• Please log in to reply
707 replies to this topic

#451 fortworth81

fortworth81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

So any news on when the other retail tenants are going to be opening?... I thought we would have seen or heard something by now. It just seems like Hopdoddy will be alone for quite some time.

I think they are still in negotiations in regards to the retail facing 7th.  All the other retail that has been announced will be opening underneath the apartments.  It is my understanding all the current retail is ready to open pending construction (which is behind).  Midici is opening on one end, and I was told a Mexican restaurant may be on the opposite end (one currently not in Fort Worth, but well known in Dallas).

I think they are holding out and hoping for bigger name retail for the space facing 7th .... so we shall see.

#452 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Another retail tenant going into Left Bank
Creamistry - ice cream
https://creamistry.com

So... Dippin' Dots?

No, it's real ice cream made in front of you using liquid nitrogen to freeze the ingredients.

#453 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Gary Morgan - Historical preservation, zoning and growth issues, Serious but not professional photographer, been in construction and design since late 70's

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

I noticed there is a Left Bank for sale sign on the tract of land where the hotel was suppose to be.  I believe it said 3.x acres zoned MU-2 .... so I'm not for sure if the sign is just there referencing another tract of land, or if something happened to the hotel deal?

EDIT:

I did in fact learn that Valencia did pull their contract, so Left Bank is either looking for another hotel or to build apartments on the lot.  Seems like a waste given the direct access to the river and unobstructed views that parcel of land has .....

FW81 ... Any idea if they are still even wanting a hotel? I've left numerous messages with their development office and the Rea Estate company and can't get a return call. Have companies interested if someone would return a call! 

I have learned that apparently the Valencia hotel deal is back on.  I really hope this gets done.  I think it would greatly benefit the whole development and the area in general desperately needs the hotel space. 

I do at times feel for the Left Bank development, I know originally Whole Foods was looking, Neimans, West Elm was originally under contract at LB and I think a few other stores that switched to Clearfork.  I just wonder if a few things like that would have came to fruition how much different it would have been. 

I was hoping it wouldn't, but then that was soley for selfish reasons obviously ! lol. In all seriousness Valencia does some really cool and awesome stuff. I don't know if the site lays out well for it but one like the Lone Star Court would be really cool here looking out over the river as well as possibly a draw top bring people in to the development with the live bands and such. Guess I will go back to trying to figure out how I can buy the T&P building!

#454 BlueMound

BlueMound

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

I noticed there is a Left Bank for sale sign on the tract of land where the hotel was suppose to be.  I believe it said 3.x acres zoned MU-2 .... so I'm not for sure if the sign is just there referencing another tract of land, or if something happened to the hotel deal?

EDIT:

I did in fact learn that Valencia did pull their contract, so Left Bank is either looking for another hotel or to build apartments on the lot.  Seems like a waste given the direct access to the river and unobstructed views that parcel of land has .....

FW81 ... Any idea if they are still even wanting a hotel? I've left numerous messages with their development office and the Rea Estate company and can't get a return call. Have companies interested if someone would return a call!

I have learned that apparently the Valencia hotel deal is back on.  I really hope this gets done.  I think it would greatly benefit the whole development and the area in general desperately needs the hotel space. 

I do at times feel for the Left Bank development, I know originally Whole Foods was looking, Neimans, West Elm was originally under contract at LB and I think a few other stores that switched to Clearfork.  I just wonder if a few things like that would have came to fruition how much different it would have been.
The Valencia Hotel project is back on ?!
Thats great news!

#455 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

Arch Image?... Do you mean the Lone Star Court in North Austin? If so, then I am not in favor of something like that being built along the river. At least not that type of architecture. The concept is interesting but I think it would compete and take away from the Planned Panther Island Pavilion on the TRVA drawing board

#456 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

Arch Image?... Do you mean the Lone Star Court in North Austin? If so, then I am not in favor of something like that being built along the river. At least not that type of architecture. The concept is interesting but I think it would compete and take away from the Planned Panther Island Pavilion on the TRVA drawing board

Hotel Sorella Houston is the one for LB.

https://www.valencia...tel-sorella.htm

#457 fortworth81

fortworth81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

Hotel Sorella Houston is the one for LB.

https://www.valencia...tel-sorella.htm

I think the original design is still in play for the hotel ....

