Photo
- - - - -

Frost Tower - Jetta Operating to Build Downtown Office Building

Downtown Office New Construction Bennett Benner Partnership Frost Tower 640 Taylor

• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#151 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

I like the building. The previous points that I interpreted as, essentially, the ultimate success of the design could lie in the details of how it is carried out, seem to be appropriate.

The Shanghai building, like many supertall buildings, are, IMO, successful as sculptures seen from afar, however badly fail the test of "playing nicely with others".  I can't name an example of this from another city off the top of my head but it seems that what Fort Worth should expect from a taller building that is more skyline changing is that it BOTH makes a positive contribution to the skyline and simultaneously respects and helps the pedestrian experience at the sidewalk. 

The other building that was announced around the same time, the Police Association HQ, should be the one receiving more of our scrutiny, even though it is located west of Henderson. 

#152 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:55 AM

I don't know if there is anything new in the article, but the Business Press has an additional story published on March 20th online by Scott Nishimura.

http://www.fwbusines...7b2f144fab.html

#153 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

I don't really know where to post this, but the Star-Telegram had an editorial in today's paper about the upcoming building boom.

One possible suggestion - City Issue>The State of Downtown FW

#154 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

Good suggestion.  I moved it there.

#155 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:42 AM

While we wait for groundbreaking, here's a new render. It doesn't really show anything special but is interesting.

jettaoperating.png 

#156 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:14 AM

While we wait for groundbreaking, here's a new render. It doesn't really show anything special but is interesting.

jettaoperating.png 

Your's?  Or the project's?  Please clarify

#157 elpingüino

elpingüino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:44 AM

Your's?  Or the project's?  Please clarify

It's here: http://www.summitmep...acite-building/

#158 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • Location:Stop Six/Echo Heights/Eastwood/Forest Hill/Meadowbrook/Fossill Creek

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:28 PM

We need more buildings like this.

#159 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

I usually will link to where I found a picture or rendering in the picture itself, so you can click them to get to the source :) 

#160 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

Walking by the parking lot this morning, I noticed that it's still open to vehicles.  There's no sign of any construction site preparation.  Last we heard this project was before the city's building design review board, which was last spring.  And the groundbreaking was due sometime in mid-summer (which is now).  Anyone in the know have a progress report?  I know we can get  into the "why aren't things happening" syndrome, but I'm wondering about whether the continuing slump in oil and gas prices is having an indirect effect on Jetta's relocation plans (if any).  

#161 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

Jetta has made it known that they are not releasing any information on the building.  My guess is that they have pushed back the groundbreaking due to coordination problems with the utility companies, or other third parties.  When you work in the oldest parts of town, there are many obstacles, and I'm guessing that in the final design of the building some of these were encountered.  Another possibility is that the owners may have made some changes that affect the timeline.  My guess is that they will now break ground after Labor Day.

#162 elpingüino

elpingüino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

More about the building in today's Fort Worth Business article about Jetta.

Bennett said excavation and construction of subterranean parking might begin in two months and take six months, with building construction following.

#163 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

Good find. Lots of great info in the paragraphs that follow ^that^ tidbit.

#164 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

From the FWB article:

"A groundbreaking ceremony is expected in October, with the building targeted for completion in December 2017"

#165 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

BBP updated their facebook profile picture yesterday with a good view of how Jetta/Anthracite/640 Taylor will look in the skyline. This angle would really show of River Tower as well. 

11850752_913511202054435_485003782597913

#166 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:33 PM

It seems like it doesn't stand out near as much as the old Landmark Tower did on the skyline. I guess it's location, location, location.  Thanks for posting the photo.

#167 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:13 PM

It seems like it doesn't stand out near as much as the old Landmark Tower did on the skyline. I guess it's location, location, location.  Thanks for posting the photo.

I wasn't expecting it to stand out much, anyway.

But infill is infill, I guess.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#168 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:46 AM

Due to its location, the Landmark Tower did stand out in the skyline as a peak in height of the older buildings.  The Jetta Tower should be only a little shorter in height.  But it is two blocks further west and one block north.

#169 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:48 AM

While I would like the skyline to have at least 3 more 40+ story towers we do need some infill buildings... When you're driving towards downtown from most directions the skyline looks a bit toothless... sorr of like 4-5 candles on a birthday cake with nothing in between... some 25-30 story towers would go a long way to help visually bridge the gap.

#170 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:13 AM

While I would like the skyline to have at least 3 more 40+ story towers we do need some infill buildings... When you're driving towards downtown from most directions the skyline looks a bit toothless... sorr of like 4-5 candles on a birthday cake with nothing in between... some 25-30 story towers would go a long way to help visually bridge the gap.

