#251 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (UncaMikey @ Apr 5 2009, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw the article, and had heard about the possibility of a hotel on the site of the "Fried Hicken" store.

I hope this leads to some retail in the area. And they'll have to get a traffic light at Pecan and Belknap and Weatherford! Cars come zooming over the bridge into downtown, I am surprised there's not more accidents.

I am curious to see how they manage traffic/directions to the new hotel, since it's not a clear path from Belknap/Weatherford.

They're tearing up the site right now. I wonder if it's the hotel. (If this has been posted on an appropriate thread, I'm sorry, I couldn't find it. blush.gif )

#252 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:05 AM

I believe it is for the hotel. That's some red dirt they're using.

--

Kara B.

#253 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

I should add, looks like there's a newer masterplan for Trinity Bluff:

--

Kara B.

#254 BobZupcic

BobZupcic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

That does look amazing. Glad to see they put some condos back by the hotel.

This "update" is dated June 08 though and those were different times for sure...

#255 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (BobZupcic @ Oct 29 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That does look amazing. Glad to see they put some condos back by the hotel.

This "update" is dated June 08 though and those were different times for sure...

I have no doubt that Struhs will follow through on the whole thing, it's just a matter of time. He strikes me as somebody who's capable of riding out the storms for a while.

--

Kara B.

#256 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

Pic one. (of mine)

www.fortworthview.com

#257 redhead

redhead

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

The plan does not include the condos behind the hotel now...

#258 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

I like the floor plans, very well thought out.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#259 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

Progress pic on this Uptown Hotel. (not the real name)

www.fortworthview.com

#260 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

In a neighborhood meeting this past Thursday, Tom Struhs said the extended stay hotel/motel was to be a Marriot brand and has been downscaled from a 12 story building to a four story because of the economy. It was also announced by a Burlington-Santa Fe rep that Peach street would be closed where the existing Santa Fe line is and an underground pedestrian walkway constructed to allow access to the remainder of Peach and Charles E. Nash Elementary on Samuels Avenue. Access east of the railroad tracks from Samuels will also be improved with the widening of the underpasess at Gounah and at Cold Springs road. Changes to the Trinity Uptown-Samuels Avenue development continue but at a slower pace than in the past. The fact that anything is being constructed at this time is a good sign and points to an eventual recovery for construction along Samuels.

#261 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

What a great cemetery, Pioneer's Rest.

Walked over there on Sunday. All locked up? On a sunny Sunday afternoon? Oh well. I am sure it is for a reason. Too many bad people doing bad things if I had to guess. Don't blame them for locking up.

Really a beautiful place. Just amazing. I am going to figure out when I can get in and go back. I took a few pics with my 70 - 200.

This is my "Poor me, I can't get in" picture.

General Tarrant's grave.

www.fortworthview.com

#262 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

I just noticed the master plan map posted by FortWorthology back in October, must have missed it the first time around. The placement of parking garages abutting the railroad tracks is a great idea. I see many new residential developments, mostly single family, where the residential lots back right up to the tracks, and I think this is nuts! Not only will the noise instantly devalue the houses built right there and the subdivision they are part of, but the danger associated with railroad tracks doesn't belong next to housing where children will most likely live. I am of course not advocating moving the tracks, but I am saying that if the developers won't build responsibly then it is the duty of the city to set limits on what sort of development is allowed adjacent to the tracks. In a denser urban area such as Trinity Bluffs is growing up to be, wide areas of buffer is often not practical or even desirable, so placing the parking structures as noise and visual buffers makes sense to me. The other thing I saw on the map was a plan to build residential and parking on the same block as the cemetery, with no drive separating the two. IMO this is not so good an idea. The cemetery is historic, is beautiful, and would actually make a nice centerpiece for the growing high-density community surrounding it. The land where the apartments are platted would be better suited for parkland adjoining the cemetery, maybe a playground, some benches, etc. Monee9696 notes that vandalism may still be a problem in the area, perhaps surrounding the open area with lighted streets would help that. Certainly curbs all the way around would help to better define the public/dedicated (historic, sacred, etc) space and separate it from residential and commercial use, while at the same time integrating it into the landscape. I haven't driven down Samuels lately, so don't know if the work has already started, but if not, perhaps it is not too late for the city to swap some tax foreclosed land in the area with the developer for that land by the cemetery.

