Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(jefffwd @ May 26 2007, 08:30 AM) View Post

The store names seem to have disappeared from Jonny's post as well conf.gif

I happened to save the tenant list image to my hard drive after posting about it on Fort Worthology. Said image has completely disappeared from the Museum Place server.

--

Kara B.

#102 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:12 AM

I know... I saved it too tongue.gif

#103 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(Jonnyrules23 @ May 24 2007, 03:56 PM) View Post

I did some researching online and found another site plan that had clearer wording. Here are some of the other retailers listed:

Jasper's
J. Jill
Bebe
La Duni, La Duni Coffee and Alo by La Duni
Bo Concept
Design Within Reach
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
Nola's Tapas Bar
Swoozie's
Lucy / Lu Lu Lemon
Pinto Ranch

Also, given the updated design of the hotel component, I'm putting my money on an Aloft by W.

I found it too... I also noticed Z Tejas Southwestern Grill http://www.ztejas.com/

#104 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(Tacoma @ May 25 2007, 03:49 PM) View Post

Kind of looks like the store line-up in Southlake Town Center.

It will be interesting to see how many other retailers with stores in Southlake are looking at putting a store in Fort Worth.

Idk, the only ones that would also have a store in Southlake are Anthropologie, Apple, J. Crew, lucy, and bebe. The rest would all be firsts for Tarrant county, I think, and some are are even firsts to N. Texas.

It's also interesting how many furniture stores there are. Bo Concept, DWR, Z Gallerie, West Elm, MG+BW...maybe even more once all the leases are worked out. I suppose all these high end, urban dwellings in the central city will need some furniture though happy.gif

#105 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:44 AM

Jonny,

I blew up the UCR flyer PDF

http://www.ucrrealty...musuemplace.pdf

and I think it is Hola! Tapas Bar (not Nola's)... there is one on McKinney in Big D.

#106 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:55 AM

Thanks, that makes more sense. newlaugh.gif

Also, any idea what "L.T.B." might be?

#107 Keller Pirate

Keller Pirate

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:47 AM

"I also noticed Z Tejas Southwestern Grill http://www.ztejas.com/"

I checked out the website and looks pretty tasty to me. They will be close to and have to work hard to beat Lanny's for taste and quality.

#108 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(Keller Pirate @ May 29 2007, 11:47 AM) View Post

They will be close to and have to work hard to beat Lanny's for taste and quality.

Yeah, but they should be able to beat Lanny's on price without too much trouble.

#109 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ May 25 2007, 11:46 AM) View Post

Official response from Museum Place Development Group:

"The retail tenant list posted on this site was obtained from information used during the International Council of Shopping Centers spring convention earlier this week. These tenants have not been confirmed and the Museum Place Development team is not announcing any retailers at this time."

I'm somewhat friends with a guy who does some work for the developer of So7. I emailed him the names of the retailers listed and he said as far as he knows there are no confirmed tenants as of yet. He also said it's not uncommon for developers to put names of tenants on renderings that are not necessarily signed yet. The renderings for the addition to Mockingbird Station in Dallas shows American Girl as a tenant even though that store is going in the Galleria. He also said it would shock him if West Elm was going to be a tenant there when although the Dallas store is doing well, it's not performing to expectations (?).

Keep in mind this is all hear say and I don't know if developers talk to each other, so I don't necessarily know if this guy knows what's going on at Museum Place. However, I hope every one of these tenants end up at Museum P. This is the kind of shopping FW needs. I did check a few websites to see if they were any "Coming Soon to..." announcements and there were none. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

#110 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(vjackson @ May 29 2007, 02:57 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ May 25 2007, 11:46 AM) View Post

Official response from Museum Place Development Group:

"The retail tenant list posted on this site was obtained from information used during the International Council of Shopping Centers spring convention earlier this week. These tenants have not been confirmed and the Museum Place Development team is not announcing any retailers at this time."

I'm somewhat friends with a guy who does some work for the developer of So7. I emailed him the names of the retailers listed and he said as far as he knows there are no confirmed tenants as of yet. He also said it's not uncommon for developers to put names of tenants on renderings that are not necessarily signed yet. The renderings for the addition to Mockingbird Station in Dallas shows American Girl as a tenant even though that store is going in the Galleria. He also said it would shock him if West Elm was going to be a tenant there when although the Dallas store is doing well, it's not performing to expectations (?).

