895 replies to this topic

#51 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

Meeting later this week with somebody from the city's Planning department to discuss the Near Southside bike parking plan drawn up by Fort Worth South, a local bike shop, and myself - hope to have good news to report at some point.

--

Kara B.

#52 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

Fort Worth South has gotten LED lights installed in all the trees on Magnolia from 8th Avenue to just past Hemphill (I believe it's 130+ trees total). Tonight, they were turned on at last. Almost all are working - there's a few gaps here and there, but on the whole, it's a beautiful sight. Really happy we go this all going!

--

Kara B.

#53 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

Just curious, could LED-lit trees replace traditional pole-mounted streetlights? I suppose I need to get down to Magnolia and see how this looks in person. Thanks for the photos.

#54 Owen

Owen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, astronomy, cats, classical music, football, Fort Worth, linguistics, religion, Tolkien

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

I doubt it; there would still be the issue of light pollution, which I am strongly in favor of reducing as much as possible.

#55 tjh1

tjh1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:53 PM

http://www.pegasusne...das-fort-worth/

Freda’s now open in Fort Worth in former Gallery Art Cafe space
by Josie Singleton of Eat This Fort Worth

FORT WORTH — If you haven’t noticed yet, Freda’s, a new eatery has taken over the space formerly occupied by The Gallery Art Cafe in the Near Southside. Freda’s opened about seven weeks ago and serves breakfast, lunch, and coffeehouse offerings. They’ve gotten a slight makeover with warm yellow and red tones and cozy antiques scattered about. This looks like the perfect place for a casual lunch. After the lunch crowd fades, it’s a pretty quiet place to set up your laptop and get some work done over their free wi-fi. Freda’s has kept up the gallery wall and many of the art pieces displayed are also for sale.

Yesterday I made a quick stop there for some coffee and cake. My vanilla latte and chocolate cake were both excellent. The chocolate cake was moist and flavorful without being too heavy. Pastries are not made on site, but I’m told the owner has a bakery on the east side of town and brings them in fresh every morning. The lunch menu sounds delicious with specials such as stuffed bell peppers and tomato basil soup and hope to stop by again soon to check it out. Anyone else been to Freda’s? What did you think?

#56 tjh1

tjh1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

THR adds rehabilitation hospital in medical district
BY ELIZABETH BASSETT
May 03, 2010

Texas Health Resources broke ground on a 50-bed acute rehabilitation hospital in the medical district, adding more space for patients recovering from major illnesses, traumas or surgeries and freeing up space in Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth for its specialty services.

The new facility won’t be far from the existing hospital, just south of Downtown, and Texas Health formed a partnership with Nashville-based Centerre Healthcare Corp. to develop the plan. Once built, Centerre will manage and operate the rehab hospital, which will be staffed by 150 to 170 employees and has the potential to add another 10 beds in the future in the nearly 59,000-square-foot space. The ground-breaking ceremony was held April 20.

Read the entire story: http://www.fwbusines...ay.php?id=12493

Has anyone seen a rendering of this building? There is so much new development in the Near Southside that it is becoming difficult to keep track of.

#57 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

I needed to put this pic some place so I figured this thread was as good as any.

I needed a tailight bulb. Could not hardly believe it, but I found myself driving to Berry street in search of an auto parts store. I thought surely I could walk to one. Anyway, I am interested in the South-Side properties. Came across this one. What a jewel of a commercial building. 1329 College Ave. If I had any guts at all I would turn this place into condos. Anybody know anything about this building? I just like it.

All I had was my camera with my prime 50 on it so it is a bit close. But you can figure out which building I am talking about.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#58 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Brian, it's this building. That was the College Avenue Baptist Sunday School Building. The main church building is diagonally across the street. Below is its listing on the regular site Architecture in Fort Worth:

http://www.fortworth...llavbaptist.htm

#59 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

I've been in that building, back when I was ticked because you couldn't buy a place to live in downtown Fort Worth, was looking at places close to downtown, maybe 2001-02, think I mentioned it on the OLD forum.

At that time it was owned by a guy with a ballet company / school, that area behind the window AC was an indoor pool that had been built over, second floor was something not important enough to remember, the top floor was VERY cool, with angled louvered skylights over what was a basket ball court turned into stage with a King Henry style observation deck surrounding it. BUT, the corner you're looking at had a water leak in the corner which rotted out all the floor joists so when you walked on that end you could feel the floor sinking. Criminal neglect.

