187 replies to this topic

#51 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

What does that even mean "sprawled to hell"? 

My definition of it is seeing PLENTY of already open land boxed in between I-35, I-20, the CTP, and Risinger NOT being used while still expanding out to more open, unused land. 

In one breath yall want people to live and be In small clusters but then when a business is built in an area with quite a few people living in it then you complain that we already have what we need 3 miles a way.

I don't know where you're getting that from. People can live where ever they want. Some would just prefer not to live out in the boonies. And it would be nice not to have a Walmart EVERY 2 or 3 miles, even if it is a "Neighborhood Market", I hate the idea of one single brand taking up an entire section of a city. We already have like eight 7-Elevens within a 2 mile radius or something like that in this area. 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#52 Dismuke

Dismuke

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts
  • Interests:Late 19th/early 20th century history, popular culture architecture and music. Collecting 78 rpm records from the 1900 - 1930 era.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:21 PM

And it would be nice not to have a Walmart EVERY 2 or 3 miles, even if it is a "Neighborhood Market", I hate the idea of one single brand taking up an entire section of a city. We already have like eight 7-Elevens within a 2 mile radius or something like that in this area.

Apparently a great many people disagree with you and choose to act accordingly.  There is no way that Walmart would be able to build so many stores and keep them operating if lots and lots of people were not shopping at them.   And it is not like anybody is putting a gun to their heads to make them shop at Walmart -  they are shopping there because they want to.  

And the notion that Walmart is somehow taking over is odd.  We live in the single most competitive grocery market in the entire USA.   Walmart has actually lost market share in Dallas/Fort Worth in recent years (for example, here is a report from 2013 http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2013/01/28/walmart-loses-market-share-to-other.html   Not sure how 2014 played out for them)   They are under constant and heavy pressure at both ends of the spectrum - in terms of quality from places such as Whole Foods, Central Market, Fresh Market and Sprouts which is literally "sprouting" up everywhere to stores such as Aldi and Winco which beat Warlmart in terms of price and which are expanding aggressively.  Plus there are lots and lots of ethnic oriented supermarkets which are also drawing away the grocery industry's most desirable customers - those who have large families and eat most of their meals at home.

So if you don't like Walmart the solution is simple: don't shop there.  It is not like you live in the middle of Podunk where you don't have other options.   And if lots and lots of other people like shopping at Walmart  - that is their business and nobody else's.  Keeping a brick and mortar store operating and staffed is extremely expensive - if a chain could serve its customers with fewer locations they would gleefully do so.  If a chain is building stores in new locations it is because their customers want them to be in such locations - which, again, is nobody else's business.   There's lots of stores of various types I don't care for - and I vote with my wallet accordingly.  But I don't begrudge them to the people who do like to shop at them.

As for Seven Elevens - of course there are a lot of them within a small geographical area.  That's because the market radius for a convenience store is tiny - it is usually limited to the immediate area and the traffic that passes through it.   Who on earth would drive more than two miles in the Metroplex just to go to a Seven Eleven?

Radio Dismuke
1920s & 1930s Pop & Jazz
24-Hour Internet Radio
www.RadioDismuke.com

#53 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

I get it. Some people prefer to be out in a suburban setting.

7fwPZnE.png

#54 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

I have edited and deleted posts in this thread to keep things calmer.

#55 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

That's urban snob lingo  ;)

FarSouth, on 26 Jan 2015 - 8:42 PM, said:snapback.png

What does that even mean "sprawled to hell"? 

#56 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:37 AM

The Zoning Commission approved a 30 acre "mixed-use" development at Sycamore School Road and Summer Creek.  The site is also bounded by the Chisholm Trail Parkway.  Below is the article from the Business Press:

http://www.fwbusines...c8e7a7960d.html

#57 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

I would be very surprised if "Mixed-Use" in this instance includes retail and residential in the same building...

#58 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

More development is coming and City Council is working toward extending Bryant Irvin Road south of Altamesa Blvd.

http://www.fwbusines...f9d955f98a.html

#59 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

Here we go:  ShowBiz Cinemas to build near Chisholm Trail Parkway in Fort Worth at McPherson. The entertainment complex will include 10 theaters and 14 bowling lanes.

My blog: Doohickie

#60 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:37 PM

56b19a9d9d67a_chisholmtrailranchoverview

https://www.bisnow.c...t-preview-55356

#61 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

It doesn't mention which cross streets this project includes.

#62 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

It appears that McPherson Boulevard is the main east-west thoroughfare (the CTP/McPherson interchange is marked with an orange dot). Risinger runs just to the north of the top green boundary.

#63 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:58 PM

It will be a Walmart neighborhood market. At summer creek and sycamore school.
According to the info I've seen there will also be a Starbucks and 7-11

The 7-11 is open now.  The Wal-Mart is getting close (probably late summer).  I haven't seen where the Starbucks will be.

There was a Java with Jungus meeting at the Chisholm Trail Community Center on Saturday.  I didn't make it, but I received a copy of the Walton briefing linked here.  (Let me know if you can read it, I posted it to some file sharing site I've never used before.)

