Favorite Defunct Restaurants

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 Sam B Stone

Sam B Stone
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:01 PM

Originally posted 10/7/03

This topic has come up on the other thread so I though I would start a new one.

My vote would definitely go to Carriage House among others. I also enjoyed every doomed restaurant that occupied the current Risky's Sundance location. Can anyone name them all?

#2 BB

BB
  • Guests

Not exactly defunct, but I really enjoyed the view from Reata's B1 Tower home.

#3 jefffwd

jefffwd
  • Guests

Before Jamba Juice and Mi Cocina occupied the Jett Building... Deep Ellum Cafe was there. It was a nice alternative with art displays and live music in the basement.

#4 hipolyte

hipolyte
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:02 PM

Not exactly in Fort Worth, but the memories of the Southern Kitchen will never fade.

#5 hipolyte

hipolyte
  • Guests

Two have given up the ghost. One of the great bar-b-que joints, Smoky's Ribs on Lancaster after 20 odd years, and Salerno's on 80 west, after the Western Motel has sold out from under them.

#6 CraigHowell

CraigHowell
  • Guests

Famous Hamburgers near the Courthouse. No ketchup, no fries, no pickles, no mayo, no napkins. Mustard, onions, host sauce. That was it, other than meat, bread or fried catfish. And if you ever accidentally felt the underside of the countertop while waiting for your burgers, you'd never forget it. :-)

May Nick, George, Manny, and Jimmy rest in peace, wherever they may be.

Craig

#7 tcole

tcole
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:10 AM

Finley's (sp?) Cafeteria. Where Lucile's is today.

#8 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:27 AM

hipolyte, Salerno's moved into the next block.

It's in the old IHOP.

#9 salvag

salvag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 10:50 AM

Salerno's is an overrated excuse for Italian food.

Frankly I can't believe the good reviews that it gets. I've eaten there many, many times and given them more than enough chances to impress me and never once had a meal that I thought was great.

I'd just assume eat at Olive Garden. And that ain't saying much.

#10 Willy 1

Willy 1
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:20 PM

There are a few that I remember from when I was really little:

* Finley's Cafeteria on Camp Bowie - that place rocked.
* Fish and Chips on Camp Bowie - it was where Ricks on the Bricks is now - they served fried fish and french fries in rolled up newpaper. It was really good.
* Thornton's (I think) was on the corner of Camp Bowie and Alta Mere (I think). I barely remember this one - but it was a drive in and it was a dump. My dad loved that place and used to take me there a lot when I was really young (like, 5)
* I also miss Under the Tower on Camp Bowie.
* And the other one is a high school favorite when I was at AHHS - Avanti's Pizza on Ridgmar Blvd. We used to LIVE there when I was in high school. They had the best breadsticks on Earth.

#11 normanfd

normanfd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:57 PM

In its day, Finley's was a West Side institution.

#12 ghughes

ghughes
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:15 PM

I have to nominate Tuscany on Camp Bowie. It was creative and delicious and had great original art hanging on the walls.

#13 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:00 AM

Salerno's is an overrated excuse for Italian food.

Frankly I can't believe the good reviews that it gets. I've eaten there many, many times and given them more than enough chances to impress me and never once had a meal that I thought was great.

Amen to that! I've eaten at Salerno's several times with friends and found it to not only be filthy, but the food only mediocre. IMHO, same goes for Sardines. Mama's Pizza is another one that I'm just not down with, although the Camp Bowie location is decent.)

My vote would have to be for Avanti's Pizza. My husband and several of his friends worked there during high school and they have some great stories.

#14 JOCOguy

JOCOguy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:16 PM

Finley's Cafeteria
Walter Jetton's (childhood memories)
Farmer's Daughter
Old Corral Drive-In Hwy 80 and Alta Mere, where Grandy's is. Childhood memories
Vivian Courtneys on Jacksboro Highway
Joe Vignes BarBQ on Camp Bowie in AH

#15 wren

wren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:16 PM

One of my favorites was the Italian Inn on Lancaster Avenue. The lasagna and garlic bread were incredible.
The fish & chips restaurant Willy 1 mentioned was actually named Round Table Inn. The fish was great sprinkled with malt vinegar.
Famous Hamburgers was great in the winter. The windows were open to the cold and the burgers were piping hot with lots of onions.

