2 replies to this topic

#1 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

I thought I might fit this into another topic, but I'm just lazy enough to start a new one instead of finding an old one.

Mark Cuban, while discussing his plans for a practice facility and mixed use development in the Trinity Groves area, indicated that he's dissatisfied with the American Airlines Center and plans to explore building a new arena when their current lease expires in 14 years. His beef with the AAC: Ross Perot Jr. and parking.

Before anyone gets too excited about the possibility of wooing him to the west, he also seems to be leaning toward a new arena tied to his development in Trinity Groves. Just thought this was an interesting article. I've never thought of the AAC as having that big of a parking problem. I've probably been to a dozen and a half or so events and I've only parked there maybe 5 (and 2 of those were because I had a parking pass). Taking the TRE is the way to go.

http://sportsday.dal...on-got-now-says

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:29 PM

Looks like Mark Cuban isn't taking into account people who ride transit to his games.

-Dylan

#3 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:30 AM

20 stories up in the air? Plenty of parking underneath the court and stands, but what about fire codes and emergency evacuation infrastructure?

Maybe giant inflatable slides like airplanes use, or perhaps a permanent mega-slide like the one that used to come off of the oil derrick tower at Six Flags

http://www.parktimes...content/node/58

Come to think of it, a 20 story arena could be the "jumping off place" for an indoor ski slope, a great water slide, and a fantastic zip-line, all of which could be used for emergency evacuation in the event of an emergency. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users