#64 Mr_Brightside526

Mr_Brightside526

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Fort Worth

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:42 AM

Great information! I look forward to watching this area develop (as I just closed on a rental house off Summer Creek Rd. this morning). So you may find me at more Java with Jungus meetings.

#65 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

Kroger, another new project adjacent to Chisholm Trail Parkway in southwest Fort Worth.  Article by Samantha Calimbahin in FW Business.

http://www.fortworth...781affb0c1.html

#66 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

I didn't think it warranted a new thread, and this seems as good a place as any for this:

On the I-20 Access Road just east of Bryan Irvin, Hilton is putting the finishing touches on a "Home2 Suites" hotel.  This is across the "driveway" (labeled Citylake Blvd. E on Google Maps) from Fudruckers, and just north of Main Event.  The sports bar formerly known as Rack Daddys between the new hotel and Main Event is also being worked on; it appears an outdoor patio is being added on the north wall.(facing the hotel).

I'm not sure if the two projects are connected, or if a new tenant decided to try something in the Rack Daddys building now that a hotel will be right next door.

#67 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

The hotel is nearing completion. 

The bar will apparently be called Wild Pitch, so apparently a sports bar concept.  I wonder if it will be a straight up sports bar or if they will try to challenge nearby Twin Peaks.  They have an advantage over Twin Peaks in terms of access; they are right by the entrance to the development, whereas to get to Twin Peaks you have to drive through an often crowded parking lot near Fudruckers.

#68 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

I drove out to check out what is happening in the area around the Chisholm Trail Parkway.  The new residential streets are nearing completion in the Chisholm Trail Ranch/Llano Springs area.  Brewer Blvd. is being extended between Risinger Rd. and McPherson Blvd.  Risinger Rd. has been extended to the intersection of McPherson and Old Granbury Rd.  However, you can drive westbound on Risinger, but the intersection of Risinger and McPherson and Old Granbury Rd. is actually closed, except for the previously paved through streets.

#69 Mr_Brightside526

Mr_Brightside526

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

There is also dirt moving on the southeast corner of the CTP and Sycamore School Rd. This will add some much needed retail and neighborhood commercial to the area. Possibly restaurants too?

#70 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

This site plan has a lot of information about the Chisholm Trail Ranch retail center at the southeast corner of CTP and McPherson, set for spring 2019: http://www.edge-re.c...sholmTrailRanch

The first Dick's Sporting Goods in SW FW ... I believe the closest one right now is in Arlington. Other than that, it's the usual collection of tenants for a suburban development.

I can't tell if the businesses labeled "proposed" mean that the lease process is underway, just not finalized, or more like the developer's wish list. I'm guessing the wish list because I have a hard time seeing Chick-fil-A and Cane's willingly setting up shop so close together, and likewise with Panera and Corner Bakery.

#71 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

There's a Cane's and Chick-fil-a across the street from each other in Hurst.

#72 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:08 AM

I'm guessing the wish list because I have a hard time seeing Chick-fil-A and Cane's willingly setting up shop so close together, and likewise with Panera and Corner Bakery.

There's a Cane's and Chick-fil-a across the street from each other in Hurst.

And there are Walgreens stores literally right across the street from CVS stores in several neighborhoods around the country. 

That's the free market for ya...

7fwPZnE.png

#73 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

The bar will apparently be called Wild Pitch, so apparently a sports bar concept.  I wonder if it will be a straight up sports bar or if they will try to challenge nearby Twin Peaks.  They have an advantage over Twin Peaks in terms of access; they are right by the entrance to the development, whereas to get to Twin Peaks you have to drive through an often crowded parking lot near Fudruckers.

Both the hotel and Wild Pitch are now open.

Nearby in Cityview Center, the old Black Eyed Pea is well on its way to becoming a Boomer Jack's.  They have a storefront in the shopping center set up as a hiring office.

#74 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

Can we talk about all this open space between Hulen and B.I.?

https://www.google.c...m/data=!3m1!1e3

7fwPZnE.png

#75 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

Except for an Oncor line running through it is all owned by Southwest Pasture Ltd. Interestingly it is unicorporated land and the owners have an agreement not to be annexed until 2020.

#76 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

Except for an Oncor line running through it is all owned by Southwest Pasture Ltd. Interestingly it is unicorporated land and the owners have an agreement not to be annexed until 2020.

Southwest Pasture Ltd? 

Can they be bought out...?

7fwPZnE.png

#77 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

That's the last part of the Edwards Ranch property that is slated for development.  It's in their master plan, but they are focusing on Clearfork first.

#78 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

There's just too much land and opportunity there to just leave it blank. 

7fwPZnE.png

#79 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

Cassco has planned a development for that area called Overland. It used to be on the Edwards Ranch website, at the same time that Clearfork and Riverhills were in the works, but five or six years ago they removed Overland from the website. You can see a little in the Internet Archive: https://web.archive....overland/OL.htm

#80 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:57 AM

Both the hotel and Wild Pitch are now open.

In the same development, a hotel is going up across the parking lot from Ashley Furniture. They had to fill in a lot of earth and reclaim the spot from the retention pond (Citylake?), as is visible from the satellite image from September: http://bit.ly/2FvFwN2 Google Maps labels this site as a Fairfield Inn, but there's no indication on the Marriott website yet.

