• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (sonny 2 @ Sep 20 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Owen @ Sep 16 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ramjet @ Dec 7 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to Monnig Middle School and was the counselor's assistant for one trimester (remember those, along with "new math"). Once for fun, we looked in the archives for the report card and class schedule of a prominent alum named "John Deutchendorf" a.k.a. John Denver. By the way, he made some good grades in his days as a Monnig Mustang....

During my student days at Arlington Heights HS, John Deutchendorf was there. He also hang out with my church youth group, and came to several of the Sunday night parties we had at my mouse (the members would take turns hosting). He was shy and undistinguished, but Mom remembered him from the yearbooks after he changed his name and became famous.

Charlie Applewhite, who had a couple of hits in the '50's lived in Fort Worth. He and Pat Boon each had a Saturday dance party (similar to American Bandstand), but I don't know if Pat Boon actually lived here. If I remember correctly, Roy Orbison was on with PB at least once, maybe more.

Oooops, I meant PAT BOONE

#52 buffalo71

buffalo71

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:51 AM

How about Gary Morris, Richland Hills? He won Billboards New Male Artist of the Year 1982; ACM Single of the Year 1984 for "Wind Beneath My Wings". He produced twelve albums that generated sixteen Top 10 singles and five No. 1 hits, including "Baby Bye Bye," "100% Chance Of Rain," and "Leave Me Lonely." Acted on The Colbys, Designing Women, Mike Hammer and was the first American to play Jean Valjean in Les Miserables," on Broadway.

#53 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Prairie Pup @ Aug 8 2006, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (seurto @ Aug 8 2006, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I don't remember all their names, there is Bloodrock from the '70s; all from FW. Lee Pickens was one of the band, and a Rutledge I think. They toured a lot with Grand Funk (for anyone too young to remember all of that). Saw them 2 or 3 times at the Convention Center.

Bloodrock was probably the second most high-profile, probably most talented, rock band ever from Fort Worth. Lee Pickens was original guitar, Jim Rutledge vocals, the other band mates were Ed Grundy-bass/vocals, Stevie Hill-Keyboards/vocals, Nick Taylor-singer/guitarist, and Rick Cobb-Drums. Nitzinger wrote a lot of their songs, Terry Knight, producer for Frand Funk produced them as well, and Southwest-High's own Hamm Brothers were part of the band in later years. Steve Taylor sat in on a reunion concert in 2005 at the Ridglea. I remember in the early 1970's I wanted to go hang out in Trinity Park on Sundays but the folks were on to it and the bike tires were always flat and no pump in sight.

RUMOR says there may be a new studio album...

I thought (Still do) that Bloodrock was one of the best rock bands of the 70s. From anywhere.
I just gave away about 200 albums, rather than sell them for 40 bucks at a record store. I just kept one. Yep. Bloodrock 2. I saw Bloodrock at the Dallas Convention Center in early 1971.

I really don't listen to old music any more as I like the new music better. (Edge all the way) 102.1, but I still love Bloodrock. And I did not even know they were local until a Star Telegram article 6 years ago or so. One of the band members was selling Fords in Burleson. I wanted to get his autograph on my lone album.

As I ramble, I do have two 8 tracks. "Best of the Beatles". Both autographed by Ringo Star from when I took him on a tour of my Aircraft Carrier on July 4, 1976. I got 4 autographs from him. He was drinking booze from his Marilyn Monroe jacket. I should have stopped him. Was getting nervous.
www.fortworthview.com

#54 Bradleto

Bradleto

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

A couple more I thought of:

Darrow Hooper, 1952 Olympic Silver medalist in the shot put (behind the legendary Parry O'Brien). Hooper went to Northside HS and later, Texas A&M.

Van Williams, a TCU Alumnus who I suppose was best known for his role as the Green Hornet on TV but other roles too. Van is the son of Blackie Williams who'd be known to TCU historians.

Did anyone list Oliver Miller from Southwest HS? He had a pretty good career the the NBA. And, Southwest had a baseball catcher who went directly into professional baseball with Toronto as I recall... his name escapes me as I type.

More later if the memory cells recharge...

Brad

#55 The Haltom City Kid

The Haltom City Kid

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:History, Music, Cooking, Politics

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

Roger Miller was born in 1936 in Ft Worth and his brother in law Sheb Wooley moved to Ft Worth in 1946 to begin his career as a Country & Western Musician.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however, billions of electrons were temporarily disturbed.

