6 replies to this topic

#1 cincyvid

cincyvid

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

Does anyone remember this? I think it was in a storefront in a strip center on Camp Bowie...It was a mural of the last supper painted on the wall, but they also had wax figures that were incorporated into it as well. Pretty cool to see somthing like that life-sized. I was probably there in the 70s, but not real sure.
Remember where it was...anyone know what happened to it?

#2 Owen

Owen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, astronomy, cats, classical music, football, Fort Worth, linguistics, religion, Tolkien

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

I saw it, but I don't remember where it was, or what became of it.

#3 Ghost Writer in Disguise

Ghost Writer in Disguise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

I remember it in the strip center on Sunset just south of Camp Bowie. Saw it on a vacation bible school field trip in the 1960s. It was moved to the headquarters of the Baptist Radio & TV Commision at Ridgmar Blvd. & I-30. No telling if it's still there or not — or if the BR&TVC is, for that matter.

#4 Sailor

Sailor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (Ghost Writer in Disguise @ Jul 28 2010, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember it in the strip center on Sunset just south of Camp Bowie. Saw it on a vacation bible school field trip in the 1960s. It was moved to the headquarters of the Baptist Radio & TV Commision at Ridgmar Blvd. & I-30. No telling if it's still there or not — or if the BR&TVC is, for that matter.

It was next to Wyatt's Cafeteria in the shopping center accross from the Fair store. I think in the late fifties early sixities. I wonder what they did with it????

#5 unknowntbone

unknowntbone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

It should be on display to the public now at the Christian Arts Center at 3205 Hamilton, near the Arts District.

It first showed up in the Ridglea Shopping Center in the '50s, then was on display downtown at a location I can't remember. It then moved back to the west side at the offices of the Radio and Television Commission in Ridgmar until 1997.

#6 The Haltom City Kid

The Haltom City Kid

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:History, Music, Cooking, Politics

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

I remember going Downtown to see it in the late 60's or very early 70's.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however, billions of electrons were temporarily disturbed.

#7 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

It should be on display to the public now at the Christian Arts Center at 3205 Hamilton, near the Arts District.

Yes, the museum has been up and running for about two years now, according to facility administrator Dr. Ed Malone. Visiting hours are Wednesday thru Saturday 10:00 - 3:00 and the admission is free, donations accepted.

Dr. Malone suggests that if visitors will call him him in advance he will work to show them through the exhibits, including the Last Supper wax sculpture. He is the minister of the neighboring church and his phone number is 817-335-1522.

Sure hope they had preventative maintenance done on their A/C system early this year. Could this be a forum outing?

The facility's web site is http://lastsupperdisplay.org/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users