Keep in mind this is all hear say and I don't know if developers talk to each other, so I don't necessarily know if this guy knows what's going on at Museum Place. However, I hope every one of these tenants end up at Museum P. This is the kind of shopping FW needs. I did check a few websites to see if they were any "Coming Soon to..." announcements and there were none. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I was just looking at UCR's other site plans and the others don't have retail names - just generic "retail", "restaurant", "bank" etc. With the exception of a new shopping center at Eastchase @ I-30 in between 30 and Lowe's. The only tenant that is named on that is Kohl's. There is also a "town square" develpment that is upscale looking on I-20 west of Hulen.

#111 JKC

JKC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:56 AM

Unfortunately, it is extremely common lately for developers to put a "wish list" on a site plan for marketing and leasing purposes. The last five years or so at ICSC, I have noticed this becoming more and more common. The big developers still don't do it but often they drop names in conversation in order to describe the merchandising they are seeking. I wouldn't read much into it yet, one way or the other.

#112 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(JKC @ May 30 2007, 09:56 AM) View Post

Unfortunately, it is extremely common lately for developers to put a "wish list" on a site plan for marketing and leasing purposes. The last five years or so at ICSC, I have noticed this becoming more and more common. The big developers still don't do it but often they drop names in conversation in order to describe the merchandising they are seeking. I wouldn't read much into it yet, one way or the other.

UCR Urban handles retail leasing for the tower and this flyer shows the correct tenant names on the site plan... http://www.ucrrealty...70.TheTower.pdf

#113 CurtisD

CurtisD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(JKC @ May 30 2007, 08:56 AM) View Post

Plus if many of these retailers like Apple, West Elm, Z Gallerie, or Bebe signed leases in FW, it would be a big deal retail-wise and you'ld probably have a hard time keeping the announcment out of the Star. Not to say some of these won't end up at Museum P, but this kind of retail has not been easy to lure to FW as Arlington is still seen by retailers as a better shopping locale. If these retailers end up at Muesem Place it would be a huge win and I doubt if they would even keep it a secret...you'll know about it.

#114 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(CurtisD @ Jun 5 2007, 10:43 AM) View Post

Plus if many of these retailers like Apple, West Elm, Z Gallerie, or Bebe signed leases in FW, it would be a big deal retail-wise and you'ld probably have a hard time keeping the announcment out of the Star. Not to say some of these won't end up at Museum P, but this kind of retail has not been easy to lure to FW as Arlington is still seen by retailers as a better shopping locale. If these retailers end up at Muesem Place it would be a huge win and I doubt if they would even keep it a secret...you'll know about it.

Arlington better? Really?

#115 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Living in the city

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:56 PM

MMiller...

Fort Worth sucks at everything. We are just a bunch of hicks in single wides where the cows out number the people and the blue collar jobsoutnumber the people in the workforce. Did you forget that already? laugh.gif

Seriously... I am trying to figure out what edge Arlington has over Fort Worth exactly when it comes to retail. I bet I can name two Fort Worth high end retailers for every one in Arlington you can name Curtis.

#116 CurtisD

CurtisD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(mmiller2002 @ Jun 5 2007, 11:58 AM) View Post

QUOTE(CurtisD @ Jun 5 2007, 10:43 AM) View Post

Arlington better? Really?

Here we go again..I didn't say Arlington was better. I said retailers see it as a better retail destination. Am I wrong when I say the Parks Mall and the South Cooper area out perform any retail corridor in FW and the Parks Mall is the most successful mall in Tarrant County and the 3rd most successful in the metroplex behind Northpark and the Galleria?

If you don't think historically FW has had difficulty landing upscale retailers you're living in a fantasy world. And I didn't say these retailers would not eventually come to FW...I said it would be big news when and if they do, that's all.
The insecurity here always makes me smile. smile.gif

#117 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

Three of the buildings in Museum Place are going before the Board of Adjustment tomorrow to seek variances to allow building within the setback above 60 feet, a change in the percentage of residential units, and a reduction in the amount of open space required on each block.