#16 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:50 PM

One of my favorites was the Italian Inn on Lancaster Avenue.  The lasagna and garlic bread were incredible.

Didn't the Italian Inn move to a new location on Camp Bowie (in the "shopping center" that's being renovated)?

#17 tcole

tcole

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:46 AM

In a manner of speaking Jonny. The CB location was a second location that is still open but diehards remember the Lancaster location as the orriginal and far superior of the two. I only ate at the Lancaster location a couple of times (25+ years ago) but in my mind, the experience and food was better than the CB location - at least compared to what is served today on CB. One caveat of course is that time and absense certainly may be tricking my memory.

#18 Willy1

Willy1

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:11 AM

Wren... you're right, the joint was called The Round Table Inn.... I had forgotten that because everyone refered to it as "the fish and chip place". I was just a wee lad when we went there, but I remember how good it was! Another place that wasn't known for it's food as much as it was its late night crowd was Kip's Big Boy. I think it was on University, near where Old South is now - if memory serves. Maybe Denny's is where it was. I can't remember exactly, but I know as a kid, we used to go there after AHHS football games on Friday nights. And, I also remember that the AHHS guys stole the Kips Big Boy and cemented him in the front lawn as part of their Senior Prank when I was a freshman at AHHS. Ahhh... the good old days of AHHS Senior Guy's Pranks...

Hey whatever happened to The Balcony in Ridglea? Someone mentioned The Carriage House and it reminded me of the other homecoming restaraunt that AHHS kids used to impress their dates with. I always loved The Balcony...

#19 fwpcman

fwpcman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Postcard Collecting, Fort Worth History

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:49 AM

Does anybody remember the Swanky Shack on Sylvania? That was a cool place.

#20 wren

wren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:24 PM

Yes, I do remember the Swanky Shack...pretty good home cookin' in fact.

The Italian Inn on Lancaster and the current Italian Inn on Camp Bowie were owned by two different people. The one on Lancaster was the original...I believe there was a divorce involved (if memory serves me right) and this probably accounts for the difference in receipes. In my opinion, the Italian Inn on Lancaster had much tastier food and a more romantic atmosphere. I was sorry to see it go, especially since it was my "anniversary restaurant"!

I also miss the old Zuider Zee. For some reason, Bill Martin's other restaurants just didn't live up to his original.

Does anyone remember the name of the restaurant in the Blackstone Hotel?

#21 ghughes

ghughes
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2004 - 06:12 AM

I really liked Pedro's Trailer Park. Good creative food in a funky atmosphere with live music often on the porch. Sad to see a unique locally owned place close.

#22 Call me Arch Stanton

Call me Arch Stanton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:20 AM

I really liked Pedro's Trailer Park. Good creative food in a funky atmosphere with live music often on the porch. Sad to see a unique locally owned place close.

I was unaware Pedro's closed, when did that happen?

#23 ghughes

ghughes
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:59 PM

According to the Business Press, it was a few weeks ago.

#24 Willy1

Willy1

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 06:51 PM

WHAT?!?!?!? Now Pedro's Trailer Park is closed? I'm so sick about that. It was a GREAT place!!!! I can't believe it's gone. I live in Monticello and hadn't even noticed... (I guess therein lies the problem).

* The Pour House is being forced out of biz (I heard from insiders they have until 12/31 to be out...)
* Pedro's Trailer Park has reportedly closed (won't believe it till I see it with my own two eyes)
*Mama's Pizza on Camp Bowie closed...
*and another timeless Camp Bowie institution - The Home Plate... or as real West Sider's call it ---- The SuSu Lounge ---- is closing for good in April.

What's going on? These have to be signs of The Rapture! What will close next... TCU?

#25 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 29 November 2004 - 08:11 PM

Pedro's Trailer Park is very closed! However, unlike most people here, I never cared for it. I thought the food looked delicious, but it was just average. It also seemed like the service was extremely slow.

#26 pmburk

pmburk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:03 PM

Home Plate is closing?

#27 DTCB

DTCB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

Just passed by the location... does anyone remember the Candlelite Diner.
I ate there as a kid so I can't say too much about the quality of the food.

