1 reply to this topic

#1 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Does anyone here know of a local shop that does on site camera service and repair?  I know that Fort Worth Camera offers service, but it looks like they send items to the manufacturer and I'm looking for something a little quicker than that.

I'm not sure I actually need a major repair, possibly just a good cleaning.  I have a Nikon D40 and from time to time it locks up when you try to take a shot.  The anti-redeye lights go up, but the flash never goes off and the shutter doesn't click.  After a couple of tries, it usually works and if I remove the lens and reattach it, it works good for several uses.  There's no real patten to it and it sounds like a common issue with this model.  Googling the problem helped me figure out that removing and reattaching the lens was a possible solution.

#2 dangr.dave

dangr.dave

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

I've never been there, but the Shutterworks (http://www.theshutterwork.com/) is located right near the intersection of White Settlement and N. Henderson.  Their website indicates that they do cleanings.  Good luck, JBB!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users