#118 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(CurtisD @ Jun 5 2007, 09:24 PM) View Post

Here we go again..I didn't say Arlington was better. I said retailers see it as a better retail destination. Am I wrong when I say the Parks Mall and the South Cooper area out perform any retail corridor in FW and the Parks Mall is the most successful mall in Tarrant County and the 3rd most successful in the metroplex behind Northpark and the Galleria?

Actually, you sort of did (sort of). And so what if Parks outperfoms the rest of Tarrant county - it's tenant mix is far from unique and upscale. It's no wonder it does well, also, because it used to be the only mall in all of Arlington/Mansfield. I wonder if it will do as well now that Highlands, and eventually that mall in Mansfield, are opened.

QUOTE(CurtisD @ Jun 5 2007, 09:24 PM) View Post

The insecurity here always makes me smile.

If you keep saying stuff like that, don't act surprised when people don't respect your opinions - or even just openly dislike you.

#119 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(Jonnyrules23 @ Jun 5 2007, 10:50 PM) View Post

And so what if Parks outperfoms the rest of Tarrant county - it's tenant mix is far from unique and upscale. It's no wonder it does well, also, because it used to be the only mall in all of Arlington/Mansfield. I wonder if it will do as well now that Highlands, and eventually that mall in Mansfield, are opened.

It matters a lot to national retailers which continue to flock to that area. And it doesn't matter why the area is successful.. just that it is. I don't find the retail mix around The Parks unique or upscale either, but there's tons of it and it does work. And Curtis is right about the area being the retail powerhouse for Tarrant Co, and I think the addition of the Highlands shopping center and Mansfield will only increase the popularity of that corridor. It will be interesting to see how GloryPark competes with that area.

It will also be interesting to see what retailers Museum Place will land. That's a pretty impressive wish list. At least they're aiming high.

If you keep saying stuff like that, don't act surprised when people don't respect your opinions - or even just openly dislike you.

I've never dislike anyone because their opinion didn't mesh with mine. All he said was that the Parks area was popular with retailers and it is the most successful retail area in Tarrant Co., which from my understanding is true. To turn this into another Curtis is anti-FW thread when what he said wasn't even his opinon, but fact, seems silly.

#120 PLS

PLS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:07 AM

easy johnny. i never read anything claiming the tenant mix at parks was unique, or that arlington was better. (highlands, well that's probably what i would call unique.) true, parks was the only game in town, but facts are facts and historically it has performed well. as you alluded to, the introduction of highlands and "that mall in mansfield" could dent those numbers, but history is written. (for the record, the mansfield development is an open air lifestyle center, different from a mall and more similar to highlands than parks) i have to agree that attracting those specific tenants would be a big win for fw. it would be some of the first "urban hipster" stores that make the move to fw. the 7th st corridor is an exciting project that could add another piece to the cultural landscape of dtfw. it's most certainly hip, modern, and unlike anything done before west of 360. maybe one day it will even be credited with bringing the modern, edgy 90 story tower everyone on this board has been wishing for as long as i've been around (not that long, but i've read some pretty old posts that talk about it).

that being said, the personal attack was unjustified, imho. i never read anything in his posts that should have led to this kind of barrage.

#121 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:04 AM

Actually, I don't think the Parks area is the dominant force in Tarrant County retail. I think that Northeast Mall area and Hulen area are both much more upscale than south Arlington.

#122 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(jefffwd @ Jun 6 2007, 10:04 AM) View Post

Actually, I don't think the Parks area is the dominant force in Tarrant County retail. I think that Northeast Mall area and Hulen area are both much more upscale than south Arlington. I can say this because I lived in north Arlington for ten years... just about anything south of I-30 and north of I-20 is just plain nasty.

I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that it was. That fact that the mall outperfoms the the city's (FW) malls, Ridgmar and Hulen, as well as HEB's North East Mall, which has most of E and N.E. Fort Worth as a draw, is pretty telling of the area's retail strength.

I've never thought of the area around Hulen/ Bryant Irvin to be very upscale at all. FW's "upscale" unclave, IMO, is a few spots in the Camp Bowie area. I know Ridgmar has Neiman's but to be honest, I've never understood how they keep that place open. The few times I've been there that place seems dead. The Zodiac there seems to do okay.