#28 salvag

salvag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:05 PM

Mama's Pizza closed? Dang... I ate there every now and then. I was one of the few in my family who actually liked their pizza. Everyone complained that it was too greasy, but I didn't mind :)

#29 DY Glass

DY Glass

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:33 AM

All these tears for defunct meat palaces! Please spare me. You have to be over 40 to remember it, but Fort Worth had a wonderful vegetarian/health food cafe/bakery on Camp Bowie across from the Kimbell. Owned and operated by Trey and Marsha Herring, this colorful eatery thrived for a couple of years in the mid 70's. They even had cooking and bread making classes long before Central Market was even a concept. They also employed some of the hottest hippie chicks this side of North Beach, SF. Or so I've been told. A vegan burger from Spiral Diner (not really) goes to the first person to correctly identify this groovy cafe from the glorious 70's.

While I'm reminiscing, another fondly remembered joint from the mid 70's was The Rangoon Racquet Club (aka: Raccoon Rocket Club, etc.) just off Camp Bowie near Kincaids. It had the hip-quotient down cold when FW was just starting to flirt with hipness. I've heard it was a great pick-up spot, but I was too young to know about that.

One more for you meat mavens: I never darkened their door, but my wife worked briefly as a waitress at London House on Camp Bowie back in the day. By all accounts, it catered to a mostly male, predatory clientele. (Must be all that charred beef.) My wife got the heck out of there ASAP. Anybody else verify the rep of this place?

As for Italian food, mainly pizza, Yanni's was a very cool place next door to the Heights Theatre in that golden age of FW history, the mid 70's when one could see art films without driving to Dallas. The present day pales in comparison to the wild diversity of 1974. Anyone for a slice of Papa John's?

#30 DY Glass

DY Glass

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:53 AM

Just passed by the location... does anyone remember the Candlelite Diner.
I ate there as a kid so I can't say too much about the quality of the food.

The Candlelight was popular in the 70's as a late night stop after disco-ing till 2am.

#31 utmr

utmr

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:08 PM

What ever happened to Daniel's/River Park Grille? It was my favorite place as an undergrad. Remember $1 strawberry daquiri night?

#32 SurplusPopulation

SurplusPopulation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:12 PM

My favorite place when I was a kid was Dos Hermanos on Camp Bowie. Well actually it sat about a half block off of Camp Bowie, but for me and my family it was a fixture for 10 or 15 years. It was family owned and frm what I have been told, the mom was the only one left running it by the end and the children had opened up places of their own. I would appreciate if anyone knows if one of these offshoots is still open. The chance that the food is somewhat similar is well worth any expense. I can still taste the queso.

#33 lobster

lobster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:59 PM

I didn't notice this thread before, but now that I've read it I can't believe no one has mentioned the magical mystical CASA BONITA!! That place was so over-the-top and ornate, at least for a 10 yr old such as myself, it was certainly way more than just a glorified panchos (yes, they did have sophapillas) :eek:

The merry go round and arcade were state of the art, but as a kid who liked to explore buildings and wander down mysterious hallways, that place was the ultimate .. it's almost as if they encouraged kids to wander around aimlessly, peering into caverns with waterfalls, bridges, tunnels with eerie wishing wells, etc.. Not sure if the whole thing was supposed to emulate a Spanish pirate ship docked at some mystical tropical jungle outpost, but whatever it is, it's a place I'll never forget.... musta had about 4 birthdays there.. good tymes..

LObster

#34 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:47 PM

I believe the Casa Bonita building is still in use behind Hulen Mall, but the use is escaping me. A western wear store, maybe?

#35 hipolyte

hipolyte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:Interested in history, art & architecture, classic automobiles, good food, music & live theater.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:03 PM

Our favorite Thai place, Top Thai on Rufe Snow, will be open as usual this Saturday, the 26th, and then will close until their new location is completed. Could be several months.
I'll be wearing black until they reopen. :eek:

#36 lobster

lobster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:39 PM

Our favorite Thai place, Top Thai on Rufe Snow, will be open as usual this Saturday, the 26th, and then will close until their new location is completed. Could be several months.
I'll be wearing black until they reopen. :(

I just checked that place out two weeks ago for the first time.... it was awesome... drive through level 4 red curry chicken.. can't beat it.. Where they goin? Will someone convince a thai joint to come downtown for once? they'd make a killing :eek:

#37 hipolyte

hipolyte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:Interested in history, art & architecture, classic automobiles, good food, music & live theater.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:02 PM

All I know is it's somewhere nearby. The owner took my card and said she'd let me know when they reopen.
And I would never recommend to my friends that they open a restaurant downtown.....too much politics.