#56 Bradleto

Bradleto

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

Spanky McFarland
Kate Capshaw
Jody Lawrence

Kate showed 1953 as her birthdate... I wonder if she was here through high school, if so, which one.

Brad

#57 BillyG

BillyG

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:56 PM

Joy Garrett who went to Carter-Riverside She was a Miss Fort Worth and went on to be on Days of Our Lives and several sitcoms. She passed away in 1993. I go by her childhood home all the time.

Alas she is on Wiki but she deserves to be remembered here anyway.

CODE

#58 txrdside

txrdside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Photography for around 46 years. Love to travel Route 66.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

American Grafitti Star Candy Clark, a 1965 graduate from Trimble Tech High School. She lived on Lubbock St.
"The best investment in life is memories"
www.tchj.com

#59 Giraffe

Giraffe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

When I was a kid, my mother told me that Betty Buckley had once lived on Wrigley Way, IIRC. At the time, though, I had no idea who Betty Buckley was and that information meant nothing to me. Can anyone confirm or refute this? If she had lived on that street, I bicycled past her house several hundred times during elementary school.

#60 texanbob2you

texanbob2you

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:08 AM

Hi,
I was actually born at 2222 Jacksboro Hwy in 1961, at the small house next to the main big house, my mum & dad remember the couple who owned the big white house, known for its gambling & woman of the night!
Well thats my bit of information, if anywone is intrested, they can contact me at, texanbob2you@yahoo.com
Hope to here frome someone soon, Take care ya- all!
Bob Atkinson. smilewink.gif

QUOTE (Prairie Pup @ Aug 4 2006, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://en.wikipedia....:Fort_Worthians

This is a list of famous people with some significant attachment to Fort Worth, some were born here, like Fess Parker, and moved away, others were born elsewhere but were raised here, like Willie Nelson. Jody Dean, who was a pretty good friend of my sister back in Middle School at McLean, made the list.

Who else can you think of should be included?

I didn't see Charles Tandy. Nor John Nitzinger. Only one of the Bass Brothers in included. Davey O'Brien isn't at all.

Who would you add to the list?

And of course you can! Wikipedia actively solicits input from regular people.

Have fun!

#61 texanbob2you

texanbob2you

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:10 AM

Hi,
I was actually born at 2222 Jacksboro Hwy in 1961, at the small house next to the main big house, my mum & dad remember the couple who owned the big white house, known for its gambling & woman of the night!
Well thats my bit of information, if anywone is intrested, they can contact me at, texanbob2you@yahoo.com
Hope to here frome someone soon, Take care ya- all!
Bob Atkinson. smilewink.gif

QUOTE (Prairie Pup @ Aug 4 2006, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://en.wikipedia....:Fort_Worthians

This is a list of famous people with some significant attachment to Fort Worth, some were born here, like Fess Parker, and moved away, others were born elsewhere but were raised here, like Willie Nelson. Jody Dean, who was a pretty good friend of my sister back in Middle School at McLean, made the list.

Who else can you think of should be included?

I didn't see Charles Tandy. Nor John Nitzinger. Only one of the Bass Brothers in included. Davey O'Brien isn't at all.

Who would you add to the list?

And of course you can! Wikipedia actively solicits input from regular people.

Have fun!

#62 txrdside

txrdside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Photography for around 46 years. Love to travel Route 66.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:47 AM

Ray Sharpe, A graduate of I.M. Terrell of Fort Worth where his senior class voted him "Most Talented"
They were right. His first big hit was "Linda Lou"
"The best investment in life is memories"
www.tchj.com

#63 Molly

Molly

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (The Haltom City Kid @ Oct 1 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roger Miller was born in 1936 in Ft Worth and his brother in law Sheb Wooley moved to Ft Worth in 1946 to begin his career as a Country & Western Musician.

Also Roy Orbison lived in Fort Worth and went to Denver Elementary School on the North Side. I asked Roy about his Texas connections backstage at Billy Bob's Texas one time in the 80s for an interview, and he was upset that people never mentioned his Fort Worth connection. He said those years in the 2nd and 3rd grades were some of his favorite years growing up.

#64 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:03 AM

Hey ALL. Thank you guys for your supportive and inspiring emails and mssgs. I was not able to log on away from the desktop, but it is good to be back in COWTOWN. UPDATE: Work got slow so things are lookin to get back to normal over there.