#263 Keller Pirate

Keller Pirate

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:07 PM

I have been by the cemetery many times and it has never been open. There is a sign out front with the hours it is supposed to be open, but it never is. I think last time I drove by there was a plastic bag over the sign.

That said, about a year ago, I noticed the gate wasn't chained up too tight and not seeing any no trespassing signs, I sucked in my stomach and squeezed through the gap and into the cemetery. I walked around reading the historical markers and headstones for close to an hour. I left the same way I got in and have not regretted it. I can understand wanting to prevent vandalism but it is a shame there aren't some hours that the cemetery could be open. There are a lot of founders, movers and shakers from the old days in there.

#264 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Keller Pirate @ Dec 23 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been by the cemetery many times and it has never been open. There is a sign out front with the hours it is supposed to be open, but it never is. I think last time I drove by there was a plastic bag over the sign.

That said, about a year ago, I noticed the gate wasn't chained up too tight and not seeing any no trespassing signs, I sucked in my stomach and squeezed through the gap and into the cemetery. I walked around reading the historical markers and headstones for close to an hour. I left the same way I got in and have not regretted it. I can understand wanting to prevent vandalism but it is a shame there aren't some hours that the cemetery could be open. There are a lot of founders, movers and shakers from the old days in there.

Pioneers Rest used to be open during weekdays when a caretaker was present to keep an eye on the place. There have been repeated acts of vandalism over the years with headstones being toppled over and broken in some cases. Evidence of this vandalism can still be seen in broken markers, patched together with mortar. A few years ago I was told the caretaker was gone (someone told me he had been fired) so now the cemetery is regularly closed. It is opened up by the cemetery association for special occasions and by special appointment although I do not have a contact number for the association. The Tarrant County Historical Commission would have that info. (and possibly Historic Fort Worth as well) Pioneers Rest is one of Fort Worth's most under-recognized and under-utilized historic sites. Fort Worth founder Major Ripley Arnold and his two children (who died in 1850) are buried there as well as General Edward Tarrant, the county's namesake. The other notables buried there are a who's who of early Fort Worth movers and shakers. Many were Civil War veterans. Walking the cemetery brings Fort Worth history to light at every turn. One marker makes note of the victim buried there as stemming from an Indian attack. Maybe now that new development is surrounding the area, better care and attention will be given for Pioneers Rest. This important piece of Fort Worth history and the memories of those buried there certainly deserve better.

#265 biggerfortworth

biggerfortworth

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:26 AM

I just hope this project gets at least one highrise building, to make it feel more like uptown. I work on camp bowie and this is turning out to look like my work location. ''Not to be negative'' Im just not a big fan of fort worth's selfimposed hight restrictions shakehead.gif

#266 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

Height will come when it is needed. Good urbanism and placemaking are far more important than height.

--

Kara B.

#267 kwebster

kwebster

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:33 AM

What's with the hotel in uptown? It doesn't blend in at all...

#268 tjh1

tjh1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Fort Worthology @ May 24 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Height will come when it is needed. Good urbanism and placemaking are far more important than height.

I agree. I'd much rather Fort Worth focus on density (Washington DC) than on skyscrapers surrounded by pockets of surface parking (Houston, Dallas, and many other cities).

#269 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (tjh1 @ May 24 2010, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Fort Worthology @ May 24 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I'd much rather Fort Worth focus on density (Washington DC) than on skyscrapers surrounded by pockets of surface parking (Houston, Dallas, and many other cities).

I too think this Marriot brand hotel is not a very good fit esthetically with it's surroundings but I have to say as well that it still looks better than shown in the initial artist's renderings. Looks like construction is almost completed at this point and the Hotel is probably the last project we will see built on Samuels Avenue for some time. I'd like to see full occupancy of all the new condo units and apartments that have been built before construction for anything new appears. As for the north end of Samuels, maybe the recession-driven slow down will give some breathing room for a few years to sort out what it's future is going to be. I also hope some F.W. Forumer or one of their brave colleagues will step in to save the 1885 Getzendanner House (long message thread about it under Historic Preservation) before the absentee owner (soon) demolishes it.