#81 Mr_Brightside526

Mr_Brightside526

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

Dirt is turning on MU development, The Dylan, off Chisholm Trail Parkway at Summer Creek Ranch Rd and Sycamore School Rd.

https://rebusinesson...-in-fort-worth/

#82 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:17 PM

It's intereting seeing mixed use spreading to the suburbs.

#83 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

This reminds me of the development near the North Richland Hills library.

The location of this development is a little unfortunate- it's on the other side of CTP from the planned TEX Rail station. Still within walking distance, though (about 7/10 of a mile).

-Dylan

#84 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

Dirt is turning on MU development, The Dylan, off Chisholm Trail Parkway at Summer Creek Ranch Rd and Sycamore School Rd.

https://rebusinesson...-in-fort-worth/

This is... 

Why? 

7fwPZnE.png

#85 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:16 PM

This reminds me of the development near the North Richland Hills library.

It bears a resemblance to The Venue, the original multi-family complex in Home Town.   The only first floor retail is in the building closest to 26.  The retail space in the other buildings is either still vacant or was converted to residential.  The other apartment complexes in the development came much later and are not mixed use.

#86 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:51 AM

Another CItyview hotel has opened:  Fairfield Inn & Suites in the parking lot across from Main Event, on the shores of the drainage ditch known as City Lake.

#87 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

This site plan has a lot of information about the Chisholm Trail Ranch retail center at the southeast corner of CTP and McPherson, set for spring 2019: http://www.edge-re.c...sholmTrailRanch

The first Dick's Sporting Goods in SW FW ... I believe the closest one right now is in Arlington. Other than that, it's the usual collection of tenants for a suburban development.

I can't tell if the businesses labeled "proposed" mean that the lease process is underway, just not finalized, or more like the developer's wish list. I'm guessing the wish list because I have a hard time seeing Chick-fil-A and Cane's willingly setting up shop so close together, and likewise with Panera and Corner Bakery.

Construction underway at the Shops at Chisholm Trail Ranch, with grand opening now set for April 2020. Dicks is no longer among the tenants listed.
https://www.star-tel...e224919565.html

Patio%201.jpg

#88 Mr_Brightside526

Mr_Brightside526

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

I really hope the Shops at Chisholm Trail Ranch isn't something terribly basic. This really is a great opportunity to improve upon suburban sprawl with a little more creativity and intimacy of these kind of developments. I understand Clearfork is down the road and clearly is attracting a different clientele but it would be nice to see something of slightly better quality than a row of big boxes and pad sites for fast food. 

#89 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

It's terribly basic

http://www.edge-re.c...sholmTrailRanch

#90 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

It's terribly basic

I'm shocked.

#91 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

They're stringing up lights between the buildings. That makes it "mixed use", right?

#92 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:02 PM

I really hope the Shops at Chisholm Trail Ranch isn't something terribly basic. This really is a great opportunity to improve upon suburban sprawl with a little more creativity and intimacy of these kind of developments. I understand Clearfork is down the road and clearly is attracting a different clientele but it would be nice to see something of slightly better quality than a row of big boxes and pad sites for fast food. 

If it's past 820 (and in a lot of cases, within about 3 miles of 820), don't get your hopes up... 

7fwPZnE.png

#93 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Yeah it's just the wash, rinse & repeat formula for all these types of developments with all the usual suspects (Ross, Mashall's, Petco... etc)

It's nothing new but to the folks living in that area they actually have some sort of retail component now...  As a realtor, that area of town is so bizarre because you have tons and tons of neighborhoods and housing with no retail whatsoever.

#94 Mr_Brightside526

Mr_Brightside526

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

I will remain optimistic that this is phase 1 for the area and with its success, that future development will become more mixed-use to squeeze more profits from the area.  :D

#95 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:23 PM

Shops at Chisholm Trail update in the Star-Telegram:
Southwest Fort Worth is getting three new restaurants and a new movie theater

(Saved you a click: Chick-fil-A, Whataburger and Panera)

#96 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:13 AM

Gordon Dickson at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram wrote this article this week on developments along the Chisholm Trail Parkway.  Here's a link to his article:

https://www.star-tel...e237277619.html

#97 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:29 PM

Drove around the Shops at Chisholm Trail Ranch last week before the state restrictions had been relaxed. Many of the stores looked mostly done, like Old Navy, Dollar Tree, Ross, Five Below and Tuesday Morning. Some had we're hiring signs up. The Chick-fil-A drive-thru was open and busy. Mod Pizza looked close to opening. Whataburger and the movie theater were still early in construction.

TheShopsatChisholmTrailRanch_Cover.jpg

#98 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:08 PM

That's some yawn-inducing architecture.

-Dylan

#99 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:17 AM

That's some yawn-inducing architecture.

Well it's suburban, so I don't think anyone will notice or care... it's just more cookie-cutter box stores and strip malls. 

7fwPZnE.png

#100 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:23 PM

And in 5 years they will become a Dollar Tree or Goodwill. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Southwest FW, Chisholm Trail Parkway, Freeway Development

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users