I was reading up on a random YAHOO page about a celeb bio, a hottie if you will. The latest dynamite celeb, GOSSIP GIRL'S LEIGHTON MEESTER wub.gif , apparently has some solid FW roots. Mom and/or Dad had a drug dealing conviction back in the day (80's) and Momma was preggers, then had Leighton delivered at the Fed Pen on our southside of town.

Cool, I guess she has mad street cred too.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#65 stgo2019

stgo2019

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

Brandon and Fletcher Lea of the band Flickerstick, winners of the VH1 show "Bands on the Run".

Also Wadih El-Hage.... One of the planners of the first World Trade Center attacks and 1998 US Embassy bombings, was also a secretary for UBL. Lived in Arlington and worked at a tire shop on East Lancaster.

#66 stgo2019

stgo2019

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

Oh, and George Kelly Barnes aka "Machine Gun Kelly" lived with his mother in the 900 block of East Mulkey St.
Rumor has it that she bought him his first machine gun.

#67 Ghost Writer in Disguise

Ghost Writer in Disguise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (stgo2019 @ Nov 17 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and George Kelly Barnes aka "Machine Gun Kelly" lived with his mother in the 900 block of East Mulkey St.

It was his mother-in-law's house. His wife bought the gun at the Wolf & Klar pawn shop. It was on display for many years at the Fort Worth Police academy.

#68 stgo2019

stgo2019

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for clarifying the details.

Also, Stedman Graham was a Fort Worth Police Officer for a short time. I'm not exactly sure how long but he is in one of the academy graduation photos at the academy.

#69 BillyG

BillyG

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

The Band "Forever The Sickest Kids" is out of Dallas but the Drummer, Kent Garrison's Mom went to Carter-Riverside and Kent grew up in Keller. They are getting pretty popular and have been on Conan O'Brien. http://foreverthesic...ds.com/home.asp
Maybe that Fort Worth celebrity thing is a stretch but I'll shout it from the roof top if good things come out of Fort Worth.. as I'm sure many of you understand.

Another Band to watch is "The Boyd Brothers" Their mother also went to Carter-Riverside and is a former Miss Dallas. I think they are going to do well in the future. They have a family band but the boys are going out on their own now. They sound great. http://www.boydfamil...d.com/index.php

#70 Recyclican

Recyclican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Urban Planning, Conservation, Sustainability, Transit-oriented-Development, Historic Preservation.<br /><br />Hiking, camping, reading, BBQing, photography, traveling

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:45 PM

If we're mentioning bands from Fort Worth, I thought we should include actors too. Windell Middlebrooks (recently made famous with his 1-second Miller Highlife ads that aired during the Super Bowl). He graduated from Trimble Tech.

Miller ads

Bud Kennedy column on him

IMDB.com profile

#71 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Recyclican @ Feb 12 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we're mentioning bands from Fort Worth...

Hometown boy-done-good (and Paschal Panther) T-Bone Burnet was rockin' out at the Grammys Sunday. Would like to see him work on a compilation album of local North Texas blues guitarists...

#72 BillyG

BillyG

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

If we're mentioning bands from Fort Worth, I thought we should include actors too. Windell Middlebrooks (recently made famous with his 1-second Miller Highlife ads that aired during the Super Bowl). He graduated from Trimble Tech.

Miller ads

IMDB.com profile

From what I understand, Wendell went to Carter-Riverside for a bit or at least Riverside Middle as did Gospel artist Kirk Franklin. I went to Carter with several Middlebrooks. He's gotta be kin to them.

#73 austlar

austlar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Ghost Writer in Disguise @ Nov 17 2008, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (stgo2019 @ Nov 17 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was his mother-in-law's house. His wife bought the gun at the Wolf & Klar pawn shop. It was on display for many years at the Fort Worth Police academy.

That means that my relatives (Wolks, Klars, etc.) sold Machine Gun Kelly his first machine gun. Wow! What a distinction. I had never heard about that.

#74 EwingFTW

EwingFTW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Giraffe @ Oct 16 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was a kid, my mother told me that Betty Buckley had once lived on Wrigley Way, IIRC. At the time, though, I had no idea who Betty Buckley was and that information meant nothing to me. Can anyone confirm or refute this? If she had lived on that street, I bicycled past her house several hundred times during elementary school.

I just talked to Betty's mother and they never lived on Wrigley Way. They did live on Phoenix next door to me and then Ernest Buckley built their new house on Santa Fe Trail. All in the Western Hills Addition of Fort Worth.

