Mac_Benny's Content

There have been 2 items by Mac_Benny (Search limited from 16-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#76598 T&P Warehouse Redevelopment

Posted by Mac_Benny on 16 April 2013 - 09:48 AM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

Hi first post.

I lived in Firestone (2012-2013) and went to TCC's downtown campus. One of the thoughts I had was converting the warehouse into a 4-year college. Perhaps enticing UTA or Tarleton to setup a satellite College of Business there. Tartleton currently has a COB in a mid-rise off of W. Camp Bowie.

Welcome fellow member!  There is precedent in Fort Worth here...the U.T. Arlington annex located in the historic Santa Fe freight building downtown; minimal rehab costs, I guess.  But locating one college of business in that very large T&P warehouse building?  Not meaning to dampen your expectations, and I may be wrong about this, but one such college would take up about half the building maybe?   Note that the building housing the Wesleyan School of Law on Commerce Street is about half the size of the warehouse, that's my guess.  I suppose if Cleopatra wanted to partition the structure for part use by a college, so be it.

The Santa Fe site is just a EMBA program. That is very tiny. I was referring to undergrad. Yes,the building is bigger then would be necessary for one College, but you could put a few and make the rest of the space research labs, apartments and any other space. I don't view the building needing to be utilized for one purpose.

Its just that I lived without a car in downtown for a year and had a blast. But had to move since I was transferring to UTA, I had to buy a car and that meant not being able to afford the rental rates of downtown. If there was a undergrad program to transfer to in downtown I could of stayed put.

I would think UTA would be against it, as it might canibalize their main campus, but Tarleton might be up for it. Assuming they and the A&M system have the funds to renovate the building.

#76591 T&P Warehouse Redevelopment

Posted by Mac_Benny on 16 April 2013 - 02:06 AM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

Hi first post.

I lived in Firestone (2012-2013) and went to TCC's downtown campus. One of the thoughts I had was converting the warehouse into a 4-year college. Perhaps enticing UTA or Tarleton to setup a satellite College of Business there. Tartleton currently has a COB in a mid-rise off of W. Camp Bowie.