Read more: http://www.star-tele...adlines-default

#2 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

Like the representative from the Northside Historical association, (who was factually incorrect in calling the Northside Fort Worth's "oldest" neighborhood; both Samuels Avenue and the now largely vanished Quality Hill neighborhoods are arguably quite older) I'm skeptical of the plans for this area. A lot of taxpayer funded investment has gone into the North Main-Stockyards corridor but the residential areas to the west, with the possible exception of Grand Avenue, have largely been ignored. To take the 20 square miles encompassed by Loop 820, I-35, and Jacksboro Hwy. on the west is simply too large of a geographical area to lump everything together and call it the "Northside". Rosen Heights and Azle Avenue are distinctively separate from the Stockyards and the type and quality of housing along Grand Avenue is distinctively different from the low to moderate income housing due west of the Stockyards. Better to concentrate planning along a much smaller area rather than apply a "one shoe fits all" approach. It remains to be seen what the "Town Lake" portion of North Main will look like in the future-Bing Thom's architectural vision is now badly dated and open for revision. How this future "upscale" part will fit in and interact with the lower income areas to the northwest is anyone's guess. I seriously doubt gentrification on a mass scale will ever occur in the largely Hispanic residential areas west of the Stockyards-but I suppose someday it could. I've seen drastic changes over the past two decades in my own Samuels Avenue neighborhood which is now more closely linked to downtown and the Central Business District.

Edited by John T Roberts, 25 October 2010 - 08:39 PM.
Edited to Delete Text from Article

#3 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Councilman Espinosa has great plans for economic development of the Meacham Airport environs, as told in this Fort Worth Business Press article by Graham.

http://fwbusinesspre...t-proposed.aspx

#4 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:09 PM

Councilman Espinosa has great plans for economic development of the Meacham Airport environs, as told in this Fort Worth Business Press article by Graham.

http://fwbusinesspre...t-proposed.aspx

I know this happened last year, but, maybe we can get our own metro or INT'L airport once again... (i.e., Love Field, Houston's Hobby...)

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#5 BedfordLawyer

BedfordLawyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

With the growth of Alliance I would be surprised if there is open airspace for planes to take off and land, especially with the short flights from alliance to DFW and Love Field American Airlines uses from their hangar at Alliance.

The Kielich Law Firm

2205 Martin Dr #200

Bedford, TX 76021

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users