I will add this disclaimer: Since I live in Dallas where there are places like Northpark, Highland Park Village, West Village, Galleria, Victory, and other so maybe my idea of upscale may be somewhat different than someone from FW. That's not to be pretentious, as I rarely go to any of those spots (except W. Village and Victory). Just that when you walk into those places you don't have to debate whether they're upscale...you know it.

#123 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Jun 6 2007, 08:55 AM) View Post

[I've never dislike anyone because their opinion didn't mesh with mine. All he said was that the Parks area was popular with retailers and it is the most successful retail area in Tarrant Co., which from my understanding is true. To turn this into another Curtis is anti-FW thread when what he said wasn't even his opinon, but fact, seems silly.

Good job taking what I said completely out of context. If you had noticed which portion of curtis' post I quoted, you would see that I wasn't referring to his comments about Parks mall - I was referring to his rather rude closing statement. I'm also at a loss for who's turning this into another "Curtis is anti-FW" thread...

QUOTE(PLS @ Jun 6 2007, 09:07 AM) View Post

that being said, the personal attack was unjustified, imho. i never read anything in his posts that should have led to this kind of barrage.

Which personal attack? I didn't notice any barrages in anyone's posts so far.

#124 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

Personally, even though I am from Fort Worth, I do know what upscale is. In college I worked at the Galleria and my favorite mall in Texas is Northpark. I agree that Highland Park Village is tops. I still have not made it to Victory. I do like NE Mall too but I wish it didn't have a SEARS or a JCPenney. Eew. University Park Village in FW is nice with Banana Republic, Gap, Pottery Barn etc. My point about Arlington (and I did live there for ten years) is that the Parks is not upscale. They have problems with gang activity there and unless you consider the Rug Barn upscale the retail surrounding it is nothing more than your typical big box crap. Most of Arlington south of I-30 and north of I-20 is just rundown. The Arlington Highlands has some nice restaurants (Gloria's, PF Chang etc) but the rest of the tenant mix, with the exception of Studio Movie Grill is just nothing special (Famous Footwear, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Jo-Ann, Sleep Experts, Staples, Borders, Petsmart, Ulta, Great Clips etc.). throwupen.gif

#125 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(Jonnyrules23 @ Jun 6 2007, 10:42 AM) View Post

Good job taking what I said completely out of context. If you had noticed which portion of curtis' post I quoted, you would see that I wasn't referring to his comments about Parks mall - I was referring to his rather rude closing statement. I'm also at a loss for who's turning this into another "Curtis is anti-FW" thread...

Maybe I should have posted more clearly. I know what comment you were referring to and isn't CurtisD's feeling that FW is insecure is just his opinion to which you said he might be disliked for expressing? My comment about the facts regarding the Parks and surrounding area were from those that claimed Mr. D said Arlington was "better" and implying that somehow he was berrating FW, when he only stated fact. That's all.

#126 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

jefffwd: Am I missing the post where someone said that The Parks was upscale? I'm not seeing it anywhere in this thread. I think the point trying to be made is that The Parks is the strongest from a sales standpoint.

#127 Dallastar

Dallastar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

^^

QUOTE(AdamB @ Jun 5 2007, 02:56 PM) View Post

MMiller...

Seriously... I am trying to figure out what edge Arlington has over Fort Worth exactly when it comes to retail. I bet I can name two Fort Worth high end retailers for every one in Arlington you can name Curtis.

I think it came from this

#128 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

I live closer to NE mall ,but would rather go to the Parks.Not for upscale shopping but for better overall options.Not to mention my favorite store,the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop!I'm through with NE mall.
T E X A S T R I L L - G O C O W B O Y S

#129 FW_Drew

FW_Drew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

I think the bottom line here is that if a mixture of these tenants were to move into not only a FW location, but any other city it WOULD be a big deal. CurtisD, I guarantee you that if these tenants were to leave the Galleria or any other upscale Dallas area, it would most certainly be a big deal. You act like Dallas wouldn’t miss a beat whether these retails stores were there or not. Or that’s the way your message comes across to me…

When did Arlington get into the conversation? I tell you what, there is nothing more annoying then a know-at-all out-of-towner who likes to take pot shots at a City that they have nothing to do with. You know the metroplex is a big place and I’m sure there’s something going on in your own neighborhood to partake in.

