63 replies to this topic

#51 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

HUGE news as there has been an appearance of "HI Forum Tower" in the FAA. Height, 1080 ft. Would be the new tallest in the state of Texas and the first supertall outside Houston in Texas. We'll see where this goes, hoping it happens. 

This is actually the second supertall skyscraper being proposed, the other being the Hillwood Tower, right?; and if these were to actually happen, it would represent an amazing fete.

#52 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:38 AM

"HI" is Harwood International. This is the only one. Though the rendering shows connected twins. 

#53 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

"HI" is Harwood International. This is the only one. Though the rendering shows connected twins. 

I refer to post#40 in this thread.  Nothing like this is currently going on in the U.S. with the exception of NYC.  Its more like the real estate development in Dubai or China.

#54 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

Oooooh. Perot's project. I haven't seen much speculation that it will be over 1,000, probably more around 600-800. Not sure there is any more solid news though.

#55 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:39 AM

Here's some more from the Dallas Morning News about the rendering in post #47:

Pictures of proposed skyscrapers north of downtown Dallas cause a stir in cyberspace

#56 pelligrini

pelligrini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

Yea! an article with some common sense and a bit of an insight to what a lot of renderings really are, concepts.

Erik France

#57 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

Yea! an article with some common sense and a bit of an insight to what a lot of renderings really are, concepts.

But do you petition the FAA with a certain height based just on concepts?  I'm seriously asking the question.

#58 pelligrini

pelligrini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:14 PM

Not sure what an FAA petition is or what it entails. I assume you are referring to this: https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=261961202&row=0 

If it is just an inquiry if a proposed obstruction would be allowed or not, I probably would, also depending on the seriousness of the concept and who it was for. It looks to me to be part of the due diligence when developing a project or idea. One can end up getting sued if a proposed design was used for marketing and such and found later to be un-buildable.

The reason I say I would is that I bet the person that did the plans for SPM and Wier near Lockheed that was supposed to go on the old VFW Post site in White Settlement would have checked height restrictions beforehand. From what I understand a much taller building was proposed closer to the airstrips, and plans might have been started before it was found out that height restrictions came into play.

Erik France

#59 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

The Cafe Express at McKinney and Bowen is closing this week, soon to be torn down to make way for a 20-story apartment tower....that will have a Cafe Express on the ground floor:

DMN story: LINK

#60 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:23 AM

Four new high-rise towers in the works for Victory Park.  Story from DMN.

-28 story residential

-24 story (approx) residential (by same company that built the Skyhouse Dallas)

-23 story office tower

-20 story (approx) residential w/retail (movie theater specified)

The 28-story residential tower is under construction in the space that used to be a parking lot just north of the AAC.  It is now 30 stories, and there is a rendering in this here link.  

#61 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:45 AM

Wow, Victory is starting to really shape up after an agonizingly slow start. It is encouraging that what would be dismissed as unusable leftovers of land in other cities are being developed as multistory buildings in Dallas. While enthusiastic about the kind and quality of recent and upcoming projects I have to wonder what the effect on local traffic is going to be. Of course, Dallas has the option of expanding the new streetcar system in that direction if needed...

#62 eastfwther

eastfwther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:41 PM

Wow, Victory is starting to really shape up after an agonizingly slow start. It is encouraging that what would be dismissed as unusable leftovers of land in other cities are being developed as multistory buildings in Dallas. While enthusiastic about the kind and quality of recent and upcoming projects I have to wonder what the effect on local traffic is going to be. Of course, Dallas has the option of expanding the new streetcar system in that direction if needed...

What's going on in Victory is pretty amazing. The AAC will soon be surrounded by highrises.  I'm glad to see things going on here in FW, but I really love large urban developments, not just the highrises and mixed used developments in Dallas, but the huge State Farm development in Richardson, the cowboys development in Frisco, several developments in Plano, the Cypress Waters, Music Factory and recently announced huge Verizon project in Irving...unfortunatley Fort Worth doesn't see many major developments like this.  I mentioned before that there are several single apartment buildings going up in and around downtown Dallas larger than all  the new residential going up in DTFW combined.  I really wish FW could get a little taste of what's going on to the east.

#63 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

What's going on in Victory is pretty amazing. The AAC will soon be surrounded by highrises.  I'm glad to see things going on here in FW, but I really love large urban developments, not just the highrises and mixed used developments in Dallas, but the huge State Farm development in Richardson, the cowboys development in Frisco, several developments in Plano, the Cypress Waters, Music Factory and recently announced huge Verizon project in Irving...unfortunatley Fort Worth doesn't see many major developments like this.  I mentioned before that there are several single apartment buildings going up in and around downtown Dallas larger than all  the new residential going up in DTFW combined.  I really wish FW could get a little taste of what's going on to the east.

Yeah; its amazing how Dallas gets so much love and admiration.

Fort Worth could be forgiven if it sometime feels like a "middle child"; the one who never gets the same amount of parental adoration or appreciation that is so profusely lavished upon the eldest and youngest child.

#64 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:35 AM

A new two-tower mixed-use project, dubbed "the Union project", broke ground in Victory Park this morning. 

-Located at Field & Cedar Springs (just north of the Perot Museum, and a few blocks east of the AAC)

-The 22-story office tower that will host Vinson & Elkins and Weaver as anchor tenants. 

-The 309-unit residential tower looks to be equal or greater height in the rendering

-Tom Thumb will have a 60,000 sq ft store at ground level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users