• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bclaridge

bclaridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

The existing off-ramps at University Drive and Montgomery Street are quite tight and slow down traffic in the right lane on westbound Interstate 30.  With the Chisholm Trail Parkway set to include a toll-free ramp to University Drive in the westbound direction, I no longer see a need for the existing ramp to University on westbound Interstate 30 once construction wraps up (look at this link to see what I mean).  After the removal of the University Drive off ramp, additional deceleration space could be added for the existing Montgomery Street off-ramp.

The biggest issue, of course, would be re-educating drivers even with the addition of appropriate signage.  Furthermore, all drivers looking to access University from Forest Park Boulevard would simply connect using Rosedale.

Sydney B. Claridge

Proud Horned Frog (TCU Class of 2017) and lifelong Fort Worth resident with a hobby interest in urban planning and design.

Please consider following my Instagram page!  I take a lot of pictures of scenery and urban environments, in addition to my interests in fashion.

#2 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Agreed. The westbound access from I-30 to University is a major hazard, and having that exit combined so closely to the Montgomery ramp creates confusion and possible danger from fast lane switches. Proper signage for an exit off the tollway approach beginning just west of Summit should be sufficient to direct drivers. Getting rid of the "U-Turn" exit ramp would be worth the effort. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interstate 30, chisholm trail parkway, transportation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users