7 replies to this topic

#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

Been following along on twitter, here's some facts qoutes dropped by Mayor Price via twitter. Among the other things mentioned were strenghting schools in the poorer zip codes and building a new north side police station.

When it comes to being smart & strategic must enhance transit system, or every road will be like I-35 Pushing 4 serious improvements

Two California companies moving to FW. Details coming in March.

Another tweet mentioned they were both possibly aviation related. 

Hopefully ST or FWBP will have a more comprehensive article out in the coming hours. 

#2 Russ Graham

Russ Graham

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:10 PM

Another tweet mentioned they were both possibly aviation related.

Cool.  I thought about doing a sarcastic cow-town related remark but figured that schtick is probably getting old.  Here's a positive note instead:  Guys and gals, Fort Worth is an aviation town!  Come fly with me, come fly...

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

NBC and FWBP reporting more. Education seems to have been a strong focus and one the city does seem to lag in. 

http://www.fortworth...7ea519231e.html

http://www.nbcdfw.co...lowTwt_DFWBrand

#4 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:53 PM

There's plenty of room to improve education in the city (or the state and the country), but I hope everyone steps back and gives the new superintendent time to get things clicking. He's off to a pretty aggressive start and deserves a few years to bring it back from the recent train wreck.

I hope the city takes a friendly approach to regulating Uber and Lyft. Too many cities are in bed with the taxi industry and are hell bent on restricting the upstarts.

A friend of mine attended the event and had little to say about the content, but he said the mayor had a great presentation. I'm a little hard on her sometimes, but I think she's light years ahead of her predecessors in having the best interests of the city in mind. She's a pretty good holdover until Joel Burns can come back and take over.   :swg:

#5 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:17 AM

I'm glad to see some more upbeat, progressive views about Fort Worth, and the mayor's "state of the city" report falls in that category. Can't wait to see which manufacturing companies from California have decided to relocate here.

#6 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

She's a pretty good holdover until Joel Burns can come back and take over.   :swg:

Joel has been back for several months now.

#7 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:27 AM

Yeah, I know. I hate using smilies and I hate it even more when it doesn't help give away that I'm joking.

#8 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

Yeah, I know. I hate using smilies and I hate it even more when it doesn't help give away that I'm joking.

You need the  :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users