Most Liked Content

#53780 The Photo Challenge

Posted by John T Roberts on 28 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

I'm starting a new game on this board to highlight our photography talents. It is similar to the Song Game. Here are the rules. A person posts a photo and then someone else posts a photo that somehow relates to the one last posted. It can relate in a number of ways. For example: if a person posts a photo of a red brick Victorian building with a woman walking a dog in front and a Honda Accord and a van parked in front, then the next person can post a photo of another building with red brick, another photo of someone walking a dog, a photo of just a dog, a photo of a car, a photo of a van, a photo of a woman, or another photo of a building of the same style. Since the building is red, one could even post a photo of a tomato because it relates to the color of the building. The shots do not have to be urban in nature, but you do have to be the photographer, or be in the photo. Also, the shots do not have to be from Fort Worth. They can be from anywhere.

The rules in short:

1. Post a reply photo that somehow relates to the last one posted.
2. You must be the photographer, with one exception. You may be in the photograph and you had someone else take it.
3. You may not reply to your last post unless no one else has replied in 24 hours.
4. You may not repeat your photographs posted in this thread. However, you may repost photos that you used in other threads on this forum.
5. If you wish, you may post how your photo relates to the last one. There may be times when someone doesn't get the connection.

OK, I'm going to start it off with something fairly easy to post a photo that relates. This shot was taken at the Main Street Arts Festival at night.

To make the next post a little easier, the next photos could be: a photo (day or night) of the Burk Burnett Building, a photo (day or night) of The Tower, a night photo of any type, a traffic light, tents of similar color, other Main St. Arts Festival photos, people photos, blurry people photos, Sundance Square plaques and logos, or even a street sign. Use your imagination and be creative in your replies. Have fun!

#64774 The Photo Challenge

Posted by John T Roberts on 11 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

While we are the subject of bicycles, here is another one taken on the Trinity Trails that show the Fort Worth Skyline behind.
Posted Image

#64148 California Photo Journey

Posted by Art Cooler on 10 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

I was priviledged to visit San Francisco and Northern California over the holidays. Weather wasn't always agreeable, but when it was I managed to get out and do some photography. Thought I'd include a few snaps here for the forum's perusal:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Marin County Civic Center, by Frank Lloyd Wright:

Posted Image

Interior of Marin County Civic Center:

Posted Image

Rainy night in San Francisco. Shot made from my motel window:

Posted Image

The California Bar sign in Auburn, CA:

Posted Image

Concrete sculpture in Auburn, CA, backdropped by approaching Pacific storm clouds:

Posted Image

#49113 Photos of the distance. (Telephoto lenses)

Posted by Brian Luenser on 31 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

I thought I might start another Topic here in General Photography. I take some pictures with my big telescope but now supplement my magnification obsession with a big lens on my camera. I have posted several already in various areas that have some other (like architectural significance) but these pictures are just purely for the sake of "how far can I see?"

This shot is with my Rebel XSi with a Canon 400mm 5.6 and a Canon 2X converter on my tripod from my 34th floor balcony of my place in The Tower.
I took these pictures yesterday when I got home from work as the storm was approaching from the Northwest. At that point Fort Worth and Arlington was deep within the clouds, but Dallas was still bright and sunny. really stratified the landscape by distance. I like the effect. And though far from "Tack sharp" gets me pretty close to Dallas. Closer than I would have imagined without using my telescope. The near foreground is the Loop 820 area (See Luby's on left) the intermediate ground is North Arlington and then of course Downtown Dallas. Take a look.

#17553 Green Mountain Energy Wind Farm

Posted by safly on 19 October 2005 - 10:10 PM

Great, looks like Palm Springs.

#87478 Reit plans to demolish Westchester Tower and redevelop as mixed use

Posted by Austin55 on 26 September 2014 - 03:39 AM

Via Scott Nishimura and VLK architects

wcPNjwd.png

1EmtyLU.jpg

5ogFy7j.jpg

VLK-Architects-424-Summit-1.jpg

VLK-Architects-424-Summit-2.jpg

I'm liking it, the curved glass on following summit ought to be a pretty cool gateway element, The residential portion looks dense and interesting. Good project. 

