Could become The Dallas Cats...

#2 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

The *Dallas* Cats? No way. Let them bring back their Eagles or whatever it was.

I'm sure there's somebody in the 817 willing to keep the franchise here. Too many reasons to keep 'em here, and not nearly enough to leave.

#3 Owen

Owen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, astronomy, cats, classical music, football, Fort Worth, linguistics, religion, Tolkien

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:11 AM

By all means, keep the Cats in Fort Worth. If La Grave Field gets sold out from under them, perhaps TCU can lend them Lupton Stadium, which is built to AAA standards.

#4 BobZupcic

BobZupcic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

The most painful reality of the economy to date...

#5 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

I follow Mike Bacsik from the Cats on Twitter (a gold star to anyone who can name the infamous MLB record that he's connected to) and he's posted over the last few days that the team is in pretty bad shape financially and that they likely won't play after this season if a buyer isn't found soon. Anyone heard anything along those lines?

#6 JKC

JKC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

I assume you are talking about mike Bacsik Jr., he tossed Barry Bonds his record breaking home run ball. With the caveat that assumes you award such honors to Bonds of course.

Have they named a price?

#7 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

The city has granted LaGrave Field a special historic designation for tax breaks for possible capital improvements should Mr. Bell so decide. Check out the article below.

http://www.star-tele...adlines-default

My belief is that, in the years ahead, Fort Worth will have sufficient population growth to support a professional sports franchise. The Fort Worth Cats are a fine team, but they're not in the big leagues and obviously do not attract a national audience as enjoyed by the Rangers. Even if financially feasible, however, do city promoters have the will and initiative to seek a major franchise? Or are we so resigned to having Arlington or Dallas host most of the sports franchises?

#8 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

The city has granted LaGrave Field a special historic designation for tax breaks for possible capital improvements should Mr. Bell so decide. Check out the article below.

My belief is that, in the years ahead, Fort Worth will have sufficient population growth to support a professional sports franchise. The Fort Worth Cats are a fine team, but they're not in the big leagues and obviously do not attract a national audience as enjoyed by the Rangers. Even if financially feasible, however, do city promoters have the will and initiative to seek a major franchise? Or are we so resigned to having Arlington or Dallas host most of the sports franchises?

The Cowboys and Rangers are definitely both "DFW" teams. No chance that Fort Worth could support an NFL or MLB franchise. And count hockey out because that's not mainstream enough for Fort Worth. Our ONLY shot, and it would be a real long shot, would be getting an NBA team at some point. The Basses are all big Mavs fans, and I'm sure they would love to make that happen if it was feasible. I don't see it happening, but it would be pretty awesome obviously.

I also think Austin could support an MLB team. Given the demographic changes in the U.S. in terms of population movements, I'd think we'll have another sports franchise in Texas within the next 15 years for sure...and Austin would seem to be the most likely home.

#9 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram has an editorial in today's paper about seeking the Highly Significant Endangered Historic Status for the field. The paper is against the designation and they even argue if the five criteria are really even met.

First of all, I do think that they are probably seeking the designation for the wrong reasons. However, we have such few locally historic sites in the city, I feel that we should get as many designations as possible, especially when the property owner is seeking the designation. I would also think that the field is endangered because of development pressures, if they sell the land. We give away huge tax abatements to large corporations, yet the paper is questioning granting historic status to a small piece of property.

The paper is also arguing if the 5 criteria are even met. Granted, meeting these are a little thin, but the city has staff in the Planning Department who are experts in preservation, and if they agree that the 5 criteria are met, then I would rely on their expertise. Anyway, I thought their position was interesting.

I'm providing the link below.

http://www.star-tele...esignation.html

#10 Roger_H

Roger_H

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

While I am generally opposed to any property tax breaks, I can't really say that the city granting this one would upset me. Many cities finance and build stadiums for their minor league teams. So stretching the definition of "historic structure" in an obvious attempt to provide a little financial relief to a local business is not a big deal. The city "donates" a quarter of a million dollars a year to the Van Cliburn Foundation. I would suggest that the typical Fort Worth resident is far more likely to attend a Cats game than a piano competition.

#11 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

It's worth noting that all of the Metroplex's major-league sports venues are pretty new:
- Rangers Ballpark (baseball), opened 1994
- American Airlines Center (basketball, hockey), 2001
- Pizza Hut Park (soccer), 2005
- Cowboys Stadium (football), 2009

It will hopefully be a long time before they become outdated enough that the teams look to move. And their owners would almost certainly fight any other team moving to Fort Worth or an expansion team being placed here.