#130 PLS

PLS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

i'd say that's pretty personal.

#131 PLS

PLS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(jefffwd @ Jun 6 2007, 10:58 AM) View Post

My point about Arlington (and I did live there for ten years) is that the Parks is not upscale. They have problems with gang activity there and unless you consider the Rug Barn upscale the retail surrounding it is nothing more than your typical big box crap. Most of Arlington south of I-30 and north of I-20 is just rundown. The Arlington Highlands has some nice restaurants (Gloria's, PF Chang etc) but the rest of the tenant mix, with the exception of Studio Movie Grill is just nothing special (Famous Footwear, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Jo-Ann, Sleep Experts, Staples, Borders, Petsmart, Ulta, Great Clips etc.).

the parks is not upscale, no one has said it is. you are right about that. however, it has been the top grossing mall in tarrant county and thus a preference for many retailers through the years. with regard to the highlands, i think you are a bit misguided. true there is a large component of box stores, however the not-quite-complete "town center" portion of the project already has several nice stores (white house black market, orvis, haltoms) with more to be announced as the project nears completion.

QUOTE(FW_Drew @ Jun 6 2007, 11:45 AM) View Post

When did Arlington get into the conversation? I tell you what, there is nothing more annoying then a know-at-all out-of-towner who likes to take pot shots at a City that they have nothing to do with. You know the metroplex is a big place and I’m sure there’s something going on in your own neighborhood to partake in.

see above re: top grossing mall in tarrant county. no one was taking pot shots. facts were used to support the introduction.

what it comes down to is we're talking about two different product types. so7/museum place/7th is very much a specialty development with a very small and specific retail component. unless the stores previously mentioned and linked to so7/museum place/7th st corridor were considering highlands as well, arlington is truly a moot point here.

#132 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(PLS @ Jun 6 2007, 01:25 PM) View Post

i'd say that's pretty personal.

The quote Jonny referenced was rather trollish, so Jonny's statement seems correct to me. Not a personal attack. Just pointing out that if you act like a troll (and stirring the pot because the "insecurity amuses you" is indeed such a behavior), people might not get along with you.

--

Kara B.

#133 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(texastrill @ Jun 6 2007, 11:26 AM) View Post

I live closer to NE mall ,but would rather go to the Parks.Not for upscale shopping but for better overall options.Not to mention my favorite store,the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop!I'm through with NE mall.

There's one at Ridgmar too.

#134 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(PLS @ Jun 6 2007, 01:36 PM) View Post

the parks is not upscale, no one has said it is. you are right about that. however, it has been the top grossing mall in tarrant county and thus a preference for many retailers through the years. with regard to the highlands, i think you are a bit misguided. true there is a large component of box stores, however the not-quite-complete "town center" portion of the project already has several nice stores (white house black market, orvis, haltoms) with more to be announced as the project nears completion.

What happened to Ikea?

#135 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(jefffwd @ Jun 6 2007, 02:04 PM) View Post

QUOTE(texastrill @ Jun 6 2007, 11:26 AM) View Post

There's one at Ridgmar too.

I stay away from those malls west of 35 too.I'd rather go to Parks,or even G.Mills or the outlet on 114 for my Cowboys gear.
T E X A S T R I L L - G O C O W B O Y S

#136 FW_Drew

FW_Drew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

[quote name='FW_Drew' post='37938' date='Jun 6 2007, 11:45 AM']
[/quote]

see above re: top grossing mall in tarrant county. no one was taking pot shots. facts were used to support the introduction.

what it comes down to is we're talking about two different product types. so7/museum place/7th is very much a specialty development with a very small and specific retail component. unless the stores previously mentioned and linked to so7/museum place/7th st corridor were considering highlands as well, arlington is truly a moot point here.
[/quote]

I'm glad we got the facts straight, the parks mall tops grossing in Tarrant County and no one is taking pot shots newlaugh.gif

Who is going to get the high-end retailers first, is the question apparently. I'm sure that the developers of museum place are really modifying their wish list based upon the success of the Parks mall. I guess we'll see. If it takes 3 years to build museum place, heck it definitely wouldn't surprise me.