#38 lobster

lobster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:04 PM

All I know is it's somewhere nearby. The owner took my card and said she'd let me know when they reopen.
And I would never recommend to my friends that they open a restaurant downtown.....too much politics.

feh! not if you're south of 5th :) .. if you market it right and if the food is good you can expect a packed house every night of the week... i'm a big believer in downtown potential if given the right vision, i guess.. it's not oversaturated w/ restaurants just yet :devil:

#39 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:44 PM

feh! not if you're south of 5th :) .. if you market it right and if the food is good you can expect a packed house every night of the week... i'm a big believer in downtown potential if given the right vision, i guess.. it's not oversaturated w/ restaurants just yet :devil:

I poignantly agree. South of 5th is where to go, but that Jackhole owner at the Library sure played politics alright. I was ready to move a friends family valued authentic mexican restaurnat in their(something we need after hours so badly), yummy big ole burritos, it had rooftop patio access, atrium, basement and all. Then that jerk from Austin, Pete's Piano, comes showin his paper. Library and Pete's are within walking distance from eachother in Austin. Geez, keep the politics back there. Karma ALERT, heard they hardly do any great business, especially with the stairs and drunken females with spike heels. Library kicks its tail every night. Oh well, my patience will prove them wrong.

speaking of Thai food. GREAT idea for downtown, I don't even care if it is in SS. I'm trying to get the owner from Thai Chili's in SouthLake Square a sweet deal to set-up shop somewhere in downtown. Any word on who is going to the China Inn spot, and why did it blow so much with 2 diff. owners?

Salerno's was the best in FW, period. Mikey did it right, RIP MR and Mrs. Salerno. Nobody gave him any competition, then you can bring your own wine/beer, goood night. The new set-up is no bueno, new prices, new owner, and OK staff. Mikey left to NYC, kick it with his peoples. I do believe that the story of him running a show at such a young age is what sold it, people rooted for him all over town. Tres Jose's is waaaay better than "Vote for Pedro"'sTrailer Park theme. Did somebody actually live in that lunch box? FW def. has some character beyond SS.

Best Italian outside of FW, Buca di Beppo's. You just gotta try it. Loved it in CA and still lovin it here.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#40 lobster

lobster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:56 PM

speaking of Thai food. GREAT idea for downtown, I don't even care if it is in SS. I'm trying to get the owner from Thai Chili's in SouthLake Square a sweet deal to set-up shop somewhere in downtown. Any word on who is going to the China Inn spot, and why did it blow so much with 2 diff. owners? 

My wife & I have been there before.. I remember it to be ok -- for a really awesome Thai experience in the north metroplex suburbs, there's a really good joint called Thai Tango in Flower Mound (Thai Tango. 890 Parker Sq. Flower Mound, TX 75028 ) .. the did a fantastic job on the interior of that place too.. food is just about as good as you can get in town.. I'm a huge Thai food freak and I'll take them up any day on their assumption that white folk can't handle level 4 or 5 super hot curry :devil: .. Mark my words... A thai joint in downtown (if designed & marketed correctly -- that's key!) would be PACKED nightly... And my wife & I would even make a cameo personally at least 2x a week :)

#41 lobster

lobster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:04 PM

Salerno's was the best in FW, period. Mikey did it right, RIP MR and Mrs. Salerno. Nobody gave him any competition, then you can bring your own wine/beer, goood night. The new set-up is no bueno, new prices, new owner, and OK staff. Mikey left to NYC, kick it with his peoples. I do believe that the story of him running a show at such a young age is what sold it, people rooted for him all over town.

Small world.. My folks were good friends of Vic .. we actually went on a trip to Vegas with them when I was about 14 and I remember Vic made a big deal about how he had to "ask certain people permission" before he could visit Vegas.. a fun silouhette of a real life person allegedly tied to the mafia! heh.. has always claimed that "Fat Tony Salerno" was his uncle.. not too unbelievable.. But they were good peoples.. I knew Vic was having some health problems but I didn't know he's gone. Wierd. I never got to check out Salerno's, but we did drive up to what we thought was it (big slanted roof thing on Camp Bowie right? -- formerly Fat Albert's Pool Hall? ( -- then formerly PEOPLE'S if anyone remembers that ? :devil: )) Anyway -- it was the 4:00 hour; weren't opened yet, so we opted for something else.. Perhaps ol' mikey will return and give it another go once NYC gives him a lil' of that big city experience...