Betty Buckley was born in Big Spring, Texas

#75 Mark S

Mark S

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Web Development, Linux, History, Antiques

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

When I was a kid growing up in Wedgwood I used to carpool to Bruce Shulkey Elementary with Anne Kerry (now Anne Kerry Ford), who went on to a career in theater and movies. She was in the Dudley Moore film Lovesick (1983) but I'm not sure about other screen appearances she had. I believe most of her success has been on Broadway. Her family moved when, I'm guessing, we were around 10 years old. I knew her when!

#76 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (cjyoung @ Dec 7 2007, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about rappers Twisted Black and Six-Two? cool.gif

Yes. to bad Black ended his career so young...
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#77 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (FortWorthLowrider @ Aug 6 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (austlar @ Dec 7 2007, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liz Smith, the NY columnist, went to Paschal. Ginger Rogers spent part of her childhood in FW in the teens or twenties.

Who is the "Black" you refer to, and how does he relate to Liz Smith or Ginger Rogers? I might have missed something here.

#78 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Prairie Pup @ Aug 6 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FortWorthLowrider @ Aug 6 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who is the "Black" you refer to, and how does he relate to Liz Smith or Ginger Rogers? I might have missed something here.

Im sorry I quoted the wrong person. Let me correct that real quick.
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#79 Owen

Owen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, astronomy, cats, classical music, football, Fort Worth, linguistics, religion, Tolkien

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

The folliwing caught my eye, from http://webplaylist.o.../playlist.cgi#6

Dateline: Harrison, New York. A pioneer in the field of classical music recording, Wilma Cozart Fine, who created hundreds of orchestral albums and set the standard for classical music records for decades, has died at her home at age 82. Ms. Fine led Mercury Records’ classical music arm in the 1950s and early ’60, and produced the label’s “Living Presence” series that ultimately grew to a catalog of more than 400 recordings, including performances by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, which was the first ensemble she recruited to Mercury in 1951; the Detroit Symphony; conductors Antal Dorati and John Barbirolli; pianists Sviatoslav Richter, Byron Janis and Gina Bachauer; and cellist Mstislav Rostropovich. Ms. Fine supervised nearly all of Mercury’s classical recording sessions, as well as marketing and quality control. Ms. Fine was born Wilma Cozart in Mississippi but raised in Fort Worth, Texas. At Mercury she worked with the Mercury recording engineer Robert Fine, whom she married in 1957, well into their professional collaboration. After graduating from North Texas State College she went to work as secretary to the Dallas Symphony’s conductor, Antal Dorati, and she followed him to his new conducting position in Minneapolis. Ms. Fine did not adapt well to the cold winters there and moved to New York where she was hired by Mercury to start its new classical division. Her first record was with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra led by Rafael Kubelik of Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition. After a New York Times critic wrote that “one feels one is listening to the living presence” of the orchestra, Ms. Fine adopted the phrase and thereafter Mercury records became known as “Living Presence” recordings. Ms. Fine left Mercury in 1964, having become a vice-president of the company, to raise her four sons. She returned in 1989 to oversee the project of remastering the “Living Presence” LPs to CD. In an interview in 1997, Wilma Cozart Fine said, “We always tried to make our recordings as close to the composer’s intentions as we could.”

#80 Funkdoobiest

Funkdoobiest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:22 AM

Don't forget actress and wife of Steven Spielberg, Kate Capshaw. Her parents still live in town.

Also Bob Schieffer from CBS News who went to North Side High School. http://en.wikipedia....i/Bob_Schieffer

And don't forget BJ Thomas.

I was in the elevator with Johnny Rutherford at Harris Hospital back in Sept '99 when my daughter was born. He was across the hall from us, I guess he just had a grandchild. I immediately recognized him, although I thought he was a car dealer cause he used to come out in some car dealer commercials years back. It wasn't until later I remembered his name and who he was!!! I believe he lives in River Oaks now.

Also an old-coworker of mine lived in Spanky McFarland's old house right off of Davis and North Tarrant, behind the bank that is now there. Also down the street from the famed Green Valley Raceway which is also gone. He sold it for a good sum and they bulldozed it and built some houses there. He told me that BJ Thomas used to live next door too.