Fort Worth has a world-class racetrack, a brand-new NCAA football stadium on its way and five major-league teams within an hour's drive. I imagine that the city leaders will be content with that for quite a while.

#12 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

I've been reading a book lately written by a lawyer for and member of the ownership group of an NHL franchise (Buffalo Sabres). The book contains some discussion of establishing teams in new cities. From a league perspective, it's all about maximizing revenues, particularly television. Since the DFW television market is monolithic and FW residents generally follow the existing teams, there is very, very little incentive to give FW a major sports league franchise. It simply brings nothing to the league.

Another issue to consider is market infringement. If a major franchise was to come to FW, the new ownership group would have to pay not only for the franchise, but would also have to reimburse the established franchise (Stars, Cowboys, Rangers or Mavs) for eating into revenues from their existing markets. This reimbursement is a normal occurrence in professional sports. The Sabres, for instance, had to pay the Toronto Maple Leafs because they drew from the Southern Ontario market; there have been attempts to put an NHL team in Hamilton, Ontario, halfway between Buffalo and Toronto. They would have to pay infringement fees to both those clubs, and maybe the Detroit Red Wings as well. There's a lot more to bringing a franchise to a market besides just buying the team.

OKC did okay with their NBA franchise because the nearest market was DFW. Putting a team in OKC had very, very little effect on the Mavs market, so that made sense. When locating teams, the league is looking for increased market coverage which brings more money into the league as a whole. Individual teams a looking to protect their territory which in the case of FW would mean significant market infringement compensation for the current team.
My blog: Doohickie

#13 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

The Cowboys and Rangers are definitely both "DFW" teams. No chance that Fort Worth could support an NFL or MLB franchise. And count hockey out because that's not mainstream enough for Fort Worth. Our ONLY shot, and it would be a real long shot, would be getting an NBA team at some point. The Basses are all big Mavs fans, and I'm sure they would love to make that happen if it was feasible. I don't see it happening, but it would be pretty awesome obviously.

I also think Austin could support an MLB team. Given the demographic changes in the U.S. in terms of population movements, I'd think we'll have another sports franchise in Texas within the next 15 years for sure...and Austin would seem to be the most likely home.

Hannerhan, Fort Worth could support teams just like Kansas City, Charlotte, OKC, Sacramento, Milwaukee/Green Bay, Orlando, Buffalo, Pittsburg, San Antonio, Denver, Nashville, Memphis, Raleigh, Indy, Oakland, etc.

#14 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

Hannerhan, Fort Worth could support teams just like Kansas City, Charlotte, OKC, Sacramento, Milwaukee/Green Bay, Orlando, Buffalo, Pittsburg, San Antonio, Denver, Nashville, Memphis, Raleigh, Indy, Oakland, etc.

Apples to oranges. None of those cities (other than perhaps Oakland) have another major city 30 miles away, or have major sports teams that already play in the SAME county and compete with their teams. Are you really saying that Fort Worth could support its own major league baseball or NFL franchise? I think not.

#15 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

I read in the Fort Worth Business Press an article by Betty Dillard the other day that the Fort Worth Cats was dropped from the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball league. Does this mean they’re no longer a minor league team? If that’s so, it would be a shame, as Fort Worth has few, if any, viable sports franchises.

#16 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

Sadly, it's true.

FORT WORTH MEMBERSHIP REVOKED

DURHAM, NC – The American Association of Independent Professional Baseball has revoked the membership of Fort Worth Baseball Club, LLC, which had operated as the Fort Worth Cats. The club was unable to provide the Letter of Credit for the 2012 season, as required by league by-laws.

The press release says there will be a dispersal draft, but if new ownership is found the players will return to the Cats. How much would we all have to chip in......?

#17 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Sadly, it's true.

FORT WORTH MEMBERSHIP REVOKED

DURHAM, NC – The American Association of Independent Professional Baseball has revoked the membership of Fort Worth Baseball Club, LLC, which had operated as the Fort Worth Cats. The club was unable to provide the Letter of Credit for the 2012 season, as required by league by-laws.

The press release says there will be a dispersal draft, but if new ownership is found the players will return to the Cats. How much would we all have to chip in......?

Disappointing...does this mean FW is going back to the old image of being Dallas's "poor country cousin"? Sad to hear about this as I live right across the River from the stadium and always enjoyed the after-game fireworks shows from our backyard.

#18 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

I don't think having the Cats raised our status relative to Dallas.