#42 salvag

salvag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:13 AM

I never liked Salerno's... really was not good. The best Italian food without a doubt is Cafe Italia in Grapevine. I've said it a million times and stick to my statement that no other restaurant even comes close.

And as far as Thai food is concerned, Thai Chili in Southlake is great, but you might try Jasmine Cafe in Burleson. The owner is an excellent chef and used to own a Thai restaurant in Arlington but I can't remember the name. Business isn't so good out there in Burleson, so I don't know how much longer he will last at that location.

#43 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:03 AM

Is mikado's on their way out? Please tell me no. I still have $50 in loyalty credit to use there.
www.iheartfw.com

#44 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:15 AM

Salerno's was the best in FW, period. Mikey did it right, RIP MR and Mrs. Salerno. Nobody gave him any competition, then you can bring your own wine/beer, goood night. The new set-up is no bueno, new prices, new owner, and OK staff. Mikey left to NYC, kick it with his peoples. I do believe that the story of him running a show at such a young age is what sold it, people rooted for him all over town.

Small world.. My folks were good friends of Vic .. we actually went on a trip to Vegas with them when I was about 14 and I remember Vic made a big deal about how he had to "ask certain people permission" before he could visit Vegas.. a fun silouhette of a real life person allegedly tied to the mafia! heh.. has always claimed that "Fat Tony Salerno" was his uncle.. not too unbelievable.. But they were good peoples.. I knew Vic was having some health problems but I didn't know he's gone. Wierd. I never got to check out Salerno's, but we did drive up to what we thought was it (big slanted roof thing on Camp Bowie right? -- formerly Fat Albert's Pool Hall? ( -- then formerly PEOPLE'S if anyone remembers that ? ;) )) Anyway -- it was the 4:00 hour; weren't opened yet, so we opted for something else.. Perhaps ol' mikey will return and give it another go once NYC gives him a lil' of that big city experience...

Yup, it was back in Oct, I think I heard. AJ had difficulties too. I wanna say AJ passed and Vic immediately the next day or couple days, TRUE LOVE. I never met Vic, but AJ and Mike were solid. I heard this from a Keller family (originally Chicago) whom introduced us to the restaurant, they read about Vic and AJ in the ST obit. I tried getting Mike in to a downtown location(Terry's Grill) 2 summers ago, didn't pan out. Ironically, old man Mr. Brown (TGrill) had a ST interview article about TGrill, and just below that on the same page was an article about Mike Salerno when he first opened up shop at the " Motel Italiano ". Food was very good, service was always friendly, and those toilets......MANNN those toilets!. Calamari was stacked for dayz, family salads were big enough to feed a hippo. Ciao boasted at the time to be the only Italian in d-town (before "Zoe"), I told Mike he'd give the Albanese clan a run for their money? Never know now.
www.iheartfw.com

#45 lobster

lobster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:40 AM

Is mikado's on their way out? Please tell me no. I still have $50 in loyalty credit to use there.

haha... you talkin about that 10% refund they keep track of on that lil' playing card? Le wife and i went there for valentine's day and we blew all our remaining bonus credit ($22 or something) on hibachi .. three days later we walk by and see that krazy mess w/ chairs stacked to the ceiling... blew it just in time! :]

#46 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:47 PM

haha... you talkin about that 10% refund they keep track of on that lil' playing card? Le wife and i went there for valentine's day and we blew all our remaining bonus credit ($22 or something) on hibachi .. three days later we walk by and see that krazy mess w/ chairs stacked to the ceiling... blew it just in time! :]

Don't they have another location?
www.iheartfw.com

#47 salvag

salvag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:53 PM

Reading about Casa Bonita's got me thinking. Where exactly was it located?

#48 lobster

lobster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:26 PM

Right in the parking lot of Hulen Mall practically.. facing I-20 .. close to Larrys Shoes

#49 lobster

lobster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

Don't they have another location?

Not that I know of.. But Hui Chuan's (Camp Bowie, next to La Madelliene) is an excellent substitution.. highly recommended :cheez:

#50 salvag

salvag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:30 PM

Right in the parking lot of Hulen Mall practically.. facing I-20 .. close to Larrys Shoes

Ohhhh... I think I know where you are talking about. Is it the building that is now The Room Store?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users