- - - - -

Handley Area

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pdphillips

pdphillips
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:17 AM

I am interested in photos, maps or history of the Handley area of Ft. Worth. I grew up there and know the basic history, but would like detail. Any photos of area before 1970 would be welcome. I would also answer any history I know in the 1955 to 1975 era. I will post some 40's and 50's road maps of the area soon.

#2 deiseseis

deiseseis
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:17 AM

Has no one replied to you?

The Handley historical group has a book out on the area. I saw it for sale during one of the "Handley Days Fair" (?) held each fall (Sept. or Oct.) at their booth.

Also some of the merchants might have one. It seems like I also saw copies at the restaurant "The Trellis Rose" on East Lancaster, near the corner of Handley.

The Fort Worth historical group also published booklets that included the area, which now has been designated as a historic district, I believe. Many structures are included in the historical survey.

The corner there is sprucing up and new street lamps, and new businesses are coming in. The area seems to have recovered completely from the tornado that hit the area approximately 1 1/2 year ago.

#3 John T Roberts

John T Roberts
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:18 AM

Check with Historic Fort Worth, Inc. I'm sure they have some information on Handley. They are resposible for the Historic Resources Survey.

#4 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

Sorry for the quality,but if anyone is interested in Historic Handley,come and join us!
IPB Image
T E X A S T R I L L - G O C O W B O Y S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users