• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

As a big fan of Wills' music, I know he & his wife Betty moved to Fort Worth sometime in the early 60s, and lived here until his passing in 1975. Naturally I'm dying of curiosity as to where they lived here in Cowtown. (I know he spent the last 18 months or so of his life in Kent Nursing Center at 900 Leuda - I believe it is now DFW Nursing Center). Anyone know? Would love to drive past the home where he & the Texas Playboys had their last jam session!

#2 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

I think I found the address but not sure if it is a violation of Fortwortharchitecture.com's rules to post it here. Is Betty still alive? I will cross reference the current ownership records to see who has the house now but I would probably defer to JT Roberts' judgement as whether to post the address.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#3 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

I would suggest that you use the PM service so that the address will not be posted publicly.

#4 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

His widow Betty has since passed (1993), but I'm not sure about other family members. I know they had several children who reside in the general DFW area. I am not going to go knocking on anyone's door or taking pictures or anything like that; I don't want to violate anyone's privacy.  I was just curious! 

I apologize if this was a forum violation.

#5 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

No, it wasn't a violation, since no address was publicly disclosed. 

#6 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

The information that I pm'd  to PM is all a matter of public record. You just have to know which public records to look in. The house does not appear to still be in Wills family ownership and has been sold to different parties over the years. Interestingly, Wills and his wife appear to have owned 3 lots in different parts of the same subdivision at that time. Their stay there was brief, less than 18 months.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#7 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:04 PM

Thanks so much, AndyN!

I know they resided in Fort Worth until his death in 1975, followed by hers in 1993. I know that in early December 1973 there was a jam session with the Texas Playboys at Bob's house in Fort Worth the night before some recordings in Dallas (his last recording session). But I suppose it is very possible the house was a rental and not under their name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users