#458 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

We got to hear from West Miller last night and the hotel developer for Left Bank.  The hotel is being developed by Valencia, and appears to be very upscale and luxurious with a "Fort Worth" feel and vibe.  It is my understanding it will be 4/5 stories tall with a 60 to 70 feet height variance.  The design was very different, but think the overall concept and what they are doing will be great for the area and Fort Worth.  It is my understanding it will also have a restaurant overlooking the river.  Similar to the Woodshed but with river and downtown views.

cattlemans.jpg

We also got to see the plans for the grocery and the renderings look great.  It will be a Safeway/Market Street/Tom Thumb store but with a very urban footprint.  I believe with the quality of items we are used to getting at Central Market.   I am very excited to be finally getting this in our area, it will be very well served.

I think the original design is still in play for the hotel ....

and as shown above a really nice design for LB

#459 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Gary Morgan - Historical preservation, zoning and growth issues, Serious but not professional photographer, been in construction and design since late 70's

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

renamerusk, I had not seen this before, definitely has an interesting feel to it. If I get the orientation right the green in front goes down to the river. The sorella is really nice but I think would be a bit upscale for the location.

#460 Mr_Brightside526

Mr_Brightside526

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Fort Worth

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

Great design. It would be nice if the parallel buildings were angled outward so each room had more of a downtown view, kinda like if it were a beach front property. I'm sure the property size doesn't allow that though.

#461 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

Do the 3 circles on top of the levee look like they may be fire pits?

I think the building will definitely go well with the look of the Left Bank flats and apartments and the design is great, but this looks too much like a lodge to me and would be a much better fit in the River District or any other place along the river except across from downtown.

#462 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Do the 3 circles on top of the levee look like they may be fire pits?....but this looks too much like a lodge to me and would be a much better fit in the River District or any other place along the river except across from downtown.

The motor lodge look is not great.  I prefer more secure lodging where cars do not park immediately at your door.  I suggest that the two-story wings replicate the design oft cross wing.

#463 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

Very Similar to what they are doing in Las Colinas

#464 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

So as the apartment buildings are coming together I am starting to notice a disturbing trend with most of the residential buildings currently going up in West 7th, the Foundry District and the River District.

What's up with the color trend of grey, brown and white. There are way too many projects using this color palette and it makes them look cheap and value engineered. The ones in the Foundry District look ok because they kind of have a warehouse-like look to them which blends in with what is there but the rest of them look boring and uninspired.

#465 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

Here's another concept I'd seen a few years back

DLU9J-HVoAAjQ_A.jpg

DLU9MVMUEAAzay0.jpg

#466 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

What's up with the color trend of grey, brown and white. There are way too many projects using this color palette and it makes them look cheap and value engineered. The ones in the Foundry District look ok because they kind of have a warehouse-like look to them which blends in with what is there but the rest of them look boring and uninspired.

If you watch any of the current reality shows concerning design and remodeling, those are the in colors, especially for interiors. I have some friends that recently painted the exterior of their 60's built house with gray on the brick and white trim. It looks sharp.

I'm kind of mixed on the results on apartments. I think the materials say more about how they look than the colors.

#467 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

Disregard post #465. The design shown here a while back is still the one. Here are some additional views, the building is going before the Board of Adjustment for a height variance (to tall for it's current zoning...) It is proposed to be 171 ft.

DMC23HJUQAAIivA.jpg

DMC21RwUMAEv2tC.jpg

DMC201wUIAAwp21.jpg

DMC21eXVQAAD167.jpg

#468 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

I kind of like that, but I'm confused. Which building is 171 feet?

#469 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

I kind of like that, but I'm confused. Which building is 171 feet?

Sorry the wording confused me, here's more detail. 

ESqnufm.jpg

• JBB likes this

#470 fortworth81

fortworth81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

This will top out at 71' and in comparison, the apartments over retail (Alta Left Bank Lofts) tops out at 75'.