I'm thinking the ideal look for our skyline (within the next decade) should be this:

• 250'-500' = 4
  • 500'-750 = 5
  • 750'-1,000' = 2
  • 1,000'+ = 0 (not until we get a few more towers...) 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#171 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

I also want to mention that the Landmark Tower looked better with the clock on it.  That actually added 40 feet of apparent "building" to the skyline.  However, even with the clock removed, the 380 foot tall structure still had a presence in the center of downtown.

#172 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

Unless they have large leases to other companies not in energy, I would not blame Jetta one bit if they tapped the breaks on building for 12-24 months given that oil is trading at $38/ barrel at the moment.   I'm not familiar, however with Jetta's business or exposure to WTI prices though. 

I love the building as rendered and do hope they go forward since I'd like to see it. 

#173 Now in Denton

Now in Denton

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

If we do need that much office space in the next decade. Fort worth will only build a bunch of 8 and 15 story buildings. 22 story building if we a lucky. That is the Fort Worth way. *sigh*

#174 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

Unless they have large leases to other companies not in energy, I would not blame Jetta one bit if they tapped the breaks on building for 12-24 months given that oil is trading at $38/ barrel at the moment.... I'm not familiar, however with Jetta's business or exposure to WTI prices though...... 

Even with oil trading at six years low,  there should always be a healthy demand for oil as long as the national economy continues to improve.  My impression of Mr. Bird (Jetta Operations) is that he has tenants already inked.

#175 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

I think it's worth thinking about that the core area (roughly between Cherry, Calhoun, Lancaster and the river) is quickly running out of room. There are now only 2 completely empty blocks in that area, and both have plans for the future (XTO's Garage, and Sundance's boutique hotel block) and a few blocks that have more than 50% free (Waggoner's block, YWCA block, First Christian block, a few more around the edges) so I think it's important that any future buildings that may occupy those lots ought to be large. Lancaster's mostly planned out, the NE side of Sundance is likely planned out, there are two ways downtown has left to grow now, along the Jones/Commerce corridor near the convention center, and West towards Henderson. 

• JBB likes this

#176 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

The old Tandy buildings are not leasing very well and possibly losing the major tenant they have today because the building owners have not lived up to their commitments.

The issue is and always will be is that FW does not cater to the white collar market.  Till it does, FW will never have the building growth that we should for a city this size.

#177 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:03 AM

Your post #176 - relevant to Jetta Operating how?

#178 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:34 AM

Just a guess, but it's pretty relevant to the few prior posts about future construction downtown.

#179 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

Just a guess, but it's pretty relevant to the few prior posts about future construction downtown.

As relevant as the very recent comments published in the FWBP? -

http://www.fortworth...fd53f60bcf.html

Seems like we are lumping Tandy Center in with JOB just; well just because.

#180 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

Posts 173 and 175 made reference to future real estate prospects downtown. youngalum's post was in reference to that. I suppose none of that is relevant to Jetta, but, as is often the case here, topics sort of organically go on tangents from time to time.

#181 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:47 PM

If we do need that much office space in the next decade. Fort worth will only build a bunch of 8 and 15 story buildings. 22 story building if we a lucky. That is the Fort Worth way. *sigh*

I think it's worth thinking about that the core area (roughly between Cherry, Calhoun, Lancaster and the river) is quickly running out of room. There are now only 2 completely empty blocks in that area, and both have plans for the future (XTO's Garage, and Sundance's boutique hotel block) and a few blocks that have more than 50% free (Waggoner's block, YWCA block, First Christian block, a few more around the edges) so I think it's important that any future buildings that may occupy those lots ought to be large. Lancaster's mostly planned out, the NE side of Sundance is likely planned out, there are two ways downtown has left to grow now, along the Jones/Commerce corridor near the convention center, and West towards Henderson. 

Posts 173 and 175 made reference to future real estate prospects downtown. youngalum's post was in reference to that. I suppose none of that is relevant to Jetta...

My own reading of posts #173/175 is that the future growth will be: (1) - mostly mid-rise and infill; and (2) - as to where the likely location of future development will occur.  Neither #173 or #175 mentioned that Fort Worth lacks the will to develop "white collar" office as is the case with #176.  So I suppose I have an opposite understanding of those posts.

What is indisputable is that "white collar" developments is precisely what Jetta Operating is doing; and as such, goes directly against what has been suggested in post #176.  Jetta Operating is a "cookie cutter" project in line with the much admired Victory Park office sector and would be garnering kudos from certain circles were it not in Fort Worth.

Finally, I may be mistaken, but isn't there a thread dedicated to City Place?

#182 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

Somebody needs a hug really bad.

