• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

Fort Worth Star - Telegram Section B page 1 [and 4b Council] "Fort Worth settles suit by fired employee' by Bill Hanna

Partial Quote "In the suit, Cathrine Davidson contended that city workers didn't deposit at least 17 checks from developers, totaling about $500,000, and that they didn't collect about $2.4 million in fees "in order to provide special treatment for certain developers such as Hillwood Development Company."

AND it makes me wonder about 'Fort Worth Cities Budget shortfall' issues and city employees that might be the cause.

I hope HEADS ROLL

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#2 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Living in the city

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Fort Worth Star - Telegram Section B page 1 [and 4b Council] "Fort Worth settles suit by fired employee' by Bill Hanna

Partial Quote "In the suit, Cathrine Davidson contended that city workers didn't deposit at least 17 checks from developers, totaling about $500,000, and that they didn't collect about $2.4 million in fees "in order to provide special treatment for certain developers such as Hillwood Development Company."

AND it makes me wonder about 'Fort Worth Cities Budget shortfall' issues and city employees that might be the cause.

I hope HEADS ROLL

Issues like this really turn me sour on Fort Worth. I have already moved my residence out of Fort Worth and I am strongly considering signing a lease somewhere else for my business when me lease is up in 2.5 years.

#3 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Attended a community meeting last night. Had the opportunity to ask Fort Worth Council Member Jungus Jordan about this issue.

Essentially, he said that an auditor had traced this issue to an employee who had put the undeposited checks in their desk.

End result:

developers checks were deposited.
uncollected developers fees were collected and deposited

employee was fired

I appreciate Mr. Jordans help with this disturbing issue

As I recall the newspaper article didn't write about the disposition of the developers fees and checks. Or maybe I just missed it.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#4 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Attended a community meeting last night. Had the opportunity to ask Fort Worth Council Member Jungus Jordan about this issue.

Essentially, he said that an auditor had traced this issue to an employee who had put the undeposited checks in their desk.

Seems to me that some sort of "check" or "balance" is missing in this process. Hooray for the auditor, but audits are usually infrequent. Perhaps someone other than this former employee should have been aware of the existence of these checks and had the responsibility to attend to their proper disposition. Perhaps another audit is already underway to assure this sort of thing can't happen again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users