Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

The Star Telegram has the demise of the Brahmas:

http://www.star-tele...lines-fortworth

Sadly, the only entity mentioned that is owed money by the AWOL owners is the city of Fort Worth.

Players and team staff have not been paid.  Injured players' medical bills have not been paid.  Players have been evicted from their apartments.  Season ticket holders have been screwed out of their deposits for next year.

Sad ending to professional hockey in Fort Worth...

UPDATE:  2:00PM:  article has been updated with quotes from Mike Barack; maybe all is not lost....

Wow... 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#52 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

From Official Dallas Stars FB page

1234206_10153176313395215_1435532591_n.j

Training camp dates and times are in! Check out the schedule and make plans to join us in Fort Worth on Sept.12th! 

READ: http://bit.ly/16WczSA

#53 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

Training camp dates and times are in! Check out the schedule and make plans to join us in Fort Worth on Sept.12th!

Sorry Austin, but it is difficult for me at least to support a team that seems to think of us as a colony.  I will not wish them bad luck, however I will not be a fan of the Dallas Stars.

"Asking for forgiveness for the hate".

#54 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

You're not insulting me! I'm just "reporting" the news :)

At least the new management is giving us some attention. 

#55 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

Yeah, I see the "colonization" as a big plus.  They're realizing that Fort Worth is worth giving some love to.

My blog: Doohickie

#56 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

You're not insulting me! I'm just "reporting" the news :)

At least the new management is giving us some attention. 

"Cool".

#57 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Anyone going to training camp tomorrow? I plan on being there for some of it.

#58 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

Nope.....going to the Lone Star Brahmas games Friday and Saturday, though....NAHL is better than nothing......or a rotten bone thrown by the Stars......

#59 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Nope.....going to the Lone Star Brahmas games Friday and Saturday, though....NAHL is better than nothing......or a rotten bone thrown by the Stars......

Lone Star Brahmas!?!?  Did they change names again?  I thought they were now the Fort Worth Brahmas?

#60 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

This is actually a completely different franchise, formerly the Texas Tornado.  The Fort Worth Brahmas changed their name to the Texas Brahmas when they moved to North Richland Hills in 2007.  They reverted back to the Fort Worth name recently, but I believe they're now out of business.

#61 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

This is actually a completely different franchise, formerly the Texas Tornado.  The Fort Worth Brahmas changed their name to the Texas Brahmas when they moved to North Richland Hills in 2007.  They reverted back to the Fort Worth name recently, but I believe they're now out of business.

JBB is right.....see my previous post about the former Fort Worth Brahmas owners screwing everyone when they walked away...the Lone Star Brahmas are a Tier II Junior A Hockey team.... like JBB said, they were the Texas Tornado in Frisco, which also, ironically, got its start at NYTEX in the late 90s ...they've now come full circle it seems.....no pro hockey in the Fort Worth area at the moment....and again I refuse to swoon over a lame training camp put on by the Dallas team....meh...

#62 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

I was there for all of day one. I quite enjoyed it. It does not bother me it's Dallas's team. if they're gonna throw me a bone, I'm gonna gobble it up.

#63 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

I was there for all of day one. I quite enjoyed it. It does not bother me it's Dallas's team. if they're gonna throw me a bone, I'm gonna gobble it up.

That's good, Austin!  Just not my deal.....however, it would be a good excuse to spend some time downtown........

#64 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Dallas Stars have announced summer training camp will return to downtown for the 2nd year in a row. September 19th-21st. 

http://stars.nhl.com...s.htm?id=725888

#65 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

Cool beanz :)

My blog: Doohickie

#66 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

The Dallas Stars are a Dallas team.

Why should we be excited about them coming to Fort Worth? That would be like Austin getting excited about a rival city's team showing up.

-Dylan

#67 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Which Austin team's rivals? OU?

:?:

#68 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

^ Not the city, me.

I see The Stars (along with the Boys, Mavs, and Rangers) as the home team anywhere in the metropolitan area. The name may start with "Dallas" but that doesn't mean anything to me, and certainly doesn't make them a rival. If I'm going to watch top tier Hockey being played, the nearest team is the St. Louis Blues. They certainly aren't FW's home team. 

Civic rivalries do not equal regional sports rivalries to me. 

#69 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

^ Not the city, me.

I see The Stars (along with the Boys, Mavs, and Rangers) as the home team anywhere in the metropolitan area.

I agree; and more to the point, the local owners with their paid attorneys would agree too. The NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB will not carve out this metropolitan area.  These are leagues with franchises who like any franchisee has a territorial rights.

