renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

T&P Warehouse... you're next! [ Westchester Tower Implosion]

I really disagree.

While T&P Warehouse is currently under the ownership of a absentee landlord, the building is a historical piece of the City and plays an important part in the life of Downtown.  The City will out last the shameful actions of the current owners and will step up at the appropriate time to preserve the building's importance to the Lancaster Corridor. 

What the City must do in the interim is to force the owners to maintain the integrity of the building!

Just this week at SXSW, technology companies are touting Fort Worth as becoming a unique and favorable center for information storage.  I hope and believe that the T&P Warehouse can someday takes its place as a climate controlled storage site for current and future data storage companies, both large, small and startups.

Until then, the City should be patient yet firm in its dealings with the current ownership; and "Do not throw the baby out with the bath water".

(moved to this thread)

#352 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Historical preservation, zoning and growth issues, Serious but not professional photographer, been in construction and design since late 70's

Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

I watched the Historic Commission meeting on T&P.

A lot of work was done to bring up to code, Water removed, the faux windows, environmental abatement in the interior. A lot more needs to be done, however. They claim to have spent $1 million in past year.

The windows were not approved by the Historic Commission and aren't code compliant...

No timeframe for a full restoration schedule was given, despite being asked. A 5 year time frame was thrown out a few times. Evidently the thing has no funding. The owner wants to go back to the city for incentives in the future. Sounds like it will be mothballed for a while more.

I would call huge BS on the money they say they have spent this year unless they did a ton of abatement this year which I don't think they have. Pump the basement and hook the pumps back up, 10k, the plastic mock windows, 1300 windows @ 250 ea 325k and i Don't think they have done ALL of them. 

#353 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

I would call huge BS on the money they say they have spent this year unless they did a ton of abatement this year which I don't think they have. Pump the basement and hook the pumps back up, 10k, the plastic mock windows, 1300 windows @ 250 ea 325k and i Don't think they have done ALL of them. 

The owner of the T&P Warehouse stretching reality/the truth?

nZVYmcd.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Downtown, Historic Buildings, Lancaster Corridor, Historic Preservation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users