#183 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

This morning the old Fort Worth Club parking lot was closed and no vehicles were parked there.  Maybe this is the first sign of site preparation.

As to the discussion regarding downtown high-rise construction, much of this appears in other threads of the Forum.  But, my 2 cents worth:   The focus on the "white collar" market is too much of a generalization, particularly as downtowns are being revived these days as residential living and retail commercial and entertainment centers.  Why mid-rise and not high-rise?  Tenancy market demand is but one factor in determining the height of a building downtown; other factors are density and scarcity of land, building square-footage costs, and government-imposed height restrictions (if any are imposed in the CBD).

Another factor not mentioned much with specific regard to downtown Fort Worth is that a lot of the property ownership has been monopolized (i.e., Sundance Square), which may restrict market competition and serve as a gatekeeper regarding the number and quality of new tenants, and possibly the size of buildings.

#184 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:12 PM

re: Post #183 - Yes. Yes. and Yes.

#185 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

It is expensive and complicated to build new (especially large) buildings in central city districts, compared with green field sites on the periphery of cities. 

I assume what Youngalum is talking about is the likes of high profile corporate users such as Toyota selecting a suburban campus on a never developed piece of property, in a large, homogenous suburb like Plano. 

Some new development will occur out in places such as suburban office parks.  And some will occur in central city locations such as Downtown Fort Worth. The companies' decisions likely have a lot to do with their idea of their target employees, and what sort of environment they predict will appeal most (within their budget constraints) to that future, undefined employee and their existing staff.    So it comes down to taste.   Does the leadership think its better to be in a new office park where everyone drives to a chain fast food place for lunch each day, or in a dense, walkable downtown environment, where they have to maybe deal with some inconvenience or expense of parking in a garage?  They probably have different types of target employees, and often existing employees to consider. 

I obviously have a preference for downtown, walkable places and would go out of my way to choose that location. 

Thankfully, thousands of people and companies choose the same way and have demonstrated that they love Fort Worth's central core and are willing to pay a bit of a premium to be in Downtown Fort Worth and, in the case of Jetta, make a bold, ambitious statement of designing a new, modern building right in the middle of the walkable urban core of Fort Worth. 

Its probably cheaper for most companies with highly sought after talent to pay more for really great office space rather than lose talent to competitors who offer better work environments. 

#186 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

I think it's also worth noting that where some of these relocating companies are coming from. Toyota, for example, is coming to Plano from Torrance, a sprawling suburban area. It makes sense that they ended up in the 'burbs and it's unlikely that they would have taken a chance on any downtown area.

I think what Jetta's doing is great and there will be more development like that. Good, sustainable real estate is a marathon, not a sprint. Empty and underutilized lots are disappearing quickly downtown. The west side and the south side are filling up fast. It's only a matter of time before things go up.

#187 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:37 AM

It's not just the location of the tower, but also where you are viewing the skyline from.

Jetta's new tower should make an impact on the skyline from the north and fill in a gap from the east.

- Dylan

#188 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

Somebody needs a hug really bad.

Hugs are really nice,

"...but will it mean the permission of some to escape detection and to spread abroad a spirit of general suspicion and distrust, which accepts rumor and gossip in place of undismayed and unintimidated inquiry." SUNY [1952]

re: Post #176, given legal standards, may be considered disparaging. Does a potential tenant read a statement like this and chooses to office elsewhere? Do service businesses currently in One City Place (Tandy) read a statement like this and  have it to weigh on their decision making.  Without qualification and sourcing, could a remark like that rise to litigation? At the minimum, it does do harm.

Facts and reason need an embrace also. Without the exchange of those important ideas, the Forum spirals downward into gossipy journalism.

#189 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:31 AM

What is the purpose of the forum?

And go ahead and let them sue me, I don't give a rip as I reporting what is actually talked about in commercial real estate sources in town. People that are actually doing the work that you only wish to have a say in.  The class A market is small in FW and contributes to reasons that most corporate locations don't even look at FW.  You add in the lack of depth in folks that could be employed in those jobs and the cycle continues.

You go ahead and post wish pieces about FW Meacham being a commercial airport and play on the edges of reality.  While the rest of us use the forum as the reason for its existence--to exchange ideas, rumors and facts.

#190 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

Rare, indeed, is the person who enjoys being sued; and even rarer is the person that would foolishly represents ones self.  Of course such person is likely to care very little of harming others or of harming ones self as a result of engaging in reckless behavior or speech.

Speaking just for myself, and not as an official spokesperson of the "us", the purpose, I believe of the Forum, is to offer credibility in one's information. :swg:

#191 elpingüino

elpingüino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

I agree that the viability of the Tandy Center and downtown office space are absolutely worth discussing, but if we may steer this thread back to its original topic ...