Asking price was $500,000.00 "firm." The lot to the right of the building did not go with it, result, no parking.

If I remember correctly, across the street to the left of that picture was an old group of apartments someone refinished, for sale or rent, not sure. They turned out very nice.

I needed to put this pic some place so I figured this thread was as good as any.

I needed a tailight bulb. Could not hardly believe it, but I found myself driving to Berry street in search of an auto parts store. I thought surely I could walk to one. Anyway, I am interested in the South-Side properties. Came across this one. What a jewel of a commercial building. 1329 College Ave. If I had any guts at all I would turn this place into condos. Anybody know anything about this building? I just like it.

All I had was my camera with my prime 50 on it so it is a bit close. But you can figure out which building I am talking about.

Posted Image

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#60 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

The building does have a great look to it!

I'm not sure this is the proper thread for this info, but a little blurb on what's coming to W. Lancaster (across from the T&P Warehouse/Post Office area) later this year according to our T&P Newsletter:

Posted Image
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#61 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

That is technically part of downtown since they moved I-30, isn't it? Anyway, I think it's about time they started developing that corridor. If you look at the concept drawings for the Avenue of Light sculptures (those things that light up in the middle of Lancaster), they envisioned several new buildings in that area just north of Lancaster. A friend of mine who lives in the T&P condos likes to complain that nothing has ever happened there. If some retail/eateries go in on the ground floors, I think he'd like that.
My blog: Doohickie

#62 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

The building does have a great look to it!

I'm not sure this is the proper thread for this info, but a little blurb on what's coming to W. Lancaster (across from the T&P Warehouse/Post Office area) later this year according to our T&P Newsletter:

Posted Image

This is somewhat old news (although I don't know when construction is supposed to start) but it's part of Downtown now. South Downtown or SoDo or SoDoTo or whatever they decide to name that part of the area... IF they name it.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#63 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

...Anyway, I think it's about time they started developing that corridor...

Who is "they?"

#64 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

The generic "they." Next time I'll use a passive voice.

#65 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

Wasn't there an unexpected infrastructure issue delaying development in that corridor?

#66 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

In an indirect way, the answer is yes. The infrastructure issues delayed the completion of the street project, and I'm sure that because new right-of-way was created on the north side of the streets, the state wasn't going to sell off that land to private developers until the project was finished.

#67 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

The generic "they." Next time I'll use a passive voice.

Sorry, what i meant to ask was, are you wanting taxpayer money to be spent there, or just private investment?

I think that there's plenty of taxpayer balls in the air right now.

#68 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

I've been in that building, back when I was ticked because you couldn't buy a place to live in downtown Fort Worth, was looking at places close to downtown, maybe 2001-02, think I mentioned it on the OLD forum.

At that time it was owned by a guy with a ballet company / school, that area behind the window AC was an indoor pool that had been built over, second floor was something not important enough to remember, the top floor was VERY cool, with angled louvered skylights over what was a basket ball court turned into stage with a King Henry style observation deck surrounding it. BUT, the corner you're looking at had a water leak in the corner which rotted out all the floor joists so when you walked on that end you could feel the floor sinking. Criminal neglect.

Asking price was $500,000.00 "firm." The lot to the right of the building did not go with it, result, no parking.

If I remember correctly, across the street to the left of that picture was an old group of apartments someone refinished, for sale or rent, not sure. They turned out very nice.

This is sad, because the owner appears to be unwilling to sell the property for a price that is low enough to allow someone to afford to renovate it. Similar problem as the Texas and Pacific Warehouse on Lancaster.

Posted Image

This is sad, because the owner appears to be unwilling to sell the property for a price that is low enough to allow someone to afford to renovate it. Similar problem as the Texas and Pacific Warehouse on Lancaster.

#69 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Just learned that Travis Avenue Baptist Church will be breaking ground January 6 on a new building immediately west of the current church sanctuary. Here's a link to a temporary map of parking during construction, but it includes the location of the new structure.

http://www.travis.or...onstr_pking.pdf

Haven't been able to find any renderings of what it will look like.

#70 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

I wonder if that's replacing the space they gave up for the Wal-Mart?

#71 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

The College Avenue Baptist Church Sunday School Building is going to be converted into residential.  It's going before the Landmarks Commission this month.  Below is a link to the Landmarks Packet for Fairmount:

http://fortworthtexa...airmount(1).pdf

#72 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Great news! So what all is going on within Magnolia's area? The Magnolia-May development recently finished, Frank Kent's development is underway, is that it? 