#70 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

As far as I'm concerned, the Texas Rangers are a Fort Worth team since they are closer to Fort Worth and don't have the "Dallas" label.

However, I hear they suck this year, so maybe it's a good thing they aren't called the Fort Worth Rangers. :o

And no, I don't follow professional stick & ball sports. NASCAR is what I follow.

-Dylan

#71 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

A few shots from today's scrimmage, 

kQvbP3B.jpg

imMrBoH.jpg

p15Tovk.jpg

WCwFmiG.jpg

#72 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

Dallas trying to spread their name in Fort Worth. Booooo.

-Dylan

#73 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

I'm in your corner on this one.

#74 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

So you think it would be better for the arena to be dark, even its waning years, rather than have this kind of activity just because the word "Dallas" is associated with it? Do you think the people in charge of Sundance should have turned away the pep rally festival Friday night for the Stars that brought people into the plaza that might not otherwise be there? Do you think that an attitude of regional isolationism, where we try to ignore the vibrant, developing city to the east, is good? Isn't it possible that we could embrace the fact that this area is great because Dallas and Fort Worth are so close and both offer a variety and uniqueness that is unheard of anywhere in the country? Go ahead and bathe this discussion in urban legend about Amon Carter carrying a sack lunch to Dallas and how that tall tale has been perverted to the point where some simpletons think we need to build a moat across I-30. I'm waiting.

Anyone ever think that maybe one of the reasons this board has turned into a ghost town many days is because many of the discussions decay into this kind of insecure paranoia?

#75 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

....Do you think that an attitude of regional isolationism, where we try to ignore the vibrant, developing city to the east, is good? Isn't it possible that we could embrace the fact that this area is great because Dallas and Fort Worth are so close and both offer a variety and uniqueness that is unheard of anywhere in the country?....in urban legend about Amon Carter.... I'm waiting.

Good for Sundance Square and the Convention Center, but for me, the NHL hockey team known as the Stars made the marketing decision to be associated with one particular city and not the region by replacing the mascot name with the name of the city that it wanted to be most associated with on its sweater; and by needlessly doing so, the team's marketing department chose to ignore or relegate the vibrant city to the west to the status of a suburb.

I think their decision to set forth a new brand has been counterproductive, more so in Tarrant County then elsewhere.  To me, a sign that their decision may have turned off the "Amon Carter-ites" constituency, one that it can ill afford to alienate,  is evident by the Stars' attempt to lessen the impact of their decision by holding events in the city to the west that it may had been taking at the time for granted.  It is always dumbfounding that marketers do not understand the Amon G Carter affect when dealing with Fort Worth; it is real despite the unaware herds of new people to the region.

Of course, it was the Stars' own judgment to do what it did for who knows; and it is, of course, my choice to ignore their efforts now for what I feel was a slap.

As for this being an unique region, I think of Minnesota as a region that better brands its teams than does the North Texas region and one to look to for example.  I refer to the teams in the region as the Rangers, Cowboys, Mavs and Stars; with my strongest allegiance to my Rangers.  Personal note: I have not watched a Cowboys, Mavs or Stars game in three years and do not expect to do so.

Go Frogs!

#76 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

It's just Training Camp.

The Cowboys have their's in San Antoino and Oxnard, California.

The NEW ORLEANS Saints have their's in WEST VIRGINIA of all places...

Major League Baseball clubs have their Spring Training in either California or Arizona, regardless of what city they play in.

I have no problem with this. Sports teams don't "claim" a place where they have practices for a short amount of time.

7fwPZnE.png

#77 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

Yea I'm sad this disscusion went where it did. The Stars new owners and management knows there's a million people in Tarrant County, and they are just trying to market it to them. I love NHL hockey, I couldn't give a damn where the team is located or what its called.

By the way, during the rebrand there was talk of changing the name to the "Texas Stars", but the AHL team in Austin (Cedar Park) didn't want to give it up.
  • JBB likes this

#78 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Yea I'm sad this disscusion went where it did. The Stars new owners and management knows there's a million people in Tarrant County, and they are just trying to market it to them....

A beg your forbearance, but

I think that a lot of people in Dallas County just don't care or are too insensitive about the feelings of some, but not all, of the residents who live in Tarrant County, particularly those of us who have lived in Tarrant County all of our life.

At the risk, of taking this too far, I just want you to consider for just this moment, the way that SWA is "dancing in the end zone" over the end of the Wright Amendment; IMO, it is insensitive.  Among their latest campaign is "Dallas, born here and raised here." or "So Long Wright Amendment". - The Honorable Mr. Jim Wright is still alive and doing well; and he should be respected eve in defeat; and so should Fort Worth.  The Wright Amendment was fair and it was in the interest of both Fort Worth and Dallas. The way to better relations is to win with class, and not with smirks. 

Fort Worth should, as it did then, continue to strive for recognition that it deserves. I have no qualms in calling out those who are in my opinion being disrespectful or who taunt.   

If the Stars want to be undeniably branded as "Dallas", then that is their choice.  But to come to Fort Worth thinking that some of us did not understand this clear pitch to Dallas; and to then to expect a warm welcome in Fort Worth would be a sign that the Stars, like many other Dallas entities, do not understand Fort Worth.

BTW, if the Texas Rangers should ever change their brand to the Dallas Rangers, I will not support them. Period!

Fort Worth over everyone.

#79 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

So in one breath you scold Dallas for being petty and petulant and, in the next one, admit that you would be fine with the Stars if their name included "Fort Worth" or "Texas".

"You stay classy, San Diego."

#80 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

So in one breath you scold Dallas for being petty and petulant and, in the next one, admit that you would be fine with the Stars if their name included "Fort Worth" or "Texas".

"You stay classy, San Diego."

Accept that I never admitted to anything of the kind.  I did not scold Dallas.  Where did I scold Dallas in this particular matter?

#81 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

It's just Training Camp.

The Cowboys have their's in San Antoino and Oxnard, California.

The NEW ORLEANS Saints have their's in WEST VIRGINIA of all places...

Major League Baseball clubs have their Spring Training in either California or Arizona, regardless of what city they play in.

I have no problem with this. Sports teams don't "claim" a place where they have practices for a short amount of time.

How do people in training camp locations feel about teams from other cities coming in? I would be surprised if they were happy.

Yea I'm sad this disscusion went where it did. The Stars new owners and management knows there's a million people in Tarrant County, and they are just trying to market it to them. I love NHL hockey, I couldn't give a damn where the team is located or what its called.

By the way, during the rebrand there was talk of changing the name to the "Texas Stars", but the AHL team in Austin (Cedar Park) didn't want to give it up.

The Dallas Stars represent Dallas and its suburbs. As you should know, Fort Worth is not a part of Dallas.

I'm fine if they keep the name Dallas, they just have to acknowledge they don't represent Fort Worth with that name.

If the Stars want to represent Fort Worth and its suburbs in addition to Dallas and its suburbs, they have several options:

Dallas / Fort Worth Stars

North Texas Stars

Metroplex Stars

-Dylan

#82 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

How do people in training camp locations feel about teams from other cities coming in? I would be surprised if they were happy.

Attendance was down in Oxnard for Cowboys training camp this year, but they have a huge following there. Fans used to pack the Alamodome when the Cowboys trained in San Antonio. It wasn't unusual for it to be filled to capacity for weekend practice days.

#83 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

The cowboys are a special breed, but the word "Dallas" means nothing to most fans. Look at how thier fans are spread. Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, Tulsa, OKC, Little Rock, big chunks of New Mexico, Nevada and Virginia are Dallas fans. 

It doesnt and shouldnt have anything to do with what the first word of the teams name is.FB_NFL_Fandom.jpg

#84 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

The Dallas Cowboys have many fans located in Fort Worth and other metros, primarily metros without an NFL Team. However, the name "Dallas" means the Cowboys represent Dallas and its suburbs, not all of the areas shaded in blue.

-Dylan

#85 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

The Dallas Cowboys have many fans located in Fort Worth and other metros, primarily metros without an NFL Team. However, the name "Dallas" means the Cowboys represent Dallas and its suburbs, not all of the areas shaded in blue.

And I understand that, but this isn't the case. 

It's just a 3 day practice at the Convention Center, basically. Besides, it's not like ESPN gives hockey the time of day. They don't cover the sport nearly as much as they used to (and even then, it was still ignored in several ways), so I don't think you have to worry about any national news outlets having a guy in suit or girl in a dress "reporting live from the DALLAS Stars training camp in FORT WORTH...

If that's what you're implying, that is. 

7fwPZnE.png

#86 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

The cowboys are a special breed, but the word "Dallas" means nothing to most fans. Look at how thier fans are spread. Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, Tulsa, OKC, Little Rock, big chunks of New Mexico, Nevada and Virginia are Dallas fans. 

It doesnt and shouldnt have anything to do with what the first word of the teams name is.FB_NFL_Fandom.jpg

It also looks like there's Memphis, Kansas,  Mississippi, Alabama, Iowa, Montana, Missouri, Florida, S. Carolina,  Idaho, Oregon, and Kentucky (which just looks like a mess, but consdering its locaton and lack of a team, I'd get why)

7fwPZnE.png

#87 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:12 AM

If you are into world class hockey, the Dallas Stars are the closest team to Fort Worth to watch a game. St. Louis is 655 miles away, Nashville is 695 miles away, Denver is 767 miles away, and Phoenix is 1033 miles away. You don't have to root for them. 

#88 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

I get that teams have fans outside of the areas that they represent, and that the Fort Worth area primarily supports teams with "Dallas" in the name since they usually have the closest teams. That does not mean that the name "Dallas" represents Fort Worth.

Do the Dallas Stars represent Houston because Houston primarily cheers for the Stars? Not at all.

The term "Dallas" represents "Dallas," regardless of where their fans are located.

-Dylan

#89 Lobster Eastside

Lobster Eastside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

Way to go Lone Star Brahmas!  2017 NAHL Robertson Cup National Champions!

Sure, they're not pro, but what a season!

http://www.nahl.com/...ry.cfm?id=21128

#90 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:16 PM

the stars are going to hold their fall training camp at the convention center and they'll be staying at the omni .... and today when the stars new owner was talking about the jerseys he mentioned fort worth. they're obviously wanting to broaden their reach. it's nice 

The Dallas Stars want to train in the Dickie Arena.  I personally have mixed feelings about that.

There was a time when I felt the Stars' sweater was innocuos for me to support them: (S-T-A-R-S); then the Stars chose a new sweater (D-A-L-L-A-S) which was not a minor subliminal message that this is a Dallas team.  For whatever reason,  I think the need was for the team to promote the Dallas Brand and perhaps to retain favor with the City of Dallas.

I personally feel that I will always promote the Fort Worth Brand, as limited as it is.  I am quite aware that the professional leagues create territorial markets and that that prohibits Fort Worth from getting a professional team; and because of that I would feel uneasy cheering, wearing team insignia, or supporting  a team playing in Fort Worth under the brand of another city.

Emphasis again on my own feelings; and not upon anyone who would be okay with the Stars training in Fort Worth.

Fort Worth Business Press - http://www.fortworth...81acf4b067.html

#91 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

I have no problems at all if the Stars wanted to train here, I go to games and take the TRE and they have a lot of fans here in FW.

#92 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

I have no problem with you having no problems.  You can be amongst those fans from Fort Worth who don't have a problem either; I believe that yall exists.  Different strokes for different folks.

But I do have my dislikes and this is one of them; just being honest.

#93 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:56 PM

I have no problem with you having no problems.  You can be amongst those fans from Fort Worth who don't have a problem either; I believe that yall exists.  Different strokes for different folks.

But I do have my dislikes and this is one of them; just being honest.

Yes different strokes are not a bad thing... you have your dislikes and I have mine and the don't have to be in accord so just being honest as well.   I'm sure you also have likes that are in concert with mine.   So in the end we are all able to be our own individual selves with our differences and similarities and still have respect for each others individuality.

#94 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 11:45 PM

Just felt like sharing . . . 

Large Image

7fwPZnE.png

#95 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,813 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 11 March 2021 - 12:07 PM

Large Image

Was this your design handiwork or something that has been already released?  I'm way out of touch with the Brahmas.

#96 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 03:43 PM

Large Image

Was this your design handiwork or something that has been already released?  I'm way out of touch with the Brahmas.

That's all just concept design I started from a custom jersey company that I'm currently forgetting the name of at the moment...

As far as I know with the Brahmas, they're still in NRH. Nothing more outside of that. 

7fwPZnE.png

#97 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:02 PM

Posting the Alternates.

Black Third and Red "Heritage"

7fwPZnE.png

#98 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:21 AM

https://www.star-tel...e250865489.html

Lot going on in this article, but my 3 takeaways 

-the convention center couldn't even make ice when the Stars wanted to have camp

-there's discussions of a Stars Center in Fort Worth

-The Stars like the idea of a a training camp and preseason game at Dickies Arena

#99 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,813 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:48 AM

The city often functions like a small town, which is part of its charm and allure.

Oh, so keep Fort Worth folksy?  I like how this article is in our local newspaper talking to us about our city like we've never been here before.  Euless, Parks Mall or NYTEX are not that far away either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users