• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TxConnie

TxConnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

I am hearing rumors that Jack Ruby owned clubs/strip clubs in Fort Worth, specifically downtown. Has anyone heard this? I can't find anything on the internet. Is it possible he was a partner? THe Warren Commission sure lists a lot of phone calls to Fort Worth.

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Many of Ruby's strippers lived in east Fort Worth, particularly Handley.

Never heard of him having any local club connection.

#3 TxConnie

TxConnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

All I could find online were references to the strippers living in town. Can't find a reference to owning or running a club. Thanks for replying!

#4 Cranky Greg

Cranky Greg

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

I used to spend hours reading everything I could get my hands on about the JFK assassination. I don't remember anything at all regarding Jack Ruby owning any clubs in Fort Worth. I would bet the farm that he did not.

#5 Birdland in Handley

Birdland in Handley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Architecture (deco, love that we still have a lot! endangered googie, all other historic) FTW's good photography reputation (Blessed Carter Collection) city parks, local history, vegetarian options, green living.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:40 AM

Cranky, when you mention downtown and the assination; does it all come down to The Cellar? Apparently it was much beloved by FW beatniks and bohemians; but hasn't the owner been exposed as an fbi guy or at least a local cop snitch?l
I have also seen website stuff that descibes a late nite gathering in the posh bits of the Fort Worth Club building that same night.
If Ruby was in, rather than "wanna be in," the dixie mafia in FW, seems like there would be witnesses of him working clubs/gambling houses on the Jacksbororo Hiway and or Lancaster Boulevard.

#6 Valerie

Valerie

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruby
This is a pretty good site on Ruby.It does mention him owning a place in Ft.Worth called
"The Skyline Lounge"

#7 sonny 2

sonny 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything.

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (TxConnie @ Jul 28 2008, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am hearing rumors that Jack Ruby owned clubs/strip clubs in Fort Worth, specifically downtown. Has anyone heard this? I can't find anything on the internet. Is it possible he was a partner? THe Warren Commission sure lists a lot of phone calls to Fort Worth.

In 1963 I was working for a beer distributorship which served accounts in both Fort Worth and Dallas. We delivered product to most accounts in both Tarrant and Dallas counties, including Jack Ruby's clubs. Being a young and single young man, I used to frequent clubs in Dallas, including the Carrousel as well as some clubs on East Lancaster. There was a club on Lancaster (unfortunatly cannot remember the name) that had many of the same strippers that Ruby had in Dallas. (I remember Chris Colt and her '45's) I always wondered if Ruby had any interest in this place, but never found out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users