Photo
- - - - -

7th Street Rail (Something we desperately need)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Living in the city

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:20 PM

Whether it be light rail, trolleys, whatever... we desperately need some type of unique mass transit system that going up and down Camp Bowie and then along 7th Street all the way to the ITC. It also needs to be a form of mass transit respectful to its surroundings that will encourage ridership and needs to be hitting each stop at LEAST every 15 minutes.

I think we are LONG overdue for this project. We have a very unique situation here to not only connect the middle of downtwon to the ITC but we would also be connecting the 240 residences at MP and others at SO7 as well as the historic neighborhoods to downtown. I have seen mentions of something here and there and with the different developments popping up on 7th. How far away are we from actually having soemthing go up and down 7th/Camp Bowie? Is the city actively pursuing this? IMHO this project is much more important currently than Cotton Belt.

This just seems like a no brainer to me and I cannot figure out for the life of me why there isn't more being done to get this done.

#2 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:45 PM

I would be overjoyed to have a real 7th Street streetcar line running from the Cultural District to the ITC. With the Montgomery Ward condos on the way, So7 getting ready to create a big new retail/office/residential project right up on 7th, Museum Place preparing to totally transform the big intersection, and talk and plans being made for the Acme Brick, Taylor Rental, and other properties along 7th, we really do seriously need to get such a project underway.

--

Kara B.

#3 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:20 PM

Fort Worth Weekly is preparing a big article by Dan McGraw about Fort Worth light rail (including 7th Street proposals specifically) for this week's issue. I've been interviewed for it. Can't wait to read the article.

--

Kara B.

#4 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Living in the city

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:30 PM

I was interviewed as well. Hopefully my little shot at Dallas makes it in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users