• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 beverlyb

beverlyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

The Brass Tap will be opening at the end of March. 8th and Houston offering 60 taps and 250 different bottled and canned beers.

#102 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

The Brass Tap will be opening at the end of March. 8th and Houston offering 60 taps and 250 different bottled and canned beers.

Looks like it might be a nice place.

I've wondered what the trick is to keep beer from going stale or skanky, with 60 taps that's a LOT of beer sitting in lines and stagnating in kegs for those of a more eclectic taste. Even keeping a keg at 33 degrees or so, still results in a pretty short shelf life. How do you move enough beer to keep 60 taps fresh?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#103 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

I've always wondered that. I would assume they have a lot of spoilage without losing all that much money. Kegs are cheap and it doesn't take a whole lot of sales to cover the cost.

#104 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Forum meet-up when the Brass Tap opens? Sounds like a good excuse to get together while supporting a local business by keeping some of their brew from spoiling in the lines.

#105 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me.  However, we have at least one other meeting before then. 

#106 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Chevrolet Impalas Schwinns

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Glad to see this topic still active. :swg:  I have ventured out to a number of new places (well new to me anyways) Reservoir off W7 as well as Lucky Strike. I really dig what they have done on that side of town!! I especially like the BoomerJacks off of Western Center and I35W!! The patio is welcoming and the video poker is awesome!!

Born and Raised in Ft. Worth Texas.

Best believe I aint going no where!!

#107 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Born and Raised in Fort Worth and barely went to my first bar in the stock yards last month. Stock Yard Saloon. Good spot.

ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#108 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

Looks like the Berry Street scene is in full swing with the first week of school at TCU. Live music lives at The Aardvark and The Cellar:

http://www.star-tele...le32618514.html

#109 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

Rumor is Ojos is on it's last weekend.

As in "Near Soutside"?  Or far south?  (I know, you don't have that information.)  I could see them moving to South Main Village (lots of stuff going in there), I could also see them moving further south, to Cityview area perhaps.

Unless we're talking about a site somewhere along Hemphill Street, I believe that there will be some neighborhood reaction to OL; and I don't mean positive.

Who would like Ojos Locos around or near their school or church?

#110 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

That's why I suggested Cityview area in another thread. Near Twin Peaks, Wild Pitch, etc. The only residents there are apartment dwellers who aren't as invested in the area.

Closer to my area, I think it could slip in at McCart & Altamesa or thereabouts.

My blog: Doohickie

#111 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:35 PM

As in "Near Soutside"?  Or far south?  (I know, you don't have that information.)  I could see them moving to South Main Village (lots of stuff going in there), I could also see them moving further south, to Cityview area perhaps.

From a post I noticed on facebook, Ojos stated 'will be relocating near South.' I would think NEar SouthSide but, who knows.

living far south, it would be a fresh change of pace to have one open near me.

Define "far south". 
Like what area or major intersection...

Berry & Hemphill?

No way.   Travis Avenue Baptist; end of discussion.

La Gran Plaza could work nicely.

#112 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

From a post I noticed on facebook, Ojos stated 'will be relocating near South.' I would think NEar SouthSide but, who knows.

living far south, it would be a fresh change of pace to have one open near me.

Define "far south". 
Like what area or major intersection...

Berry & Hemphill?

No way.   Travis Avenue Baptist; end of discussion.

La Gran Plaza could work nicely.

I was not trying to say put Ojos Locos at Berry and Hemphill... Jeriat asked to define "far south" and I jokingly said that intersection was far south

#113 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:54 AM

The "sides" of Fort Worth are in the eye of the beholder. You can go due south from Hemphill and Berry for nine miles and still be within Fort Worth city limits. Some people consider far south FW to be in the vicinity of Hemphill and 1187.

In the same way, some people consider far north FW to be anything north of the Stockyards, while others think that label only refers to the parts of the city north of 35 and 170.

#114 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

True.  That's why I like actual neighborhood names, like Ryan Place, South Hemphill Heights, South Hills, Wedgwood, or where I live.... The Slums of North Crowley.  :D

#115 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

True.  That's why I like actual neighborhood names, like Ryan Place, South Hemphill Heights, South Hills, Wedgwood, or where I live.... The Slums of North Crowley.  :D

I like using neighborhood names as well, but I think those area are usually only designated to areas that are more affluent. What I mean by designated is when the street signs have the neighborhood name attached to them.

I find it interesting that several areas on the Northside are not given that designation, but those who grew up or live in the area know of different neighborhoods. I grew up in Belmont Terrace, which is south of North Point which is next to Rosen Heights. If I tell people that they have no idea where they are. You also have areas like Terrace Place, Marine Park and Washington Heights however if you go to those areas which is over a large swath they all have Northside as their designation. So most people call everything north of downtown either the Northside or the Stockyards.

I call everything North of I-20 and east of 35 the Southside.... south of 20 is South FW to me

#116 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

Sounds logical.

(And for the record, the area I referred to earlier as The Slums of North Crowley is actually known as Meadowcreek.)

#117 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:02 AM

Ojos Locos is the second bar along Houston St. to close in the past few months. Rick O'Sheas recently closed, too.

It's unfortunate CVS couldn't move into the XTO garage instead.

-Dylan

#118 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:26 AM

While Ojos was never the type of place I would have gone, I did appreciate the activity it brought, especially with those windows which would open and allow people on the sidewalk to lean against the half wall and watch TV or whatever. It was always rowdy and alive during big soccer matches.

#119 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

It was always rowdy and alive during big soccer matches.

To be honest I think that's why it is no longer there. It almost always had a decent sized crowd, but in my opinion the clientele plus the "type" of bar it was did not suit a location in a newly remodeled building so close to Sundance Square.

#120 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

IMO, the location is appropriate for a restaurant / bar. This is Houston Street, after all.

-Dylan

#121 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

The Aardvark on Berry St is closing, FW Weekly reports. https://www.fwweekly...ark-is-closing/

#122 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:35 PM

I really enjoy the magnolia area. The chat room is a great place to check out,

Ive also wandered around the stock yards a little more and the basement is a great place.

Hard to get into W7th on a weekend but during the week it is pretty nice. Enjoyed a Rodeo Goat burger the a while back.

ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#123 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

Chat Room and The Basement Bar.... so you're saying you like dive bars?

You might check out the People's Republic.  It's on McCart between Seminary and where McCart curves into West Cleburne Road.  A nice little neighborhood dive bar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users