8 replies to this topic

#1 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

I'm currently in Austin - will be here through Sunday, then leaving Monday morning aboard Amtrak headed back to Fort Worth. My companion and I are currently sitting at Juan Pelota Cafe at Mellow Johnny's enjoying a mocha before heading off to do some more stuff and grab a bite to eat, and thought I'd take the time to share a few photos I've taken thus far from Friday and today.

--

Kara B.

#2 Recyclican

Recyclican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Urban Planning, Conservation, Sustainability, Transit-oriented-Development, Historic Preservation.<br /><br />Hiking, camping, reading, BBQing, photography, traveling

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

Someone needs to snatch up the domain "Austinology.com" - - - just in case.

#3 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

I see you are hanging out at Lance's place. What did you think of the trip by train? I have ridden the train to Austin before and I thought it was a unique experience. I hope that you have fun and you will post more photos of our capital city.

#4 GenE

GenE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:History, photography,

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Atomic Glee @ Dec 27 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm currently in Austin - will be here through Sunday, then leaving Monday morning aboard Amtrak headed back to Fort Worth. My companion and I are currently sitting at Juan Pelota Cafe at Mellow Johnny's enjoying a mocha before heading off to do some more stuff and grab a bite to eat, and thought I'd take the time to share a few photos I've taken thus far from Friday and today.

Dude,

Please tell me that you weren't at Whole Foods at around 2.30 in the afternoon, because if you were, I might have to slap myself silly for not paying attention to whats going on around me and totally missing your distinctive headgear.

Next time, give a shout and maybe we can meet for coffee.

GenE Shockley

#5 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

We were in Whole Foods around that time, yeah. Maybe just prior. Travel brings out the newsboy caps, though, instead of the fedoras. We will likely be around the 2nd Street District this afternoon for a little shopping, coffee, and dinner before retiring back to the hotel.

--

Kara B.

#6 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

This is really creepy. I just got back from a weekend in Austin and I was at Whole Foods, Book People and Waterloo just about the same time.

C'Mon guys lets at least say we planned this Austin trip as an official board trip and impress the masses!

#7 GenE

GenE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:History, photography,

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (longhornz32 @ Dec 28 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is really creepy. I just got back from a weekend in Austin and I was at Whole Foods, Book People and Waterloo just about the same time.

C'Mon guys lets at least say we planned this Austin trip as an official board trip and impress the masses!

Waterloo Records or Icehouse, or both? I was in Waterloo Records on Friday and got a Jethro Tull and Michael Nesmith. What'd you get?

Atomic, if I hadn't quit smoking, I'd be outside the office waving at the Amtrack as it goes by this morning. Ya'll come back soon.

GenE

#8 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

We had a great time - more pics coming. Entire trip was transit & walking, no cars of any kind.

Back home now and will be posting some thoughts on Fort Worthology, starting with the ubercool Royal Blue Grocery store:

http://fortwortholog...austin-example/

--

Kara B.

#9 BobZupcic

BobZupcic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

Very Strange Indeed.

Just made it back from Austin. Stayed downtown and drove past Whole Foods on 6th at about 11:30am this morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users