#75854 Concert Photos - The Diabolical Machines Live at Lola's

Posted by Fort Worthology on 12 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

This one's admittedly a little self-serving, but hey, not enough local concert photography in this place, and I thought it'd be nice to both promote my band (which now contains two forum members!) *and* a great local photographer, so here we go.

My indie rock band, The Diabolical Machines, performed at Lola's off 7th Street last week (along with our friends Lindby and Abandon City).  My friend Melissa Claire Photography was on hand to take photos.  To be clear:  I did not take these.  Melissa did, but I am posting them with her permission.

It was a ton of fun and we can't wait to do it again.  We had Lindby's drummer Logan as our guest drummer for this show.

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-1.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-2.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-3.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-4.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-5.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-6.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-7.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-8.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-9.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-10.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-11.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-12.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-13.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-14.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-15.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-16.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-17.jpg

DiabolicalMachines-Lolas-Web-18.jpg

#66063 From LoveThesePics.com: Abandoned Joy

Posted by gdvanc on 22 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

A couple of fascinating photo sets from LoveThesePics.com:

Six Flags New Orleans

Gagra, the Russian Riviera

#59937 5d mkII Firmware update announcement

Posted by 360texas on 01 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

Canon-Europe announced a 5d MkII major firmware mid year update

http://www.canon-eur...Media_Alert.asp

#107387 Two Fort Worth Forum Members In FW Inc. Magazine

Posted by John T Roberts on 19 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

Two of the Fort Worth Forum Members have made the November/December issue of FW, Inc. Magazine.  The two are yours truly, and Austin55.  Our friend Tim Young (Downtown Fort Worth Walking Tours) took our photograph together at the Texas & Pacific Railway Terminal.  Below is a link to the article by Samantha Calimbahin.

http://trendmag.tren...3119,"page":18}

#90503 Highpointe on S. Main (Coca-Cola bldg)

Posted by John T Roberts on 12 March 2015 - 09:21 AM

Here is how the project is going to look:

71658_1425876739_highpoint-large.jpg

#85153 "Left Bank"

Posted by Austin55 on 25 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

Do you guys love me? Cause I got a siteplan. You can click it to make it bigger.

ijPbbTa.jpg

Included are a some very interesting things.

-There's a lot of parking, but honestly it's less than I expected and a lot of it is within garages. Lots also leave room for potential expansion in the future. Overall, the design is much better than just to the west, for example. 

-At the back is a lisitng for a 250 unit highrise. 

-Lots of retail fronting 7th street, good news. 

-Harold street looks to be the "main" street of Left bank, most of the major buildings are set on it. 

-There's no interaction with the Trinity. This is dissapointing. 

-Looks like the majority of the buildings will be 4-6 floors. 

There's also this kinda cheesy water coloring rendering that doesn't show much, but maybe shows off some of the architectual motifs and gives a decent idea of what's up. 

9mYfVNa.jpg

#73342 360Texas - Visits Izamal, Yucatan, Mexico. Fisheye View

Posted by 360texas on 18 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

We have visited Mexico every year over the last 10 years or so. From Cancun, Izamal [ pronounced e’ samal ] is a 3 hour drive West into the Mexican state of Yucatan. While there we photographed 4 pyramids, Catholic Church, barber shop and an Agave Distillery [read tequila factory].

From the main map click on one of the several red dot hotspots to visit that location. In each scene there is a few more red dot hotspots you can see more scenes at that location. Just click the panorama to rotate the image around, up and down. To return to the main map.. click the small Toucan bird in the toolbar at bottom of page.
Posted Image

For Brian: We use our Canon 5d and Sigma 8mm 180° Fisheye lens tilted up 5° at f/8 and set to hyperfocal distance at .9 feet, all on a monopod. 4 images around and assembled them with PTgui stitching editor. Being 70 got to keep the little gray cells very active.

[Technical stuff]
We have tested this page using web browsers Internet Explorer 9, Foxfire 16.02, and Chrome 23.0. We are working on adding Apple’s web browser Safari for idevice functionality which should be available in a month or so.

