• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

2016 Presidential Ballot - Sample.  Early voting starts tomorrow 24 Oct 2016.

Its a 3 pager and can be found here and PDF printed:

http://www.tarrantco...-Tar_Letter.pdf

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

Each person's actual ballot should only be 2 pages since there are 24 races that will come off of each one.

#3 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:38 AM

If you live in Tarrant County you can check your voter registration and get a pdf copy of your precinct ballot at this link.  The link also shows early and Election Day voting locations.

My blog: Doohickie

#4 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

Someone needs to correct the date in the post title. It's Oct, not Nov that it starts.

#5 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

It's been corrected.

#6 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:11 AM

An editorial comment about this year's ballot...Aside from the presidential race, the Tarrant County ballot is ho-hum.  Texas Supreme Court justice races, Kay Granger's congressional seat, the sheriff's race, tax assessor-collector's race, and a few unopposed candidates.  No U.S. Senate races (or did I miss one?).  No proposed constitutional amendments or local municipal referendums (except the proposed new Arlington baseball stadium).

#7 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

A portion of Tarrant County is voting on liquor sales, but it's on a precinct-by-precinct basis.

#8 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:29 AM

An editorial comment about this year's ballot...Aside from the presidential race, the Tarrant County ballot is ho-hum.  

Since so many fought for me to have the right to vote, I am happy and excited to exercise that right in every election.

• JBB likes this

#9 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

An editorial comment about this year's ballot...Aside from the presidential race, the Tarrant County ballot is ho-hum.  

Since so many fought for me to have the right to vote, I am happy and excited to exercise that right in every election.

Don't misunderstand, I'm all for the right to vote.  But I've seen more interesting ballots in past elections.

#10 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:53 PM

Don't misunderstand, I'm all for the right to vote.  But I've seen more interesting ballots in past elections.

I can't agree with your assessment. Never has so much been at stake in a national election than the one that we are currently in.

#11 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

I can't agree with your assessment. Never has so much been at stake in a national election than the one that we are currently in.

Meh. They say that every four years.

#12 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:29 AM

I was referring to the other races and the absence of constitutional questions or local referendums on the ballot, at least the one I cast in Fort Worth.  Yes, I agree that this national election is vital to the future of our country.

I voted the first day of early voting.  At least where I was--the Tarrant County Plaza building--voting was brisk.  Wonder if it will be a record turnout here and in Texas?

I like the voting machines in Tarrant County.  They are easy to use and minimize errors.

#13 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:33 AM

Early voting records have been falling all across the state:

http://www.texasmont...gone-texas-far/

#14 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

I wonder how much of that has to do with enthusiasm for the vote versus wariness about possible hassles at the polls on Election Day?

#15 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

.... I like the voting machines in Tarrant County.  They are using easy to use and minimize errors.

Interesting fact about Tarrant County.

Among the major counties of Texas, Tarrant County has become the "bell weather" county of how Texas at large will vote.

Your Tarrant County vote is pivotal.

#16 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

.... I like the voting machines in Tarrant County.  They are using easy to use and minimize errors.

Interesting fact about Tarrant County.

Among the major counties of Texas, Tarrant County has become the "bell weather" county of how Texas at large will vote.

Your Tarrant County vote is pivotal.

Interesting fact.  Source?

#17 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

Interesting fact about Tarrant County.....Among the major counties of Texas, Tarrant County has become the "bell weather" county of how Texas at large will vote.....Your Tarrant County vote is pivotal.

Interesting fact.  Source?

The final results of the most recent presidential election show that Tarrant County was a microcosm of Texas at large - the percentage breakdown in Tarrant County for the President and the Challenger was dead-on with the statewide percentage.

When Tarrant County goes "blue" then Texas will go "blue" also.  You just have to follow Tarrant County to project whether Clinton or Trump will win the state.

2012 Presidential Results: Percentages by Texas Counties:

https://en.wikipedia..._in_Texas,_2012

#18 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

This time around, I don't believe it is hyperbole.

"[George] Washington was sixty-four years old when he decided to end his political life........peaceful transfer of power may well have been his greatest achievement. And we see it repeated every four years when we elect, then inaugurate, a new president.

As former President and newly private citizen -

On Inauguration Day, March 4, 1797, Washington, Adams, and Jefferson entered Congress Hall in Philadelphia – then the nation’s capital. There, John Adams took the oath of office as the new president of the United States. Afterward, as they got ready to leave, Adams stepped aside at the door to allow Washington to go through first. But Washington was well aware of the historic significance of the moment. He stopped and asked Adams to leave first. After all, he said, Adams was now president of the United States, and Washington was now just a private citizen. Adams led, followed by Jefferson, and Washington went last.

This was the first time in human political history that power was transferred between two common citizens without the death or violent overthrow of the person losing power. The Constitution had passed its first crucial test primarily because of George Washington’s commitment to it into the spirit of the American Revolution". --- Tim George, Off The Grid News

#19 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:33 PM

The Clear Fork Bicycle Club had a Roll Out the Vote ride this morning.  We rode to the Southwest Subcourthouse and registered our votes.