I have no idea who might, but I bet someone will buy the team out of bankruptcy or whatever... or maybe start a new franchise.

#19 Roger_H

Roger_H

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

I think the big financial mistake the current owner made was in building his own stadium. I believe most of the local minor league teams play in stadiums built for them by the city. While I personally am opposed to taxpayers footing the bill for professional sports teams, I think this puts the Cats at a financial disadvantage.

#20 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

Also, the owner was a developer betting on revitalization of the near northside. Before it ever got going, the economy crashed. He was leveraged, and when the national real estate bubble burst, he was sunk. There are actually advantages for the team owning the stadium.

#21 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

Also, the owner was a developer betting on revitalization of the near northside. Before it ever got going, the economy crashed. He was leveraged, and when the national real estate bubble burst, he was sunk. There are actually advantages for the team owning the stadium.

I think you hit all the nails on the head. I believe we will be extremely lucky if the Trinity River Vision ever comes to fruition.(say in 2025) Our current economic malaise and its effects on local development is reminiscent of the grand plans made for Arlington Heights back in the late 1880's and then with the panic of 1893, everything came to a screeching halt. Arlington Heights finally got the hoped for development but decades had passed. Today you can mark our local development downturn from the summer of 2008. Once peak oil and nat. Gas prices started to drop, the party was over. I'm just glad a few projects are still underway but wonder how many were funded before the downturn and just how far away any recovery might be. The 1930's Great Depression was different from today but in totality it represented a "lost decade" development-wise. Maybe there's hope today in knowing there were (surprisingly) some fairly prominent projects built in Fort Worth during the Depression years.

#22 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

If I were a rich man (no I’m not a fiddler on the roof), I would buy a large tract of land near the Texas Motor Speedway and put down some of my mucho millions to build a professional sports stadium. But before then I would seek to buy one of the failing sports franchises around the country to relocate to north Fort Worth. Why this particular location? In competition with Arlington, the north area of Fort Worth is an ideal location for sports development, in my opinion. There’s the growing residential and commercial populace in this area; the traffic generated by TMS; the proximity of hotels and an airport; and maybe even a new rail line.

#23 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

If you were a rich man, you'd have a long, uphill battle ahead of you. Anyone trying to move a major league franchise into North Texas would have a hard time convincing the league (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB) to expand to that area, when most people in that area already have a local team to follow. The whole point of locating a sports franchise these days is to expand TV and marketing revenues by moving into new markets. Oklahoma City was a pretty good candidate for the NBA because there are no local sports teams for hundreds of miles. Moving the team there energized a whole new market for the league. Also, any team that sought to move into DFW would have to pay market infringement fees, as well as the cost of a new franchise or existing team, to the current DFW team.

In short, it would never happen.

#24 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

If you were a rich man, you'd have a long, uphill battle ahead of you. Anyone trying to move a major league franchise into North Texas would have a hard time convincing the league (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB) to expand to that area, when most people in that area already have a local team to follow. The whole point of locating a sports franchise these days is to expand TV and marketing revenues by moving into new markets. Oklahoma City was a pretty good candidate for the NBA because there are no local sports teams for hundreds of miles. Moving the team there energized a whole new market for the league. Also, any team that sought to move into DFW would have to pay market infringement fees, as well as the cost of a new franchise or existing team, to the current DFW team.

In short, it would never happen.

You're probably right about luring a team from elsewhere in the country. But I'd also try to convince one of our Dallas sports brethren to smell the money that could be made by relocating to far north Fort Worth, where there's lots of available land and great potential for economic development. It's not impossible. After all, Ol' Jerry upped and moved the whole kit and cabootle to Arlington from Irving and he wasn't a bit homesick for Big D.

#25 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

The four major sports are all in modern venues. Don't see a move happening until a new stadium/arena is needed.

#26 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

The Cats refuse to admit their demise. Scroll down to the second article:

The Fort Worth Cats are currently involved in negotiations with serious parties regarding the transfer of ownership and the future of the baseball team... we look forward to the... Fort Worth Cats getting back on the field for the 2012 season

#27 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Sandra Baker at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram is reporting that LaGrave Field and the surrounding land has now been posted for foreclosure. It's scheduled to be auctioned off on the Courthouse steps on January 3rd.

#28 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

Life goes on. Sad to see it happen.

#29 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

This updated Star-Telegram article by Sandra Baker is about the Cats being sold. We should know by end of day to whom it has been sold. Maybe this will turn out eventually to be good news for FW sports fans. Or maybe not.