This page requires that your browser have a commonly install Adobe Flash 9 - 11.x viewer. If you do not have flash installed.. the page is designed to “click through to install Flash” link to Adobe’s website to install Flash, then you may return to the link below.

http://360texas.com/...ces/izamalcity/

Enjoy,

/s/s/
Dave and Pat
Still at 360Texas.com

#67855 Guitars

Posted by Ron Payne on 29 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

A visit from the UPS man yesterday prompted me to share some photos of my growing guitar collection. Even if you're not a musician, the woodwork on some of these instruments is quite stunning!

First, yesterday's delivery - an Ibanez EW20AS with figured ash front, back and sides, mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard - exquisite!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Next up, my Dean acoustic electric in African Bubinga wood, again with a mahogany neck

Posted Image

This is the 5-piece mahogany headstock of my Ovation Model 1124, sporting an ebony fingerboard on the other side

Posted Image

Next is the spruce body of my Charvel 625C, with rosewood back and sides and rosewood extended fingerboard

Posted Image

One of my favorites - this is the back of my 1964 Goya classical - flamed maple with a mahogany neck and ebony fingerboard

Posted Image

Last, but certainly not least, this homely little guy is my 1961 Gibson C1E, with maple top, mahogany back and sides and rosewood fingerboard. It may not look as good as some of the others, but the sound is the sweetest of all!

Posted Image

#63918 Livestock Exchange Building.. Christmas 2005

Posted by djold1 on 23 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

I came up with some pictures I took in the Stockyards in 2005 about this time of the year..

They are posted in my Fort Worth Gazette blog

#56304 The Skies

Posted by 360texas on 06 July 2009 - 06:53 AM

Look around you will find many timers with different configurations from $19 knockoff's to Canon's high price. If you are using Canon's you can always fix/replace under warranty. LOLLLL But then you already know about getting camera's repaired. Nice that you can try one out in FT Worth Camera Shoppe. I find that some of the menu systems and ease of operation goes along way towards customer satisfaction. Some of the timer menu's are darn right confusing and hard to operate.

http://shop.ebay.com...-All-Categories

This is a link to a "User Manual". Its as close as I can get this morning : http://www.luminous-...s/tc-80n3.shtml

#51025 Photos of the distance. (Telephoto lenses)

Posted by Brian Luenser on 08 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

Grabbed my gear (And spousal unit) and ran west of Fort Worth to try my shot at Dallas and Fort Worth. I was afraid it was to hazy, and it was. (5mph winds) I thought I could at least determine if that was my location for a later shoot. But... I could not find Dallas! (Did you all EVER think you would hear me say that!)

It was worth the drive however as I did not even know those neighborhoods existed. And sure enough, as I drove further West than our (Checkpoint Charlie) It got really beautiful. The hills, the flowers, the million dollar homes. (OK, in the sticks maybe 400K) Was very nice.

I am concerned that it is too far North however, to get Dallas and Fort Worth in the same telephoto shot. I think Dallas will be a hunk to the left of Dallas. (Like maybe a 200mm lens to get both distance.) I want to use 400 or 800mm to get both up close. I am going back to that spot either way as it is a great location. But, I may still be on the hunt for a spot in-line with Dallas and Fort Worth. As I did a lot of driving and carried a lot of gear, you knew you weren't going to get by without 2 pics just the same. A 60mm shot and a 400mm. Hazy, the both.

#50201 Playing in the streets

Posted by Brian Luenser on 05 September 2008 - 10:26 AM

This morning as I was perusing the XTO neighborhood, I see this old corvette on Houston Street. Sunny, 68 degrees, calm winds, Friday. Life is sweet! rolleyes.gif

#44145 The Skies

Posted by Brian Luenser on 21 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

Enjoyed the Lunar Eclipse last night. (Feb 20, 08) Here are two shots after the clouds broke.

#118269 The Worth Residences (30 floors)

Posted by FWGeek on 08 April 2019 - 08:32 AM

Whelp. I have to admit if this had been a betting event, I would've lost all my money. :) The Worth Residences group got the land back under contract Friday.