#137 CurtisD

CurtisD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(FW_Drew @ Jun 6 2007, 10:45 AM) View Post

I think the bottom line here is that if a mixture of these tenants were to move into not only a FW location, but any other city it WOULD be a big deal. CurtisD, I guarantee you that if these tenants were to leave the Galleria or any other upscale Dallas area, it would most certainly be a big deal. You act like Dallas wouldn’t miss a beat whether these retails stores were there or not. Or that’s the way your message comes across to me…

Funny how I get ribbed for calling FW insecure and then you mention Dallas and the Galleria (granted, I don't understand the context about high end stores leaving Dallas or whatever point you were trying to make) when I made no comment about Dallas whatsoever. You're comment or point s abut Dallas not missing a beat...is totally lost on me.

And in regards to me not having anything to do with FW. I grew up there, still have family there, and am in the city at least once a week. I have two close relatives in Plano, some in Arlington, HEB, Allen, Azle and Dallas...all which I visit. So forgive me if I feel in some sorts the metroplex is my hood. I visit as much of it as I can and am interested in the happenings of the Metroplex as a whole. Maybe you love Fort Worth so much that you never leave it, and that's your choice, but I'm not bounded by any municipal boundaries and zip codes.

Arlington came up because I simply said it's the retail powerhouse of Tarrant County. Which it is..whether you like it or not. And these hip stores would be a big deal at Museum Place because this type of retail has historically avoided FW.

I've never intentionally tried upset anyone with my measly opinions, but I will admit I've made comments that I could easily see how someone who has FW pride meshed with FW insecurity would get riled up. (But since I'm as entitled to my opinion, like everyone else on the forum, I'm going to state it) Guess what, my post on this thread wasn't one of them. Which makes my insecurity comment all the more valid and once again I'm amused.

#138 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ Jun 6 2007, 01:58 PM) View Post

The quote Jonny referenced was rather trollish, so Jonny's statement seems correct to me. Not a personal attack. Just pointing out that if you act like a troll (and stirring the pot because the "insecurity amuses you" is indeed such a behavior), people might not get along with you.

Bingo!

Curtis...if the point of calling us insecure wasn't to "rile us up," then why do you even bother? I also don't see how making a simple, impartial, and frankly quite obvious observation about that statement represents even more insecurity. I'm just trying to make it clear why some people on this board don't like you, so you don't have to act surprised when you get negative reactions to your statements. But if you'd rather hide behind your insecurity blanket, then go right ahead.

#139 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

again Curtis... it is getting old seeing you try to pass off the complete bs you post as fact. So what if the majority of the shopping in Arlington is concentrated in one small area or hell hole (as I consider it) around Cooper and 20. Noone actually likes to shop there. They shop there becuase it is the only game going within a 5-10 minute drive of their house.

I really want to know all of the retailers that have passed up Fort Worth to locate in Arlington since Arlington is seen as so superior. By my count Fort Worth has a far more diverse and plentiful retail base than Arlington. Your ridiculous claim has no basis.

#140 FW_Drew

FW_Drew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

CurtisD: “it would be a big deal retail-wise and you'ld probably have a hard time keeping the announcment out of the Star.”

The point I was trying to get across is that if it’s a big deal over here, it’s more than likely a big deal over there too (wherever you are.) For example if one were to close shop – at the galleria or make some kind of wish list like MP, you just might see it in the morning news. So if this has no point – then your comment about keeping it out the star has no point either.

I understand the argument, but to me we might as well be arguing oranges and apples. The Arlington high-end retail market is a threat to the FW high-end retail market, I get what you’re saying. Just remember that the reverse of this is true as well.

I wouldn’t really call it insecurity on our part, but more envy on your part. We feel like celebrities over here always getting the valued opinions of our fellow neighbors. Think of FW as an X that you just won’t leave alone – get it?

I don’t mind reading your posts, but I’m sure you know what you’re up against by now.

#141 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(AdamB @ Jun 6 2007, 09:32 PM) View Post

again Curtis... it is getting old seeing you try to pass off the complete bs you post as fact. So what if the majority of the shopping in Arlington is concentrated in one small area or hell hole (as I consider it) around Cooper and 20. Noone actually likes to shop there. They shop there becuase it is the only game going within a 5-10 minute drive of their house.