#73 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

This, Kent, wine place just opened next to the cheese shop, couple of shops (clothes, etc.) in the old Catholic Charities Building ground floor spaces, redevelopment of the old Lawrence Flowers building across from the new Moncrief Cancer Center with Spice Thai restaurant, Proper bar, 24 Plates tapas, etc. - stuff I know of.

--

Kara B.

#74 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

FW Business Press article on the Sunday School building:

Historic building in Fairmount set for commercial, residential development

#75 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

They're currently workin on the Sunday school building. Took down the fire escape, cut a big hole in bottom floor. Most of the backside windows are new.

U1S0kSj.jpg

#76 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

I believe this is the Broken Bone Land Co. development, 24 units or so. I didn't even realize it was under construction, but now it's nearly done and looks fantastic (that what design standards get you eh?). On Travis just off Rosedale.

wzlUvwZ.jpg

Just around the corner this old building is getting some TLC

RJ2BChv.jpg

#77 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

That new development is by the same doctor who built the building next to it, I believe.  The Southside zoning requires residential components in many areas, as you know, and so a lot of these doctors were required to build residential atop their medical practice expansions.  The projects have been so successful that this doctor went from having four apartments atop an office space to this significantly larger project.

--

Kara B.

#78 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

Hearing that 24 Plates has closed?! Very strange- didn't make it 4 months?

#79 NSFW

NSFW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Bike riding, Trinity Trails, food, supporting local business. Buy Local!

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hearing that 24 Plates has closed?! Very strange- didn't make it 4 months?

Yes, I saw their Facebook post this morning. 

Adrian

#80 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

Magnolia Cheese Co. will become a marketplace. 

http://www.magnoliacheese.com/

I also looked around southside based tma-cha architecture's new website and found three projects I think are for southside. 

This one labeled Misteltoe medical building, it looks to be on a steepish hill so I'd guess it's proposed near the railroad tracks. Very attractive office for sure. 

Rr2ppXV.jpg

This one is labeled Midtown Medical Office building, and is the biggest of the three. 

YpUY02q.jpg

This one is called 6th and O townhomes. Guessing O is Oleander? It looks like it based on the rendering. They've got a charming vibe to them. 

Tdt2Zf1.jpg

So that's exciting. 

#81 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:33 AM

Is the midtown medical building the one that's under construction in the midtown development?

#82 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:55 AM

The Midtown Medical Building is already complete in the Midtown Development.  Even though the finished product doesn't look exactly like the rendering, the surrounding buildings in the lighter color, match the layout of the other buildings.  The building currently under construction in Midtown is Jason's Deli.

#83 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:06 AM

The 6th & O townhomes were announced at least three or so years ago, and never happened.  I'd love to see them get built.

--

Kara B.

#84 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for clarification Kevin. 

I did see today that the Jimmy Johns is under construction. Foundation work. 

VLK%20Architects%201K8.jpg

#85 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

Proposal for 1801 8th, at the intersection with Park Place.

ClnUqNH.jpg

Northeast corner of Hemphill and Rosedale

8899042_Rendering_TWLogo.jpg

Edit- A nice recap of existing and proposed residential units to. Some ones we have'nt heard much about (Oleander, 650 S. Main, 400 S. Jennings) are listed, so I assume they are still on the boards.

vPUz0nA.jpg

#86 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

The 1801 8th Ave. is the former Massey's site. That's a huge improvement over the previous building and the vacant lot.

#87 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

Those both look excellent.

The second one, despite the rendering that puts it where the new building on 8th Avenue next to the Starbucks is going, is listed as being at the vacant corner spot next to the Chase bank that got built several years back at Hemphill & Rosedale.

--

Kara B.

#88 McHand

McHand

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Interests:music, neighborhoods, kids, education, biking, politics, urbanism, food, friends, family

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

Anyone know if the Supreme Golf Warehouse lofts are for sale or rent?

Voice & Guitars in Big Heaven
Elementary Music Specialist, FWISD

Texas Wesleyan 2015
Shaw-Clarke NA Alumna

#89 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

One unit is.

http://oldbuilding.c...golf-warehouse/

#90 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

1k8 (Jimmy Johns) framed up.

RcvvdVP.jpg

#91 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:29 AM

Pretty cool guide to southside published by FWS. 

www.fortworthsouth.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/layouts_121614.compressed-2.pdf

#92 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

Also, I figure there's a thread about it, but there's a construction fence around the old Coca-Cola bottling plant at South Main & Pennsylvania.  Perhaps that's finally happening.

