Photo
- - - - -

West 7th Development

Cultural District W. 7th Street Urban Villages New Construction Mixed Use Development

• Please log in to reply
854 replies to this topic

#851 mmmdan

mmmdan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

My guess for the restaurants would be that most of them cater to the higher end market.  You have all the apartments, which based on my coworkers, I'm going to go ahead and assume are filled with primarily young professionals starting out.  They can't afford to eat at a Waters or Tillmans every night, or even once a week.

That leaves the restaurants relying on people coming in to support them and keep them going.  With the restaurants that are there, my wife and I go out to eat in W7th, maybe once every couple of months, and we don't bring our kid.

The rent is probably too high for it, but I would love to see some new restaurants that cater to the middle of the road crowd that isn't a taco place.  I would bet something that is in the price range of a Chili's would do well.

I would love to be able to go to a new mom and pop restaurant that focuses on doing decent food at a reasonable price.  Maybe that price range is only available to chain's due to scale.

#852 BlueMound

BlueMound

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:42 PM

There are also some comments in the reddit thread about Museum Place.

They are a bit concerning.

#853 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:25 PM

They keep talking about the parking...

I don't see how.

tcu_sig.png

2hrhp3q.jpg

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#854 rriojas71

rriojas71

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

They keep talking about the parking...
I don't see how.

I think they are talking about weekend nights. The area cannot accommodate parking on the weekends. It is only going to get worse once America Gardens, Kung Fu Saloon and whatever is going to replace the land Salsa Limon was on gets built out.

I hate to beat a dead horse... but hey city council, work out a deal with the FWISD and the Farrington Field parking lot. It's not that difficult.

Even during Football season the lot is 2/3rds empty.

#855 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Austin, please tell me that's you with the "insanersection" comment.

I plead the 5th
  • JBB likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cultural District, W. 7th Street, Urban Villages, New Construction, Mixed Use Development

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users