86 replies to this topic

#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

This plot is only for sale now, nothing that I know of is planned. However, I think it is notable due to its size, over 14 acres. Though not highlighted, the Rockwood Go-Karts and Mini golf are also for sale by the same realtor. 

image.jpg

Great location with very close proximity to Downtown, W7th, Stockyards, & Panther Island, direct access to the Trinity & Rockwood park. It's marketed as "Redevelopment Opportunity with Hotel, Restaurant or Retail Pad-Site Potential on the Edge of the Trinity River Vision Project."

Nearly the entire site sits in a floodzone, however. Not sure how the TRV might affect that.

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

One of those plots near that intersection was long rumored to end up as a Wal Mart.

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

There is a new one closer to 183. 

#4 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

I knew it had moved further out on Jacksboro Hwy. That is some prime real estate. It has great access to Rockwood Park.

#5 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

I will say this:

I vote that land directly south of it be used for Coyote Drive-In space if (and when) someone comes along and decides to develop that side of Panther Island as mixed-use buildings.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#6 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:39 PM

Very strange. I had been discussing this area with my partner for quite some time and saying that it could be a good area to develop. I was thinking that a smal recreational lake could be made in the plot of land SE of the tree line on the large swath of green. It could be a catchment for rising waters during floods. I think apartments could be built where the gas station is because that is higher and some restaurants and/or retail could go along Jacksboro highway along Henderson east of the intersection at Univ/NS Drive towards downtown.

The areas proximity to DT, W7th, Cul District, Panther Isl, the Stockyards & just downriver from the River District make it a great potential site for redevelopment.

#7 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

Wow, if someone could consolidate all that property in the triangle bounded by Jacksboro Highway, University Dr. and the West Fork there would be some serious potential for large scale development; either a big project like a corporate campus or a real urban neighborhood. Of course it could also be Big-Box anchored limited-life-span retail strip centers and apartments or a gated community... I don't know if property values in the inner city have reached the point where substantial urbanism is realistically being considered by the developers active in this region.

#8 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

Wow, if someone could consolidate all that property in the triangle bounded by Jacksboro Highway, University Dr. and the West Fork there would be some serious potential for large scale development; either a big project like a corporate campus...

With all the retail/hotel development underway or planned, it would be my preference that this site become an employment center such as the suggestion of a corporate campus.

#9 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

This plot is only for sale now, nothing that I know of is planned. However, I think it is notable due to its size, over 14 acres. Though not highlighted, the Rockwood Go-Karts and Mini golf are also for sale by the same realtor. 

image.jpg
Great location with very close proximity to Downtown, W7th, Stockyards, & Panther Island, direct access to the Trinity & Rockwood park. It's marketed as "Redevelopment Opportunity with Hotel, Restaurant or Retail Pad-Site Potential on the Edge of the Trinity River Vision Project."

Nearly the entire site sits in a floodzone, however. Not sure how the TRV might affect that.

Hey Austin. Where did you get the information that this land was for sale? Just curious if you have any contact info that you can private message me?

I have a group that is interested in developing something near downtown and I mentioned this site to them.

#10 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

Hey Austin. Where did you get the information that this land was for sale? Just curious if you have any contact info that you can private message me?

I have a group that is interested in developing something near downtown and I mentioned this site to them.

Here you go

http://www.loopnet.c...o_w5_8lh0Jzvu8O

#11 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

Thank you Austin

#12 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

Looks like this is becoming apartments - 

The applicant is requesting a zoning change to “MU-1” Low Intensity Mixed Use for a multifamily

development. The property is also part of the Trinity Uptown Peripheral Overlay, which was put in to
place to promote development compatible with the Trinity Uptown Form Based Districts, which have since
been renamed Panther Island.
The proposed multifamily is across University St. from Rockwood Park and one block from Jacksboro
Hwy/SH 199. The property currently appears to be auto repair and small industrial uses.
The MU-1 district allows for the construction of a three story single use residential building or a five story
mixed use building. The applicant has indicated the intent is to construction 315 residential units with
interior structured parking. The parking garage allows for a one story bonus, with the majority of the
proposed buildings to be four story.
The property is fully within the floodplain. It is likely that all of the buildings will be elevated out of the
floodplain and detention will be required, after completion and approval of the Storm Water Plan