#81 Giraffe

Giraffe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Funkdoobiest @ Jan 4 2010, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the elevator with Johnny Rutherford at Harris Hospital back in Sept '99 when my daughter was born. He was across the hall from us, I guess he just had a grandchild. I immediately recognized him, although I thought he was a car dealer cause he used to come out in some car dealer commercials years back. It wasn't until later I remembered his name and who he was!!! I believe he lives in River Oaks now.

Although I've never met Johnny Rutherford, I remember watching him win the Indy 500 on TV some years ago. I enjoyed reading his auto-biography, _Lone Star J.R._ He talks about going to North Side High School and his adventures driving in some of the race tracks around the Metroplex in his youth. Pretty entertaining!

#82 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Mike_Judge
I have another. Not really Fort Worth but Tarrant County. Mike Judge from Justin Texas. Im sure he spend alot of time in Fort Worth

ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#83 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Golf, cooking, most other sports, friends, family, history, most outside activities, reading - experiencing new things.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

LPGA star Angela Stanford. She actually grew up in Saginaw, but did attend TCU.

#84 stgo2019

stgo2019

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:28 PM

Patrick Cranshaw aka. Joseph "Blue" Palasky in Old School lived in Fort Worth until his death in December 2005.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0186498/

#85 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (stgo2019 @ Feb 20 2010, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Patrick Cranshaw aka. Joseph "Blue" Palasky in Old School lived in Fort Worth until his death in December 2005.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0186498/

Yes sir. He actually came into the 7th street cafe when I worked there. Signed a menu too. biggrin.gif
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#86 Funkdoobiest

Funkdoobiest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

I recall Martina Navratilova living here at one time, I don't know if she still does. They had an autographed picture up many years ago at the River Oaks Steakhouse too.

#87 Owen

Owen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, astronomy, cats, classical music, football, Fort Worth, linguistics, religion, Tolkien

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

Now that you mention Navratilova, so did Billie Jean King

#88 Bradleto

Bradleto

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

I guess this might fall into the "infamous" category, but Mark David Chapman is listed as having been born in Fort Worth.

In some places, it refers to "outside" of Fort Worth, but I couldn't find specifics. He later moved on so he didn't attend high school here, but in Georgia.

He killed John Lennon.

Brad

#89 Herb Jones

Herb Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired...After losing my wife I'm trying to find my life again

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

Gene Snow..National drag racing champion for many years ...60's 70's 80's..Life long Ft Worth native.
Ellis Burks..Major League Baseball..Red Sox..Indians...etc...Ft Worth and Everman

Herb Jones

#90 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

http://en.wikipedia..../Thomas_Herrion
http://en.wikipedia....arrent_Williams
RIP
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#91 unknowntbone

unknowntbone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

Has anyone mentioned Paschal grad Mort Meyerson?

#92 Funkdoobiest

Funkdoobiest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:16 AM

Did anybody mention Roy Orbison living here as a kid?

#93 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

Fess Parker who played Daniel Boone and Davey Crockett was born in Fort Worth in 1924. He died today at his CA. home at 85

#94 unknowntbone

unknowntbone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

A couple of babes--Gayle Hunnicutt was born and raised here.
Julie Newmar--Catwoman--lived here for a while as an adult.

#95 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (unknowntbone @ Mar 22 2010, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of babes--Gayle Hunnicutt was born and raised here.
Julie Newmar--Catwoman--lived here for a while as an adult.

you wanna go that route.
Adrennalyn... look her up.

has a tattoo shop in North Side Diamond Hill. lives here
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#96 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#97 Funkdoobiest

Funkdoobiest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

I got my tongue pierced at Psycho Clown back in '98. Took a couple GFs there too to get theirs.

#98 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

Ouch! Only intentional body alteration involving a cut or hole was briefly considering a circumcision after several zipper related incidences involving improper check list order while completing a number one. After considering the pain and visual procedure that would be involved, I decided to just learn to make sure all the merchandise was in the garage before locking the door. rolleyes.gif

#99 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Chevrolet Impalas Schwinns

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (BillyG @ Feb 13 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Miller ads

IMDB.com profile

From what I understand, Wendell went to Carter-Riverside for a bit or at least Riverside Middle as did Gospel artist Kirk Franklin. I went to Carter with several Middlebrooks. He's gotta be kin to them.

Wendell never went to Carter! When we left Riveerside Middle to go to high school he went off to Trimble Tech!!
Born and Raised in Ft. Worth Texas.

Best believe I aint going no where!!

#100 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (FortWorthLowrider @ Mar 23 2010, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic