought it should be only $100,000. 

After a few minutes looking up she said the $110K is made up of $100,000 + $10,000 for Over 65 tax cap and homestead exemptions. 

I thanked her.

#149633 2023 Property Tax surprises received yesterday

Posted by 360texas on 09 December 2023 - 10:50 AM in Miscellaneous

UPDATE.  I follow Wedgwood Neighborhood - Facebook page.   

There were some folks who got their November property tax notices and all were happy with the $100,000 tax exemption.   

Now in December.... a few of them got a 2nd property tax notice.  Few called in the Tarrant County Tax office (not TAD) and asked why the 2nd statement.  They said... there was an error with the Ft Worth ISD calculations... and the 2nd notice corrected the error and should be used for payment.  

https:// taxonline.tarrantcounty.com/TaxPayer/search 

[Update 11 Dec 23 So I called them 817.884.1100  the auto menu said... property tax office is actually at TAD.  42 in que,  29 minutes wait time. so waiting.  more later.

#149314 Fort Worth Daily Digital

Posted by 360texas on 22 November 2023 - 01:03 PM in Fort Worth & Dallas Urban Photos

Back in 2013 we took a panorama of the JFK Memorial.  Its an interactive 360° spherical image .  Means you can mouse click drag [full up/ down/ left/ right: use your mouse wheel to zoom in / out] on the image an view the entire circular plaza area. 

Image was take with our Canon 5D with a full circle 8mm f2.0 spherical fisheye lens. Took 4 images at 90° and stitched them together with special PTgui  software.

Enjoy

https://worldwidepan...right-8223.html

on the page header click Next > to see my wife Pat's panorama.

Just below (scroll down on page) is a full listing of description, equipment used.

#149166 2023 Property Tax surprises received yesterday

Posted by 360texas on 12 November 2023 - 04:14 PM in Miscellaneous

No the rates were were not the cause of the reduction. The major reduction was affected by the Texas State Constitution Law Exemptions which had Voters approval locked to increase the exemptions. Yes it will be interesting to see how the local entities "% rates" are adjusted. No word about property assessment going up.  I think Property assessments are based on equal size adjacent property actually assessed values. 

#149135 2023 Property Tax surprises received yesterday

Posted by 360texas on 10 November 2023 - 02:27 PM in Miscellaneous

Nitixope -> Done GOOD.

#149126 2023 Property Tax surprises received yesterday

Posted by 360texas on 10 November 2023 - 09:07 AM in Miscellaneous

Received our 2023 Property Tax Statement. Homestead and over 65 and increase in Exemptions.

Largest reduction was Fort Worth ISD [update]and TC College, Tarrant County, TC Hospital and City of Fort Worth.  All these were due to increase in Exemption Amount

Cut our overall tax by 50%.  Good things are happening.

Need to learn IF these are permanent?

#148127 Electric Bill added a new September charge

Posted by 360texas on 14 September 2023 - 02:34 PM in Miscellaneous

Maybe its Texas Grid  ERCOT issuing the Emergency Energy (EEA) ALERT and Oncor is collecting the charge money thru your electric billings.

ERCOT Texas Grid Emergency Energy Alerts website is :

https://www.ercot.com/services/comm/mkt_notices/opsmessages 

#148094 Electric Bill added a new September charge

Posted by 360texas on 12 September 2023 - 03:47 PM in Miscellaneous

My September electric bill has a new charge added.

We use Reliant Energy.  We keep a detailed cost record on our Excel budget spread sheet.  Got September 2023 bill and was keying in the monthly costs like monthly electricity used, Oncor delivery costs etc... then this month I found a NEW small charge called "Temporary Emergency Electric Energy Facilities" of 14 pennies .14 cents.

So I called Reliant and learned that this was a charge probably from ONCOR bringing online additional 'Thermal power plant or Combustion Turbine power plant' power during a one time EMERGENCY ALERT as result of HIGH Electric usage.

She suggested that this .14 cent charge might be a 1 time charge because temperatures starting September onward will probably be going into FALL -> Winter reduced demand for electricity.  Well sort of..... for those who use Natural Gas for heating.

Interested in learning if anyone electric bill ALSO noticed a small "Temporary Emergency Electric Energy Facilities" charge on their September billing.

#147438 EVs and gas prices

Posted by 360texas on 24 July 2023 - 09:44 AM in Miscellaneous

We lived and worked with Corps of Engineers in Saudi Arabia between 1971 to 1985.  They were already switching from their oil income to other innovative methods.  We saw many Saudi's sending their people to other countries for education.  Our construction sites had a Saudi Engineering group that worked with us. 

We built vertical construction as well as ports and harbors on both East and West side of their country.  We saw new Saudi Universities built and operated.  They have improved their national roads, rail, freeways as well as Saudia Airlines and international airports.  In other words... they developed infrastructure.  They have come along way from total reliance on oil income.

#147415 Wedgwood area - Sewer and Water upgrades

Posted by 360texas on 22 July 2023 - 01:06 PM in City Issues

We have lived here for the last 30 some years.   Replaced the street paving a couple of time.  Replaced/ added concrete Storm water inlets, Water and Waste Water lines with the BLUE / Greenish about 8 - 10 years ago which I thought would have brought them up to code.  Couple days ago Atmos Gas replaced their main gas line and currently bored under street to replace our gas service line.

Now their notice reads they are about to do the storm, water and waste lines again.... maybe they improved the material and installation specifications to the extent that replacement is required.  Which is a good neighborhood thing.

#147301 Wedgwood area - Sewer and Water upgrades

Posted by 360texas on 17 July 2023 - 02:59 PM in City Issues

In the USPS mail today I got a FW Water Department flyer called "Improvements are on the horizon".   Now the city is going to replace existing water and sewer mains AGAIN.  OH YEAH !  I guess the Atmos Gas service lines to Wilkie Way home residents will wait until water and sewers are complete. 

Sewer lines are deepest, the Water over sewer mains, and gas service is near top and over all the buried utilities mains.

Impacted Streets include:
Warton Drive
Wren Ave
Wilkie Way
Wayland Drive
Colusa Drive
Moreley Ave
Denbury Drive
Vega Drive
And, in easements

Only thing they did not mention were "Contract Start and expected completion Dates"

I guess this is rebuilding our city infrastructure property taxes at work.  Should be grateful.  

Are we having fun yet?

#146882 Do our city leaders deserve a pay raise?

Posted by 360texas on 30 June 2023 - 09:44 AM in City Issues

/Thinking outloud/ 

She knew the compen$ation rate. She knew the work involved before before running for public office.  Still she accepted the position. 

I suggest she resign if she is now not willing to perform Mayor duties by taking a 2nd job during normal CITY Government business hours.

/Not Thinking outloud/ 

#146738 EVs and gas prices

Posted by 360texas on 25 June 2023 - 08:52 AM in Miscellaneous

Just a small comment:  We retired from Federal Civil Service in 1999 our driving has reduced to less than 1,000 miles a year.  Last time I bought gas for the car was in 8 March 2022 (yes I keep my gas receipts) We now have 1/2 tank remaining. 

The gas engine only engages when I drive over 35 mph.  Otherwise local driving is using the electric motor which is continuously charging the battery using regenerative braking.  Push the brake pedal or slowing down charges the battery. Yes we still use our 2017 Toyota Prius hybrid.  Smile