If people didn't like to shop in Arlington, I don't think they would. I've know many people from Ft Worth that could easily go to Hulen or HEB that head over to Cooper St. Surely you don't believe the area is the retail giant it is from the sole shopping of Arlington residents. Many people from Dallas county love going there also. Like you, I consider it a hell hole and avoid it like the plauge and haven't been there (the Parks) in years. And at one time didn't Arlington have three malls?? Yet somehow the Parks mananged to trump the other two.

Curtis' posts was not bs..he said that area is Tarrant Co.'s strongest retail corridor..which once again, it is. Who cares about the reasons why and the fact of whether you or I like shopping there. It doesn't change the fact that it is Tarrant's most successful retail hub. ..I also can't find where he said it was upscale, or a wonderful place to visit.

#142 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:45 AM

OK. That's probably enough of that. wacko.gif

#143 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:56 AM

CurtisD's Statement:

"but this kind of retail has not been easy to lure to FW as Arlington is still seen by retailers as a better shopping locale."

He was speaking in reference to the somewhat higher end retail shops("this kind") that he mentioned earlier in his post.

By that I take it to mean that he was implying:

1)Retailers generally prefer Arlington over Fort Worth when setting up shop in Tarrant County. This is FALSE.

2)Fort Worth does not and has not attracted the higher end retail in a similar fashion as Arlington. This is FALSE as well and I would argue it the other way that higher end retailers might see Fort Worth as a better choice when opening a new location.

Tell me where I am going wrong. Like I said earlier this is just another case of an ignorant opinion trying to be passed off as fact.

#144 Dallastar

Dallastar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

Man, I never knew this thread would get so heated, but as a shopping (or high end) destination would Southlake be in the mix, just curious I have no clue.

#145 PLS

PLS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(cberen1 @ Jun 7 2007, 08:45 AM) View Post

OK. That's probably enough of that. wacko.gif

agreed. this arguing is going in circles (3 that i've counted).

QUOTE(Dallastar @ Jun 7 2007, 10:32 AM) View Post

Man, I never knew this thread would get so heated, but as a shopping (or high end) destination would Southlake be in the mix, just curious I have no clue.

yes. southlake would most certainly be in the mix, although retail development in southlake has tapered off as properly zoned land has become more scarce. they do have a fair number of higher-end stores that would compete closely with some of the names mentioned for museum place.

#146 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(PLS @ Jun 7 2007, 11:56 AM) View Post

yes. southlake would most certainly be in the mix, although retail development in southlake has tapered off as properly zoned land has become more scarce. they do have a fair number of higher-end stores that would compete closely with some of the names mentioned for museum place.

For the record I've always considered FW and Arlington to be in the same league in regards to so called "high end" retail ...meaning neither have that much. Southlake is the high end location on the west side of the metroplex IMO. I know Colleyville has high end homes, but anyone know what the retail is like there. If I had to pick a spot these stores would have one their radar..Southlake/Colleyville would be it.

#147 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

Retail is pretty limited in Colleyville. They have a typical Albertson's anchored center at Glade and 121. There is a larger Super Target anchored center across Glade, but it is actually in Euless. There are two strip centers at Glade and 26 that have abandoned grocery stores.

As far as high end, they have their two town square concepts. Villages at Colleyville, where city hall is located, has townhomes and some specialty shops. There's been a lot of turnover there which I'm sure can be attributed to the odd layout. The center sits back off of 26 so far that most people probably have no idea it is there. It's a nice looking development, but I'll never understand why they started building from back to front instead of front to back. Colleyville Town Center is way more visible and bit more big-boxy than the other. They have Market Street, Border's Books, McAllester's Deli, Gloria's, and Metro Cinema. There's a sprinkling of other restaurants and shops. There is a really cool old-style barber shop that is great, but a little on the pricey side.

#148 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:45 AM

Back to the topic.... Fences are up and dirt is moving at the site today!

#149 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

That's good! The start date was supposed to be June 1st so it seems like they're about on schedule. Can't wait for things to start wrapping up by 2008 - and hopefully by then, we'll have an acurate picture about what the retail will be.

#150 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:21 AM

Is the Acme Brick building being torn down?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users