#471 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:54 AM

Left Bank has posted a video on their page advertising the development. It still mentions the high rise, which could contain 150-300 units. 

http://www.centergyr....com/properties

#472 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

2 miles to TCU?  I'll take the over on that one.

#473 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

Left Bank has posted a video on their page advertising the development. It still mentions the high rise, which could contain 150-300 units. 

http://www.centergyr....com/properties

I’m not seeing any video

#474 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

I don't see any "high-rise hotel" in the depictions on their website.  It mentions a national brand hotel and I get that it could be 150 to 300 units.  How high a rise in an area where tower construction is frowned upon by the elitist museum stakeholders?  Not more than 12 stories, I'm guessing.

#475 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

I don't see any "high-rise hotel" in the depictions on their website.  It mentions a national brand hotel and I get that it could be 150 to 300 units.  How high a rise in an area where tower construction is frowned upon by the elitist museum stakeholders?  Not more than 12 stories, I'm guessing.

Initially, I looked for a depiction of a high rise and there is not one.  The mentioning of the high rise is 40 seconds into the where it is written into the video.

#476 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

3.4 miles from Left Bank to TCU

#477 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

The planned "high-rise" is on land zoned for up to 24 stories. The site is north of Dakota Street, which is the northernmost boundary for 10-story height restrictions in Left Bank.

When looking at the skyline from the Amon Carter museum, it should be to the left of the Bass towers.

-Dylan

#478 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:19 PM

The planned "high-rise" is on land zoned for up to 24 stories. The site is north of Dakota Street, which is the northernmost boundary for 10-story height restrictions in Left Bank.

When looking at the skyline from the Amon Carter museum, it should be to the left of the Bass towers.

the land is for sale nothing is planned there.

#479 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

Lots of dirt flying an heavy equipment on site on wastern side of Harold Street and I believe south of Dakota.... the sign read Oden Hughes Construction.

Anyone have any details?

#480 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

Either the apartments or hotel.  Plans for apartments are posted on page 8, post # 365

#481 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

I also noticed that Snooze and Full Psycle were on the list for new tenants at Left Bank.

I ate at the Snooze in the LoDo area of Denver a couple of weeks ago. It was good but kinda standard and a bit on the pricier side for what it is

#482 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

Either the apartments or hotel.  Plans for apartments are posted on page 8, post # 365

Looks like it is the Phase 3 multi family that they had talked about from post #365

#483 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

Definitely is. Their expected groundbreaking was 12/17 so right on schedule.

#484 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Tower crane is up at the Endeavour site.

#485 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

I saw it this morning on our bike ride.

#486 BlueMound

BlueMound

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:06 PM

What the Snooze in Addison looks like.
Guessing that the Left Bank one will look similiar.
https://dallas.eater...-opening-photos

#487 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

I am under the assumption that they are going in on the strip portion along 7th... That would he awesome to have that across the street from Trinity Park.

#488 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

I find it really interesting how the dedicated retail space along W7th has only 1 tenant while the mixed use spaces under the apartments are almost full.

#489 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Could it be that driving almost up to the door and walking a minimal distance is so ingrained in the public that no one wants to force their patrons to walk around the building? 

#490 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:44 AM

Could it be that driving almost up to the door and walking a minimal distance is so ingrained in the public that no one wants to force their patrons to walk around the building? 

At present I think there is more curbside parking along West 7th than there is along Crockett.

I'm thinking the high volume of automotive traffic & noise along with the un-pedestrian nature of most of the West 7th frontage may be a bigger "issue." Hopefully this issue will be addressed by the supposedly upcoming traffic calming measures.

#491 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:48 AM

The traffic issue along W. 7th could be a factor.  However, the sidewalks are nice and don't mind walking down the street.  The last couple of times I was in the area, I walked on both sides of the street from the 7th Street Bridge all the way to Montgomery Plaza.

#492 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:39 PM

Seems that Endeavour left Bank has a new name, Trintiy Left Bank. GFF have some more info+renderings.