#270 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:37 AM

I hope they dont touch the north end of Rock Island :(
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#271 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

I hope they dont touch the north end of Rock Island :(

Why...Have you heard of any new development plans? I know Tom Struhs owns some land in the 700, 800, Blocks of Samuels as well as some land down on Poindexter near Traders Oak Park. But outside of a Senior Village that was planned in the 700 block of Samuels (which was denied a zoning change by the zoning commission this past Spring-so its current status is unknown) I haven't heard of any new planned development along Samuels. If anything new gets built it will likely be apartments as the rental market is "hot" right now...but again, I've not heard of any new plans lately.

#272 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

Because The neighborhood is beautiful as is. Some of the houses can go but why not just put new houses there? Why does it have to be apartments? It depresses me when I go visit my cousins
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#273 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

I do not know if there is a better thread for this, is this the right thread for the development currently going on here?

It's looking great, loads of resi filling in the area.

9609593917_789c2b34d2_b.jpg
20130827_162158 by Micro55, on Flickr

#274 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

New development is fine, maybe even coveted in the faded urban area now rebranded as "Trinity Bluffs". But the emerging character of the redevelopment is troublesome. While the Villa Deleon condo tower remains a touch of luxury in this setting, otherwise, the area is becoming Apartmentville. Maybe it would be ok if the couple of blocks now covered on both sides with apartment unit cubes were the full extent of it but its seems a travesty of the beautiful river bluff views to make Trinity Bluffs, running from Belknap to Traders Oak Park, (1600 or so block of Samuels) into an emerging  "canyon" of apartment unit bocks towering on both sides from one end to the other. Some architecturally significant single family or duplex/quadraplexes (perhaps inspired by the nearby Hillside development to help break up the apartment block monotony) would be a step in the right direction. In October, a new 230 plus apartment unit complex by Carleton Properties is supposed to break ground due north of the existing apartments. ("Lincoln Park") This newest apartment complex will feature an 11 story tower embedded in the sides of bluff above the river. (standing as tall as Villa Deleon at street level)

Saving the historic and traditional neighborhood north of Pioneers Rest Cemetery is a separate argument, but this whole Trinity Bluffs redevelopment could be a welcome and beautiful addition to the Fort Worth skyline with better planning and more project diversity. Where is the promised retail to serve all of these new residents? In earlier discussions between developers and residents mixed use residential-retail development was supposed to be part of the grand redevelopment  plan-whatever happened to that? No new restaurants/cafes, grocery outlets, unique small boutiques, or service businesses to cater to the rapidly growing neighborhood have appeared. A worst case future scenario would be just a big glob of apartment buildings devoid of other amenities which make urban living attractive. This picturesque downtown area is too near our City's dense business core to be condemned to bland mediocrity. Having a park is a nice addition to any pocket neighborhood but Trinity Bluffs has TWO parks: Ripley Arnold and Traders Oak. Horse drawn carriages ply Samuels Avenue from the Stockyards to downtown (Sundance Square) and back; joggers/walkers make use of the sidewalks and the relatively flat terrain; bicyclists like the steep rise/decline of Samuels Avenue on the north end which leads to established city bicycle trails going towards the Stockyards where Samuels Avenue turns into Decatur Avenue. Trinity Bluffs should be a flagship downtown Fort Worth development instead of a bland, architecturally mediocre apartment concentration built for profit and expediency. Because my spouse and I have been grateful residents of Fort Worth's oldest neighborhood for almost two and a half decades it saddens us to witness what should be a precious jewel in downtown Fort Worth's development becoming a cheap Rhinestone of costume jewelry. (hint: those horse drawn carriages plying Samuels Avenue in the evenings probably don't bring their riders through the neighborhood to appreciate the new apartment buildings)

#275 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

... In October, a new 230 plus apartment unit complex by Carleton Properties is supposed to break ground due north of the existing apartments. ("Lincoln Park") This newest apartment complex will feature an 11 story tower embedded in the sides of bluff above the river. (standing as tall as Villa Deleon at street level)

http://media.star-te...ar7f.St.58.jpeg

#276 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Does anyone know if there will be some mixed use along Samuels in the future? Is it zoned for that?