One interesting piece of information in the FWB report -- not actually new news, but I don't think we've talked about it yet -- is the name.

A final decision on the building’s name hasn’t been announced, but Anthracite Tower is being bandied about. Anthracite is a kind of coal, and Jetta’s name is a reference to jet coal, a black coal (hence the term “jet black”) that will shine when polished. Jetta’s name alludes to its roots as a company that acquired old, marginal wells and made them “shine” by upgrading them into better producers.

I have to say, Anthracite Tower sounds pretty cool. Especially compared with the generic "[Company name here] Building" that so many others use.

#192 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

The Anthracite Tower is different and it does sound cool. 

#193 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:52 PM

The fact that the southern City Place office building hasn't filled up quickly isn't, in my view, a sign that there is a lack of demand for Downtown Class A office space.

Often it is a matter of how flexible or inflexible, aggressive, or patient a property owner is. 

I dont know that this is the case with the newer City Place tower, however sometimes certain landlords have very strict lease and legal standards (think someone mentioned already) that limits them to certain types of tenants.  And some simply aren't willing to budge from the numbers they have forecast to achieve. 

Maybe they are deliberately preserving some larger space to land large office tenants rather than chopping into tiny spaces.  Their north tower seems pretty full. 

Retail has been going slowly.  They have announced several restaurants coming.  Have they started construction?  I haven't seen. 

#194 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:52 PM

black coal (hence the term “jet black”) that will shine when polished

Would be kinda cool to have the tower clad in jet black glass.

P.S. I think it might be interesting to have the general discussion of dowtown's office market have it's own thread, perhaps?

#195 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

Blue diamonds are derived from coal also. :smwink:

#196 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:52 AM

Article by Sandra Baker is the lead story in today's business section of the Star-Telegram.  I believe we already know about the construction starting at the end of the year.  But it now seems confirmed the structure will be 25 floors rather than 26.  Guess the promoters fell a bit short in their marketing strategy.

How many feet does this affect the previous height figure?

http://www.star-tele...le35264775.html

#197 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:01 AM

Since I know almost nothing about this project, and probably won't know anything more in the future, it is real hard for me to speculate what has happened with the project since the DDRB hearing.  It could be that D.R. Horton leaving downtown with several floors of that tower being potentially vacant impacted their decision to scale back.  It could also be that cost estimates came in high and a floor was removed to save money.  This is called value engineering and some of my projects are going through that process right now. 

If you remember, the Omni Hotel was originally designed to be slightly over 500 feet in height and through value engineering, all of the mechanical and service levels that were put into the building between the functions of the building were removed.  That took three full floors out of the building.  Also, the sloped curtain wall at the roof was reduced in scale, which lowered the height of the building.  It was originally tall enough to completely hide the mechanical penthouse on the roof. 

Finally, to answer your question, I'm guessing the building height will be lowered by whatever the average office floor dimension was for the building.  As a guess, I would say close to 14 feet.  However, we really don't know that for sure because the official height in feet was never released and we also don't know the exact dimension between floors.  There have been reports online for the overall height of the building, but we don't know about the accuracy of that information.  The presentation to the DDRB probably gave an overall height, so only the people attending that meeting would know what the height was scheduled to be at that time.  The owners of the building have not released much information; therefore, I'm guessing the only way that we will know what the final height of the building will be is when they file with the FAA.  Austin55 is an expert on finding heights of buildings through their website.

#198 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

The floor-to-ceiling space in an office building can't be more than 10-12 feet, so the total reduction probably isn't more than 15 feet. Not enough to change its appearance or impact on the skyline dramatically.

"promoters fell a bit short in their marketing strategy"? How did you take the information (or lack thereof) in that article and make that assumption? Maybe Jetta decided they needed less space and took it out of their end rather than having another floor of space to lease and manage?

#199 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:27 AM

The floor-to-ceiling space in an office building can't be more than 10-12 feet, so the total reduction probably isn't more than 15 feet. Not enough to change its appearance or impact on the skyline dramatically.

"promoters fell a bit short in their marketing strategy"? How did you take the information (or lack thereof) in that article and make that assumption? Maybe Jetta decided they needed less space and took it out of their end rather than having another floor of space to lease and manage?

Just guessing, but it was my first thought.  Didn't think of the possible effect of D.R. Horton vacating its tower or the concept of value engineering (as Mr. Roberts conjectured above).  But the slump in oil and gas prices possibly affecting Jetta also came to mind.

#200 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:50 AM

The price of oil also came to mind after I posted my reply.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Downtown, Office, New Construction, Bennett Benner Partnership, Frost Tower, 640 Taylor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users