Photo
- - - - -

Anybody have pics of White Water in Grand Prairie?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Funkdoobiest

Funkdoobiest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

Weird how info about this water park seems to be non-existent. I remember as a kid going there with private parties from my dad's job(LTV-now Vought) back in the early 80s. After Wet N Wild opened down the road we started having our annual private parties there. I know the story about the roller coaster accident after the water park closed and all, but I cannot find pics or and history on the park.

SO does anybody have pics and some history on it? I've always heard about Wet N Wild buying it and filling the pipes with cement blah blah, but I've always wondered how much of it is true or just rumors. Help anyone?

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

I always thought that the filling the drains with concrete story was urban legend. No real evidence, but it just sounds like bs. I was working at Six Flags when the roller coaster accident happened, so I was exposed to some discussion about it. If I remember correctly, the park was called "Boardwalk" and the ride was called "Pipeline Express". The riders rode on a toboggan rather than in a car or train like a traditional roller coaster. The girl in the accident was severely injured after being thrown from the sled when a restraint failed. The accident was the final nail in the coffin for the park that had only been open for a couple of months.

White Water was opened by Herschend Entertainment which, ironically enough, owned the Hawaiian Falls water parks in Dallas, Garland, and The Colony for a few years shortly after they opened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)