7 replies to this topic

#1 mssuzieq

mssuzieq

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

After spending an afternoon photographing the historical bldgs downtown, I was disturbed to come across this bldg. I understand that it was "renovated" in 1980? You certainly couldn't tell it today. The bldg is now owned by a architect, as was the original owner but the historic marker is missing from the front of the bldg. Not to mention, the buildings face plate/name plate is covered?

Atelier 1

Atelier 2

Atelier 3

Atelier 4
Sometimes it takes more than one tank of gas in your bike to clear your head....

#2 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find a sympathetic ear on preservation issues and we always like pictures.

I agree on the building. Mostly I'm annoyed at the roof. I'm no architect, but I don't think it looks right.

I've always felt that whole block was under preserved and under utilized.

#3 mssuzieq

mssuzieq

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find a sympathetic ear on preservation issues and we always like pictures.

I agree on the building. Mostly I'm annoyed at the roof. I'm no architect, but I don't think it looks right.

I've always felt that whole block was under preserved and under utilized.

Thank you for the welcome. IMO when a marker is placed on a building, you are given a responsibility to maintain it and that isn't being done here... The roof is awful as are the windows and the facade..

I am somewhat new to this area of the historic picture. Is there somewhere or somehow to find out if they have removed that designation?

Sometimes it takes more than one tank of gas in your bike to clear your head....

#4 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:41 AM

Welcome to the forum. As far as I know, the building is still designated. You might check with the Texas Historical Commission to see if any changes have been made to its designation. In looking back at my information, the only designation that it has is with the State of Texas. For a vast collection of information on a local basis, Historic Fort Worth runs a Preservation Resource Library at the Eddleman-McFarland House. There are many files of information on Fort Worth buildings, landmarks, and history.

#5 qmcgown

qmcgown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

I stuck my head in the door of the building a few weeks ago when I noticed the missing marker. It was apparently pried off the wall by a thief. The person I spoke to said that there were plans to replace it, but they were working to figure out a more secure location.

#6 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

Quentin, thanks for posting the update. I was wondering what was going on at the building. It's sad that thieves would steal historical markers.

#7 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:52 AM

Just stopped for my morning coffee at Casa Blanca and noticed that the interior of the building is gutted and being renovated.  I guess Cameron Alread Architects is gone now.  Lettering on the window said that Barnett Howard & Williams Attorneys will be coming soon to the building.

#8 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

I noticed that it was in sale recently for $500,000 if I remember right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users