• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lonn Taylor

Lonn Taylor

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:History of the Southwest, Historic Preservation, Architecture and Decorative Arts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:19 AM

In the mid-1950s my grandmother used to take me with her on visits to one of her contemporaries, a Miss Zane-Cetti, who lived in a large stone mansion on the old South Side near, I think, the old Central High School building. Miss Zane-Cetti's father had owned a brewery in Fort Worth in the 1890s and had built the house about 1900. Can any list members tell me exactly where it was and if it is still standing?

Lonn Taylor

#2 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:04 PM

Is CHS near the Old Granbury Rd. and Stadiumk Dr. area? If so, I think I may know whee that school stands and can thus be observant of a mansion. There aren't too many big homes by today's standards out there.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#3 Lonn Taylor

Lonn Taylor

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:History of the Southwest, Historic Preservation, Architecture and Decorative Arts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(safly @ Aug 13 2007, 02:04 PM) View Post

Is CHS near the Old Granbury Rd. and Stadiumk Dr. area? If so, I think I may know whee that school stands and can thus be observant of a mansion. There aren't too many big homes by today's standards out there.

The old Central High School is now Trimble Technical High School at 2003 West Cannon Street, which I think is only a few blocks from Magnolia Avenue.

Lonn Taylor

#4 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:10 PM

There are several stoned homes near there. And their pic's should be on this site.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#5 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:11 AM

I don't have it listed on this site. I looked at the Tarrant County Historic Resources Survey, and there is no listing for it. From that, I would assume that it was demolished, or we know it by a different name.

You might try contacting Historic Fort Worth, Inc. They might be able to look it up in the Preservation Resource Library. The web site is http://www.historicfortworth.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users