FTW Convention Center

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Gary Morgan - Historical preservation, zoning and growth issues, Serious but not professional photographer, been in construction and design since late 70's

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Does anyone know the diameter of the round portion of the convention center as well as how tall it is? Spent an hour or so searching around the net and cant find much on it. Appreciate any info!  

#2 Bonfire98A

Bonfire98A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

I roughly measured it using mapping software and it looks like the main dome is about 425' across.  I can't estimate the height with it, but at least you're in the right place to find experts who know a thing or two about building heights downtown.

#3 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Gary Morgan - Historical preservation, zoning and growth issues, Serious but not professional photographer, been in construction and design since late 70's

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:05 PM

Hey Bonfire, I found on a site said it was 85' tall at its peak which seems about right. I used google earth and came up about 350 on the dome portion, and 450 with overhangs but that seems bigger than I would have thought. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users