• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 eshigginbotham

eshigginbotham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:20 PM

I've never been in Fort Worth over the summer so I've never experience July 4, here. Actually the only other place I've experienced one outside of Palestine was on a mission trip in North Carolina. We went to the colonial village of Edenton which has a fun festival and amazing fire works show over Edenton Bay on Abermarle Sound. What are the festivities that Fort Worth has to do?
GO FROGS!!!

#2 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:23 AM

Fireworks? Professional pyrotechnics are usually (often?) offered at the end of a Ranger's Game in Arlington, and also in the near Northside, best seats traditionally on the Bluff, especially Bicentennial Park. I would not be surprised if this is done in conjunction with a Cats game at LaGrave Field. This year Haltom City, Richland Hills, and Bedford are going to combine explosive forces and put on a show near where Belknap (TX183) crosses Big Fossil Creek, just downhill from the original Birdville site (Shannon Center, old Birdville School/Haltom High School) by Birdville Stadium. Best seats are likely to be in the parking lot sloping down from Thomas Collisium. I think Arlington still has a parade, not sure about other area towns and cities.

Pup

#3 courtnie

courtnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:History, Historic Preservation, Art, Antiques

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

I think its cool to drive out a bit north on 35 and when you are driving back towards fort worth on the 4th you can see alot of the cities firing off fireworks..its like watching a massive show all over the place.....thought it was pretty cool

#4 edperc

edperc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:classical music, art, philosophy, eastern religion, biking, raquetball, gardening.

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

One of the biggest July 4th events in FW is at the FW Symphony Orchestra's Concerts in the Garden series at the Botanic Gardens. The event has become so big that the concerts and fireworks are presented 3 nights in a row now, the 2nd thru the 4th, to approximately 16,000 people. Lots of fun!

#5 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:28 PM

One of the biggest July 4th events in FW is at the FW Symphony Orchestra's Concerts in the Garden series at the Botanic Gardens.  The event has become so big that the concerts and fireworks are presented 3 nights in a row now, the 2nd thru the 4th, to approximately 16,000 people.  Lots of fun!

View Post

1812 Overture (Tchaikovsky) played alongside the BIG BOOMING Fireworks. 20+ minutes of pyromania (not Def Leppard's version)! THE best way to take in the 4th, IMHO. Then there is WILLIE'S Thing over at the Stockyard's. No more Luckenbach these days. Bob Dylan, Los Lonely Boys, RW Hubbard, and Django Walker Band are by his side for this one. Major lineup here.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#6 courtnie

courtnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:25 PM

Well Ill be out of town the 4th..going to Port Aranasas... :roflol:

That will be FUN!!!!

#7 FWMike

FWMike

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, painting, antiques, gardening...

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:58 AM

Well Ill be out of town the 4th..going to Port Aranasas... :o

That will be FUN!!!!

View Post

So leaving the Fort for the Port huh? That will be nice. Fireworks over water are so great.

#8 courtnie

courtnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:13 AM

Yeah I spent the last 4th in town watching the fireworks by the trinity river..was nice except there were LOTS of Mosquitos...at least we had gallons of off to keep them at bay.... :o

#9 ghughes

ghughes
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:38 PM

Just back from the first Concert in the Gardens 4th of July concerts.

Fireworks, outstanding and musical performance quality, quite good. Musical selection, however, was terrible. Especially pre-intermission. Some regular attendees left partway through, with comments.

So go for the fireworks, and I'm not knocking the performers, but go with someone you'd like to talk to and have some good conversation. That's what I observed most people doing.

#10 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:10 PM

That sounds about right for this event. Most attendees for the 4th of July weekend "Extravaganza" go there for the f-works, and are really not the savvy classical music supporters. But maybe the "regular" attendees are not into it anymore. ;) I don't know of what else they would expect. They could have also been too close to the stage, which would limit their view of the f-works.

Maybe they can play that "stars at night so big and bright" tune next time around. Or intro pieces from the show Dallas. 1812 Overture is best suitable for the 4thOJ occassion. What selection did they play pre-intermission?

I just hope it was not some C or S. American contemporary piece that the Maestro is known to shuffle in with the talented orchestras works. :devil: Bore me.

How big was the crowd pre-intermission? Was it worth goin?

I stepped out onto the golf course green and took in about 3 f-work shows. Was a nice night for them.
www.iheartfw.com

#11 jenidallas

jenidallas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:A FW native who is happy to be back home finally!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:09 AM

There have been fireworks at LaGrave Field the past two nights - and they will have them again tonight/tomorrow post-game.

Ironically, we always went up to the near northside to watch the fireworks when I was a kid - near the old Tandy park/ride lot or on the river banks. To me, this is one of the prettiest vantage points for viewing downtown.

#12 courtnie

courtnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:43 AM

I couldnt find any info are they still shooting fworks off tonight down town like they always do??

#13 Bruno A.

Bruno A.

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

Good 4th of July !

#14 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:12 PM

Good 4th of July !

View Post

Vive Gen. Lafayette! :D

Franco-American Hero !

Another LINK that would make for an interesting movie. Hmmm. :angry:

Which I believe is why we have a Lafayette town in every state. So I've heard from an old college professor. :swg:

Have a Happy 4th Fort Worth.
www.iheartfw.com

#15 courtnie

courtnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:50 PM

Just wondering WHY Ft. Worth fails to plaster it everwhere the time and date of the fireworks...One always assumes it will be on the night of Independance day??? We ended up watching the botanical gardens fireworks show and then going home...maybe im just out of it..but I think they should post it everywhere so parents can take their kids to enjoy the fireworks.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users