Trinity at Left Bank is a 5 story, multi-family residential project on 4.18 acres in the Left Bank mixed use village, off West 7th Street and adjacent to the bank of the Trinity River. The project contains 337 residential units and more than 13,375 SF of amenities including a club room with a golf simulator, business center, two-story fitness center, generous three-sided courtyard, 1/4-acre dog park, and a roof-top pool. Residents have a direct connection to the Trinity Trails and the river, via both the open courtyard and distinct two-story ‘townhouse’ type units. A 5th floor Sky Lounge and shaded roof terrace adjoin the pool to offer unobstructed views of downtown Fort Worth and the river. The project utilizes a clean ‘industrial’ language of smooth faced brick and dark framed windows as a nod to the industrial history of the site.

Looks like looking NE from Harrold 

YPX1GBg.jpg

Amenity deck

lMIs40c.jpg

My guess is this is the view from the levee side. Pretty unique to see the direct access to the trails, not something we've seen with many (any?) residential developments. 

ulfFu0fg.jpg

photo by me of current construction status

DjToOXfVAAAQ8My.jpg

#493 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:08 AM

Seems that Endeavour left Bank has a new name, Trintiy Left Bank. GFF have some more info+renderings.

Trinity at Left Bank is a 5 story, multi-family residential project on 4.18 acres in the Left Bank mixed use village, off West 7th Street and adjacent to the bank of the Trinity River. The project contains 337 residential units and more than 13,375 SF of amenities including a club room with a golf simulator, business center, two-story fitness center, generous three-sided courtyard, 1/4-acre dog park, and a roof-top pool. Residents have a direct connection to the Trinity Trails and the river, via both the open courtyard and distinct two-story ‘townhouse’ type units. A 5th floor Sky Lounge and shaded roof terrace adjoin the pool to offer unobstructed views of downtown Fort Worth and the river. The project utilizes a clean ‘industrial’ language of smooth faced brick and dark framed windows as a nod to the industrial history of the site.

Looks like looking NE from Harrold 

YPX1GBg.jpg

Amenity deck

lMIs40c.jpg

My guess is this is the view from the levee side. Pretty unique to see the direct access to the trails, not something we've seen with many (any?) residential developments. 

ulfFu0fg.jpg

photo by me of current construction status

DjToOXfVAAAQ8My.jpg

For better or worse, I'm gonna guess this aesthetic will be heavily represented in the eventual Panther Island area as well once it begins to really develop out.

#494 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:39 AM

I just drove by and noticed that Snooze is going in where the Eastern-most building is next to TD Ameritrade. I’m not a big fan of this location. Why they chose this location is a mystery. That location of Left Bank seems isolated from the rest. They would have been better off going in next to Hopdoddy and have seating outside across from Trinity Park. IMHO

#495 M2guy

M2guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

I just drove by and noticed that Snooze is going in where the Eastern-most building is next to TD Ameritrade. Im not a big fan of this location. Why they chose this location is a mystery. That location of Left Bank seems isolated from the rest. They would have been better off going in next to Hopdoddy and have seating outside across from Trinity Park. IMHO

Completely agree

#496 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:10 PM

I think their decision to

1) face the back end of Tom Thumb toward 7th and

2) put the big surface parking lot in the middle of the project

effectively kill the pedestrian environment potential that the retail part of Left Bank had.  Somehow those two moves make you feel as though you're not really supposed to be walking from east to west or west to east. 

I think if the City hadn't forced them to put windows and doors on 7th Street, the Left Bank developer would have blank walls facing 7th Street on all those other retail buildings. 

Overall, the project brings good residential density, should have a good connection to the trail, and completes the north side of 7th to the river BUT the design is definitely lacking. 

#497 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

Urbndwlr, I agree with you 100%!

#498 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:47 AM

Snooze opens October 24: https://www.star-tel...e218972430.html

#499 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:28 PM

MiDiCi is closing

http://www.fwtx.com/...staurant-closes

#500 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:10 PM

I'm good with Pie Five in that area.

Seems like certain pizza spots just don't work around West 7th. 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cultural District, West 7th, Mixed-Use, Retail, Hotel, New Construction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users