Photo
- - - - -

Falafel invasion hitting Dallas, is FW next ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlueMound

BlueMound

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:48 PM

Vertskebap
Big Guys Chicken and Rice
Amsterdam Falafelshop
The Halal Guys

http://www.dallasobs...nvasion-7776754

#2 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

No need for trendy restaurants -- Fort Worth already has excellent falafel, at Pak-a-Pocket at Bryant Irvin and Bellaire. (Their gyros, shawarma and baklava are even more amazing.) It's tucked away in a strip mall behind a car wash, barely visible from the road, which just emphasizes how great the food and service are to have stayed in business for 30 years.

#3 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:39 AM

I thought I was the only one who knew about this restaurant!

#4 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:53 AM

No need for trendy restaurants -- Fort Worth already has excellent falafel, at Pak-a-Pocket at Bryant Irvin and Bellaire. (Their gyros, shawarma and baklava are even more amazing.) It's tucked away in a strip mall behind a car wash, barely visible from the road, which just emphasizes how great the food and service are to have stayed in business for 30 years.

This place is excellent and unfortunately I haven't been there in some time.  I once got stuck there riding my bicycle home from work.  A downpour got me so I decided to duck in there and had dinner.  The rain never let up so the owner drove me home.  He lives in Candleridge so it wasn't too far out of his way.

A new place with gyros, etc., opened up near me that I need to check out, on McCart just south of the Albertson's plaza at Sycamore School. 

My blog: Doohickie

#5 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:34 PM

I have eaten there many times, and my daughter was a regular there from AHHS for lunch.  My only beef is that they use thin pocket pitas for gyros like I can buy in the grocery store instead of those nice thick ones like Terra or that tiny Greek place on 7th uses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users