--

Kara B.

#93 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

^ It shared a thread back during 2012 with Phoenix. But I've made a new one

#94 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

Across College Ave. from the Phoenix, looks like some townhomes?

JdsnKOk.jpg

#95 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:23 AM

Yeah, I don't know anything about them other than Joe Frank (who has built several small infill projects like this now - a couple on Oleander, one on Hemphill, the new apartments on College between Magnolia & Oleander, etc. - along with a bunch of Fairmount bungalows) is behind this project as well.

--

Kara B.

#96 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

A lot of little projects mentioned in this article talking about S. Main's makeover. I wanted to talk about them but wasn't sure where. 

At 710 South Main, the owner, All Needz Plumbing, has entered into a contract with a group to redevelop the building into mixed use, with 9,500 square feet of ground-floor retail and 18 apartments on the top two floors. All Needz would contribute the building to the development partnership and be a partner, Will Northern, the broker representing the group, said.

Whether the project gets going soon depends on whether it can secure retail tenants for the first floor, Northern, who has just begun marketing the property, said. The target: a 9,500-square-foot boutique grocery store. They are marketing it at $20 a square foot, triple net or plus taxes, insurance and maintenance.

The building currently

ufwGxSo.jpg

Prime Advantage Equities group plans to redevelop the historic Eagle Steam Bakery/Anderson Furniture site into at least two floors of mixed-use, including retail and restaurants on the ground floor and offices upstairs.

The building, if two stories, would be 17,000-18,000 square feet, John Dancer, the developer, said. The group plans to retain about 8,000 square feet of the existing 12,000-square-foot structure, he said.

“We’ve had quite a bit of interest from restaurants and a couple of banks” that would open a small branch, Dancer said. The developers designed the space for the Cane Rosso pizza restaurant, but lost that tenant to West Magnolia because of the schedule for the South Main project, Dancer said.

The group, which has brought in the Fort Worth consultant Phillip Poole to help design the project, has its financing together, but may approach the Near Southside TIF for help in planned streetscape improvements, Dancer said.

Prime Advantage is also considering redesigning the project and adding a third floor to boost square footage and revenue, with the rise in property values, Dancer said.

The building

a3m5a4X.png

Also on the east side of South Main and south of Cannon Street, longtime property owners Linda and Richard Claytor secured a rezoning March 3 that increases the maximum mixed-use density allowed on 2.14 acres of their holdings. Zoning commissioners and the City Council approved the case in 9-0 votes.

It’s not clear what the Claytors – Richard Claytor co-founded the Fort Worth-based Fresnel Technologies, a leading maker of molded plastic lenses and related optical components – plan. The couple last year listed 4.5 acres bounded by Cannon, Crawford and Dashwood streets and Bryan Avenue for sale, and the listing remains active at an unspecified asking price. Real estate people say the Claytors are asking in the mid-$20s per square foot in a sale. Linda Claytor told the Business Press the couple isn’t ready to discuss its plans yet.

Currently

PAFbGQt.png

Here's the article, every ought to read it, it has a lot more. 

South Main: Long-neglected corridor now center of developer interest 

#97 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

This is exciting news.  It goes to show what smart reinvestment in the public infrastructure - making it attractive as a place for human beings rather than a traffic sewer - can do for urban real estate.

--

Kara B.

#98 mmmdan

mmmdan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

I would like to add that this is how you do long term sustainable development.  I love that this is happening in little bits and pieces and it's not one big developer.

#99 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

800HRyo.jpg

1 & 2- Victory Medical Center, 3 floor hospital over two blocks. Currently under construction and topped out.

3 & 4- Highpointe on S. Main apartments, 227 units, 4 is preserved historic building implemented into project. Currently in demolition phase, a 1 floor warehouse was previously on the block

5- existing historic brick structure, to be restored and possibly include 2-3 floor mixed use building build on remainder of block.

6- Mostly empty block with existing 1 floor building, owner recently was approved for zoning change for maximum mixed use density.

7- Existing 2 floor warehouse type building, proposed upper floor residents and seeking grocer tenant for ground floor.

It's all being tied in by the South Main street makeover, which stretches further north and south than this picture shows. (rendering top right)

#100 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:14 PM

More stuff going on at Penn & Main. The southside new hottest intersection. 

77NGGTr.jpg?1

Fencing up at the lot on the NW side of intersection

zvvFbfi.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users