• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

NIMBYites usually protest proposed commercial and/or multi-family residential projects.  Folks in the Randol Mill Road area want to keep the countryside and still live in urban Fort Worth.  They don't want a single-family residential development.  I think it's a little late to be harboring such a rural agrarian sentiment. 

The FWBP article below is about the City Council's consideration of a proposed rezoning in this area.  My take on this is that the local resident who prefers "horses to people," as quoted in the article, within Fort Worth city limits should consider buying grazing land in a rural part of Texas.  

http://www.fortworth...24431fba49.html

#2 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

I've always wondered why that area wasn't developed.

#3 bclaridge

bclaridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:44 AM

In terms of housing developments, the area is in the Trinity floodplain.  Plus with regards to families wanting to move into that area, the FWISD schools in east Fort Worth aren't the best.

That said, River Trails is also close to the floodplain (but just outside the flood risk zone), though they get HEBISD schools.

Sydney B. Claridge

Proud Horned Frog (TCU Class of 2017) and lifelong Fort Worth resident with a hobby interest in urban planning and design.

Please consider following my Instagram page!  I take a lot of pictures of scenery and urban environments, in addition to my interests in fashion.

#4 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

In terms of housing developments, the area is in the Trinity floodplain.  Plus with regards to families wanting to move into that area, the FWISD schools in east Fort Worth aren't the best.

That said, River Trails is also close to the floodplain (but just outside the flood risk zone), though they get HEBISD schools.

Yes, and there are already some really nice houses around that area now. Doesn't Barry Corbin live around there?

As far as schools, what we found out with Keller and Northwest schools that serve north Fort Worth was that the education was not necessarily better than FWISD.

The perception is that it's better, but we saw the same issues (many times worse) - drugs, gangs, lazy and/or incompetent teachers and administrators, silly policies like allowing kids to make up ALL WORK at the end of each six weeks, etc.

A lot of the kids that live in that part of Fort Worth go to Lamar HS and it's feeder schools in Arlington ISD.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eastside

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users