• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Auction signs have been posted on Oakhurst Scenic Drive and in the surrounding area for an upcoming auction on Feb 9th. Anyone have any information on this strange property?

http://www.colemanan...auction_details

#2 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

Auction signs have been posted on Oakhurst Scenic Drive and in the surrounding area for an upcoming auction on Feb 9th. Anyone have any information on this strange property?

http://www.colemanan...auction_details

I remember watching it go up in the 1990's. Classic case of a custom home that is too customized to what the original owner wanted (only 2 bedrooms and a 2500 sq foot greenhouse? No thanks). The other negatives are that it's overbuilt for the area obviously, and the fact that the awesome view is compromised by the the West sun beating it down all afternoon.

That all said, I'm sure it would cost at least $2.5 million to build something comparable today, so the right buyer is going to get a great deal.

#3 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

The auction was held on Feb 9th. It is unclear to me whether it sold or not.

#4 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Saw it on a for sale site a while back, pictures on the inside were mostly of not quite finished out stuff, lots a drywall, but the pictures on the auction site look like it's all finished.

Just property taxes would run in the $2,500.00 per month range.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#5 songbirdsong

songbirdsong

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

The auction was held on Feb 9th. It is unclear to me whether it sold or not.

I believe it sold for $960,000 (last listed price at $1.75m)

I've spent the last month kicking myself for neglecting to attend the pre-auction open house in January. This property has fascinated me since I was a child. With parking for 25 cars, it almost seems as if the place was built for entertaining. It would be a great facility for small weddings or events, except the interior is hideously decorated.

The only questions now are: 1) who bought it, and 2) would they like to be my friend?

#6 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

Unless I'm looking at the wrong house, I noticed as I was driving by on 35 yesterday that it is getting a new roof color and paint job.  It looks like the roof is now red tile or was painted red and the facade is now white.  It stands out very prominently and it looks like the work is still in progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users