1 reply to this topic

#1 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Photography, American History

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:59 AM

I have small collection of postcards depicting railroad scenes in Texas. Thought others might enjoy them as well.

First one is in Ft Worth. The T&P Station can be seen in background. This a switch engine spotting an RPO car.
IPB Image

Next one is of a Texas Electric switcher in Dallas. If anyone knows where this is exactly located I would appreciate the info.
IPB Image

This photo shows a trainman preparing a MKT train in Dallas, TX. The MKT yard was located where the American Airlines Center is now located. Just recently the Katy freight station was "accidently" tore down

IPB Image.

This postcard is one of my favorites. It shows the Union Terminal Company at the Union Station in Dallas. The building to the far left is the Book Depository Building. At the time I believe it was a warehouse for the Southern Plow Company. Check out the great John Deere sign above the fuel tender on the locomotive. Too bad it still doesn't exist. Hard to picture Dallas as an agricultural city. The locomotive still exist at the Age of Steam Museum near Fair Park.
IPB Image

#2 bburton

bburton
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:40 AM

This is a great collection. Thanks for posting them and for the commentary. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users