#13 george84

george84

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:34 PM

There are for sale signs basically on every plot near that intersection. I wouldnt be surprised to see apartments popping up on all of them in the next few years. It will make a nice gateway into panther island and downtown

#14 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:50 PM

I grew up near this intersection and since moving back to Fort Worth and understanding the potential economic reach of Panther Island I always imagined that this area could be and should be developed. I think with the new golf course and all the new softball & baseball fields Rockwood Park could become a cool inner city Park that has Park amenities tied to the River like kayaking, extended trails and b-cycle stations. It could become an added arm of activity to Panther Island as well.

#15 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

I'm unable to find the name of this area between University/North Side Drives and White Settlement Road, but it will invariably be massively developed over time.  The south shore of the West Fork, in particular,  could be the next area to be revitalized as professional services retail district with the existing stock of warehouse . I think the roundabouts provide a distinctive flavor to the neighborhood.

https://www.google.c...97!4d-98.344717

#16 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:07 AM

Let's get some High Frequency Bus service running up and down Henderson/Jacksboro Highway!

#17 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:18 PM

It looks like something is finally starting to happen with this plot:

http://www.fortworth...aab6c77177.html

Bravo Lonestar Entertainment LLC is looking to bring a mixed used residential facility proposing 315 units with the potential for 3 to 5 story buildings and possibly soccer fields. It is in a flood plain.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#18 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:30 PM

Are you aware that you just posted here after posting a new thread about the same subject.  Where do you want us to comment?

#19 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:32 PM

I wonder if the plot is underwater right now.

#20 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:24 PM

Are you aware that you just posted here after posting a new thread about the same subject.  Where do you want us to comment?

He edited the other thread to say that he found this one and would move the discussion here.

#21 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:53 AM

I couldn't figure out how to delete my post. I found it under moderation today, so problem solved.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#22 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:08 AM

I wonder if the plot is underwater right now.

I'll drive by after work...

7fwPZnE.png

#23 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

Here's a site plan. I like that the building is set along University, nice urban feel. Also explains the soccer fields. A name is also included and the thread title will be updated.

hBG1RjJ.jpg

#24 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

I really like the site plan and love the soccer fields... it will help connect this with the athletic fields in Rockwood across the street.

#25 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:00 PM

Anyone know if this site (and other river-frontage sites that include flood zones) require going through the Corps of Engineers for approval?  I would think that would pose a challenge or at least a substantial expense and time investment.

#26 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:58 AM

Anyone know if this site (and other river-frontage sites that include flood zones) require going through the Corps of Engineers for approval?  I would think that would pose a challenge or at least a substantial expense and time investment.

It should be fine as long as they don't need an Economic Analysis Report.

My blog: Doohickie

#27 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

Heard that the apartment plan fell through. Land is going back to market, I believe. 

#28 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

Here's the new lease listing. It looks like just 5 pad sites with suburban style buildings on them. 

https://www.loopnet....th-TX/17607702/

#29 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:56 PM

Here's the new lease listing. It looks like just 5 pad sites with suburban style buildings on them. 

Ugh...

7fwPZnE.png

#30 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:05 PM

"Near Cultural District, Sundance Square, FWSY, DFW Airport, Love Field" ----- Family Dollar, Walgreens,PLS Checking, Race Trac, so on, so on, so on....

How often does a nice piece of riverfront property come along? Instead,  why not something like this from Waco? (don't know if it actually happened)

51e2433525dc0.image.jpg

#31 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

How do you know that? I dont see any renderings on what they are planning for the site.

#32 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:04 PM

Here's the new lease listing. It looks like just 5 pad sites with suburban style buildings on them. ...

How do you know that? I dont see any renderings on what they are planning for the site.

"Suburban" is a pretty good guess extrapolating from what Vision Commercial specializes in -

https://visioncommercial.com/

#33 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:49 AM

not a lot of vision with those developments

#34 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:15 AM

But to be fair, whoever owns that piece of real estate aim seems satisfied with the lowest denominator:  return with the least of effort.  The north end of University Blvd is a stark depreciation from the mid and south end of this important corridor.