#30 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

Cats Sold! http://www.fwbusines...president-.html

#31 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

Cats Sold! http://www.fwbusines...president-.html

Seems like a solid deal and good to have the Cats connected to the Rangers organization. I don't think in this current economic environment we could have expected a better outcome than that. The foreclosure of the stadium property has also been stopped. (side note: that means we will continue to enjoy the free after-game fireworks shows from our backyard on Samuels Avenue, hurray!!!)

#32 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

Yes, good news. I feared a new owner would decide to move the team from Fort Worth, just as the Brahmas ice hockey team moved from FW to NRH

#33 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hmmmm.... hopefully they can get reinstated in the American Association. It sounded like if they could post the credit bond with the league, they could get back in and the dispersal draft would be reversed to reassemble the team.

#34 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

The Fort Worth Cats will not play in 2012 but are expected to return in 2013.

#35 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Fort Worth Cats WILL Play in 2012! Opening Day is May 23, so expect some press soon.

When they couldn't commit to the American Association, they joined the North American Baseball League. This actually happened in December.

I give Mike Stone credit for finding a gig for the team when they missed out on the AA 2012 season.

The Cats will be play in the North American League's South Division and will join the San Angelo Colts, Edinburg Roadrunners, McAllen Thunder, and Rio Grande Valley Whitewings all of which are also in Texas.

The Star-Telegram mentions the United League in a recent article about LaGrave Field foreclosure. The United League merged with the Golden Baseball League and the Northern League in December, 2010, to form the NABL. It is possible that United League is a legal entity associated with the NABL.

#36 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Good news for Cats fans! The sale is reported in today's Star-Telegram, article by Jim Fuquay.

http://www.star-tele...-owners-of.html

#37 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Cool beanz

#38 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Man I havent been to a Cats game in ages. Guess its time to go back.

#39 SurplusPopulation

SurplusPopulation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

I just saw a story on Facebook that said the owner of LaGrave Field will not rent the stadium to the team next year. Anyone know details on this?

#40 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

Speculation on why?

#41 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:22 PM

The Star Telegram story was very vague. The stadium owner said he has nothing to do with it and it is the result of a dispute between the city and the team.

#42 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

More on the uncertain fate of LaGrave Field in this FWBP article.  No one seems to be willing or able to buy it.  No one seems to want it.  Perhaps a sad commentary on the state of even minor-league professional sports in Fort Worth.

http://fwbusinesspre...politics--.aspx

#43 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:35 AM

I was wondering when news of a proposed minor league ball park in Cleburne would spur Fort Worthians to start thinking seriously again about whether the Cats are going to continue to be our home-town team. 

http://www.fortworth...744f0d34af.html

#44 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

I thought the same thing.

#45 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

It isn't just the Cats.  The whole United League disbanded.  So even if Ft Worth wanted minor league baseball, they'd have to find a new league.  For myself, getting a Ft Worth baseball team would be cool if it ended up in the same league as Cleburne.  I could easily picture attending games at both sites- especially if they do back-to-backs and make it a Chisholm Trail Series.  They could use that to promote both teams, maybe even have a friendly bet between Betsy and Cleburne's mayor.

#46 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

I always felt like the Cats were a fun, cheap and more convenient alternative to driving to Arlington when the Rangers were bad.  But then they got good, and watching competitive Major League Baseball was well worth the extra mileage and (significantly) higher expense.  

#47 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

In the good old days, minor league baseball experience was a kind of apprenticeship for some players who went on to the greater heroics of the major leagues.  I don't know if any Cats players moved upstairs to the Rangers (or any other major league team).  I know this is a bit off topic, but Is the "farm team" scheme still functional?

#48 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

It is, but the Cats were never part of any farm team structure. The Cats were part of an independent league not affiliated with MLB.

#49 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

I don't know if any Cats players moved upstairs to the Rangers (or any other major league team).

The first two who come to mind are Max Scherzer (pitcher for Washington, won the Cy Young a few years ago) and Luke Hochevar (pitcher for Kansas City).  

#50 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:15 AM

It is, but the Cats were never part of any farm team structure. The Cats were part of an independent league not affiliated with MLB.

Well, not the latest version of the Cats. 

I think back in the day, they were affiliated with the Dodgers and Cubs. Would have been cool to see that again, and with the Panther Island development, we could have made a "Mini-Wrigley" if the Cats were with the Cubs again. 

But, now it's all just a fantasy... 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users