#277 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Looks like the basis for a true traffic nightmare in that area, especially since Samuels was narrowed and the elementary school only has the street to load students onto cars and buses. There needs to be some sort of alternative access onto I-35 to the east and onto Cat Island Uptown to the west. 

#278 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

Looks like the basis for a true traffic nightmare in that area, especially since Samuels was narrowed and the elementary school only has the street to load students onto cars and buses. There needs to be some sort of alternative access onto I-35 to the east and onto Cat Island Uptown to the west. 

... when you put it that way... yeah, this is a HORRIBLE idea. And just imagine if the streetcar went through. 

Unless, they were thinking of  making another road on the edge of the river.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#279 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

If they'd build some retail spaces into some of this new development, and try to lease it to stuff the neighborhood could actually use - a cafe, a market, a cleaners, etc. etc. - people could actually walk to stuff in a reasonable and pleasant fashion.

But then, that wouldn't sit well with Sundance...

(I have no proof of that, but a long time ago I heard something about that being the reason there is zero retail space in the Trinity Bluff developments, which I feel will be one of the biggest mistakes in the redevelopment of the area when all is said and done.)

--

Kara B.

#280 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

... when you put it that way... yeah, this is a HORRIBLE idea. And just imagine if the streetcar went through. 

Unless, they were thinking of  making another road on the edge of the river.

I have seen plans and discussion about a waterfront road but not sure where that stands at this point. The great recession changed a lot of Struh's plans.

As a resident, I am really concerned about the diminishing access to the neighborhood. We are losing Peach and Gounah to the Tower 55 improvements. The increased density and the traffic generated by the school are gonna make it hard to get through at certain times of the day.

Personally, I'd like to see a bridge maybe connect Greer to NE 6th Street. I think some of the TRV mockups showed a connection like that north of Greer.

I would probably be a bigger fan of the narrow part of Samuels if it had meant larger sidewalks, curb separated bike lines or more landscaping, but seems like the developers ate the space to add more square footage to the apartments/condos. I fear the area is going to be a vast, aging apartment wasteland in 20 years, so I need to make sure to sell out in 10.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#281 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

The way I think it may turn out 20 to 30 years from now, is that the Trinity Bluffs residential neighborhood is going to be dwarfed and overwhelmed by the grandiose urban village of Trinity Uptown, with its envisioned "50,000 homes and three million square feet of commercial space" (quote from the Trinity Uptown Plan on the TRV website) just west of that area.  If all that comes to fruition, the Carleton Residential Properties tenants won't have far to walk for retail services.  And Sundance will get over it.

#282 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

It will only be meaningful if the neighborhoods and streets are designed to make the walk pleasant and enticing.  http://www.originalg...alk-appeal.html

--

Kara B.

#283 JKC

JKC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

The way I think it may turn out 20 to 30 years from now, is that the Trinity Bluffs residential neighborhood is going to be dwarfed and overwhelmed by the grandiose urban village of Trinity Uptown, with its envisioned "50,000 homes and three million square feet of commercial space" (quote from the Trinity Uptown Plan on the TRV website) just west of that area.  If all that comes to fruition, the Carleton Residential Properties tenants won't have far to walk for retail services.  And Sundance will get over it.

There must be neighborhood retail to make a neighborhood.  There are no such concerns.

#284 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

The TRV plans definitely do show a bridge, perhaps as an extension of Pavillion street.