14900584_1348370918506531_59459437214420

14876527_1101277046587851_24871910208118

Then we had breakfast at Rise and Shine on Altamesa

14601078_10209436558103318_8329216362816

#20 Not Sure

Not Sure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:08 PM

I'm thankful for early voting; without it I would likely miss out on the opportunity to vote at all.

#21 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:34 AM

One of the major candidates for President is urging the voters to request a ballot to recast their vote.  This is the epitome of Voter Fraud.  Why, then, can all voters just vote more than once?

This is not only absurd, but felonious.

Anyone who could believe in such a scheme should question their sanity and should face the criminal prosecution.

#22 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:08 AM

Changing your mind on an early vote is legal and possible in states that track ballots to voters. In Texas, the actual ballot is completely anonymous and would be impossible to discard an early ballot (and therefore you can't change you mind before the end of the election). The Texas process is discussed in the video I linked to in the Vote Harvesting post.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#23 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:02 AM

Changing your mind on an early vote is legal and possible in states that track ballots to voters....

Frankly, tracking ballots, instead of simply counting them, is a recipe for chaos.  It also appears to give voters in those states an unfair, uneven voting right v.s. the all other voters in states that do not offer this option when it comes to having the ability to change your vote.

I would assume that the fundamental principle " one man; one vote" is what should always be the goal of an election.

#24 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

Here's an article on that subject I downloaded from the ABCnews website:

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=43243947

#25 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

The Clear Fork Bicycle Club had a Roll Out the Vote ride this morning.  We rode to the Southwest Subcourthouse and registered our votes.

14900584_1348370918506531_59459437214420

14876527_1101277046587851_24871910208118

Then we had breakfast at Rise and Shine on Altamesa

14601078_10209436558103318_8329216362816

After looking up the urban dictionary meaning of "meh"; and given that the photos are of you and your cyclists club proudly registering that you voted, why the mixed messaging?

#26 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:00 PM

Maybe it's just voter fatigue/letdown, now that I've cast my ballot.  I think it's important to vote.  I also think that we've been going through the same hyperbole every four years. 

#27 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:16 AM

Maybe it's just voter fatigue/letdown, now that I've cast my ballot.  I think it's important to vote.  I also think that we've been going through the same hyperbole every four years. 

I agree it's important to vote.  Incidentally, your bicycle club looks formidable. I bet you guys do a lot of "on your left" shouting along the way.

#28 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

I agree it's important to vote.  Incidentally, your bicycle club looks formidable. I bet you guys do a lot of "on your left" shouting along the way.

More like, "Good morning!"

#29 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:06 AM

If you have not yet voted >>>>>  GO VOTE NOW <<<<<<

nuf said.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#30 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

9:00 PM local time - World markets plummeting - just another  run of the mill election, right? :eek:

#31 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:57 AM

9:00 PM local time - World markets plummeting - just another  run of the mill election, right? :eek:

The markets will get over it.  I'm not sure the country will.

#32 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

Yes, the markets did rebound. I believe that it is only temporary.   The current outlook for next four years is as unknown as ever imaginable beginning January 2017; especially because of Caligula, the Manchurian President, chaos and uncertainty will become the norm.

#33 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:30 PM

Unfortunately, Richland Hills rejected transit and Arlington supported a wasteful ballpark.

There's one local proposition result I'm happy about, though: voters in a chunk of northeastern Tarrant County suburbs voted to allow liquor sales.

-Dylan

#34 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:50 AM

Yes, the markets did rebound. I believe that it is only temporary.   The current outlook for next four years is as unknown as ever imaginable beginning January 2017; especially because of Caligula, the Manchurian President, chaos and uncertainty will become the norm.

More like Nero, I think.  My knowledge of ancient history is that Caligula was an idiot but extremely violent; Nero an idiot but relatively harmless except when allowing the burning of Rome.

...I was in favor of the ball park proposition in Arlington because I thought if it was rejected, the Rangers would move to Dallas (subject was the basis of conjecture in a thread elsewhere).   Of course, being a Fort Worth resident I will not suffer any tax consequences.

#35 Not Sure

Not Sure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:30 AM

Unfortunately, Richland Hills rejected transit and Arlington supported a wasteful ballpark.

There's one local proposition result I'm happy about, though: voters in a chunk of northeastern Tarrant County suburbs voted to allow liquor sales.

That will allow us to cope with the other election results.

#36 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

I thought the same for the several states that passed recreational marijuana!  :laugh:

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#37 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:26 PM

Trump said this today: 12/11/16 -

http://www.politico....riefings-232479

#38 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

A Fort Worth company is producing several events for tomorrow's inauguration, including the swearing in ceremony:

http://www.star-tele...e127468834.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users