#285 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

... In October, a new 230 plus apartment unit complex by Carleton Properties is supposed to break ground due north of the existing apartments. ("Lincoln Park") This newest apartment complex will feature an 11 story tower embedded in the sides of bluff above the river. (standing as tall as Villa Deleon at street level)

http://media.star-te...ar7f.St.58.jpeg

Just curious, has anyone heard if this project is still on-target for an October ground breaking? (as originally announced) I had not heard anything about the permitting or zoning process since this was posted back in August. Usually, this near to start up you start seeing survey stakes or demolition/site clearing in preparation for initial construction activity but nothing is visible so far. I'm wondering if some delay has been encountered or maybe some issues with zoning or permitting? While Tom Struhs was active in the neighborhood plans were announced to build a four story senior center on the large lot at 761 Samuels (next to the Garvey House) but the Zoning Commission twice denied the request and the project was eventually cancelled. There's still a for lease sign on the lot. I'm wondering if Carleton Properties has encountered similar issues?

#286 BedfordLawyer

BedfordLawyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

The reason why they are shoving apartments into that area instead of houses is that the city needs more people to live in walking/biking distance of sundance and the proposed uptown to justify further investment in that uptown area. It's not a question of aesthetics as much as it is functionality. Houses just wouldn't bring enough people.

The Kielich Law Firm

2205 Martin Dr #200

Bedford, TX 76021

#287 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Why not shove apartment into Sundance then? Price?

#288 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

The reason why they are shoving apartments into that area instead of houses is that the city needs more people to live in walking/biking distance of sundance and the proposed uptown to justify further investment in that uptown area. It's not a question of aesthetics as much as it is functionality. Houses just wouldn't bring enough people.

I don't think anyone was talking about houses. We expect higher density development. What we are interested in is the mix of rent versus own (ie: condos) and some retail/commercial development to make it a fully functioning neighborhood. Ultimately, the developers are going to build the product that makes the most economic sense.

#289 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Why not shove apartment into Sundance then? Price?

Ya think?  :rolleyes:

My blog: Doohickie

#290 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Sundance *does* have plans for more residential, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were rental as the Sanger Lofts and Sundance West are.

--

Kara B.

#291 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Sundance *does* have plans for more residential, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were rental as the Sanger Lofts and Sundance West are.

Is it gonna be east of the Horton Tower like originally planed? 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#292 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Haven't heard anything on the Carlton Properties project in many years, but there is a 274 unit building called "Rocklyn Apartments" listed on DFWI's website now - http://www.dfwi.org/...klyn-apartments

#293 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

Sounds like the Rocklyn project could start fall or winter. BGO Architects are involved. 

#294 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

Haven't heard anything on the Carlton Properties project in many years, but there is a 274 unit building called "Rocklyn Apartments" listed on DFWI's website now - http://www.dfwi.org/...klyn-apartments

That address can't be correct as 761 Samuels is shown as part of the Garvey House apartments project by Embrey Development. The lot, although large for Samuels, is inadequate for 274 units unless it goes vertical for 10 stories or so. Carleton Properties (maybe the same as "Carlton"?) announced in Oct. 2013 an apartment project for the 500-600 blocks of Samuels (opposite Pioneers Rest cemetery) then apparently they cancelled it last year. It could be they are going to make another try for that site. I'm always surprised to learn there are so many announced projects that do not come to fruition. The aforementioned Garvey House Apartments project by Embrey is moving forward albeit with glacial slowness. I don't expect to see any construction activity before late summer or later. I expect therefore it may be this time next year or later before leasing units begins. I hope "Rocklyn" does come to fruition as the long vacant lots opposite the cemetery present a look of neglect after being fenced around for years.

#295 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

You are right John. I'm almost certain "The Rocklyn" is at 633 Samuels.

#296 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

The neighborhood center at 715 Samuels and the two homes South of it are next on the chopping block. They are making way for The Rockyln project discussed above. 

#297 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

The Rocklyn project has mobilized. The project office is set up across the street on the corner of Gounah and Samuels and a large excavator is sitting on the subject tract. The homes have begun the demolition process.

#298 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Newer Rocklyn rendering

rocklyn-render-5-2018-600x400.png

#299 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:33 PM

Not bad, although it’s kinda basic. Suits the area well I guess

#300 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

Newer Rocklyn rendering

rocklyn-render-5-2018-600x400.png

meh.