Besides the likely style of buildings,  the of water/rainfall captured in the past by the floodplain will now be able to flow rapidly into the West Fork and add erosion to the banks of the river. This is something that has to be given consideration before final approval.

Should the City enact or does it have a Riverfront Code for Development and Usage that will regulate paved surfacing along the river?

#35 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:01 AM

On the 3rd slide in the PDF you can kinda get an idea of the plan. Looks like fast food joins or something. 

#36 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:03 AM

"Near Cultural District, Sundance Square, FWSY, DFW Airport, Love Field" ----- Family Dollar, Walgreens,PLS Checking, Race Trac, so on, so on, so on....

How often does a nice piece of riverfront property come along? Instead,  why not something like this from Waco? (don't know if it actually happened)

51e2433525dc0.image.jpg

That is never happening in waco unless the fixer uppers folks do it

#37 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:07 PM

On the 3rd slide in the PDF you can kinda get an idea of the plan. Looks like fast food joins or something.
Those buildings are what is on the site currently. They are part of the Pequeño Mexico flea market.

#38 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:14 PM

There's labels and outlines if you look close. Can't make out pad e. A looks to be a gas station. B might say auto parts? Pad C looks like a small drive through restaurant, maybe a coffee shop or something.

#39 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:16 PM

There's labels and outlines if you look close. Can't make out pad e. A looks to be a gas station. B might say auto parts? Pad C looks like a small drive through restaurant, maybe a coffee shop or something.

Oh ok. I didn’t look that closely. I will give it another glance

#40 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:58 PM

I saw those labels when I opened the PDF.  Also, as a note, I did a site study for Pad A a few years ago.

#41 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Modern Architecture, City Issues

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:07 PM

Interestingly, Vision Commercial Real Estate is apparently representing Globe Life Park to lease spaces in the old stadium:

https://www.star-tel...237115524.html?

#42 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

51e2433525dc0.image.jpg

You already answered your own question but yes, is surely is much easier and more predictable (and guessing much faster) to sell smaller, commonly used increments of land vs putting together a large, complicated mixed use project, especially one that deals with the flood plane.   I'd wager an order of 10X harder to pull off a large MU project vs sell off pad sites.  I don't blame someone for keeping it simple, but would prefer they locate buildings close to the street so the frontage is more walkable and not hostile to pedestrians.  When the land price gets high enough anyone who owns it is under pressure to move it (sell it) quickly, making it harder to be patient and wait for the "right" uses to arrive. 

#43 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:26 PM

You already answered your own question but yes, is surely is much easier and more predictable (and guessing much faster) to sell smaller, commonly used increments of land vs putting together a large, complicated mixed use project, especially one that deals with the flood plane....

Here we have a fairly large tract on land, located along one of Fort Worth's premier boulevards, along the banks of a beautiful natural stream, staged between the Stockyards and the Cultural/Exhibition District with a view of the skyline; and the best that the owner can do is to break it up into pads for "Popeye Chicken-s".

Driving by this, once its done, will be a real bummer.

Hire a urban planner company, you'd get something to cause the City to get excited about. You would probably also get some public incentives. Hire Bennett, Benner & Partners!

#44 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:21 PM

Another part of this property is seeking a zoning change,

The applicant is requesting a zoning change to “MU-1” Low Intensity Mixed Use for a multifamily development. The property is also part of the Trinity Uptown Peripheral Overlay, which was put in to place to promote development compatible with the Trinity Uptown Form Based Districts, which have since been renamed Panther Island. The proposed multifamily is located along Jacksboro Highway, a commercial connector on the Master Thoroughfare Plan. There are also several bus stops along Jacksboro Highway. The MU-1 district allows for the construction of a three story single use buildings or a five story mixed use buildings. The applicant has indicated the intent is to construct a wholly multifamily development. The property is fully within the floodplain. It is likely that all of the buildings will be elevated out of the floodplain and detention will be required, after completion and approval of the Storm Water Plan.

https://twitter.com/...9317121/photo/1

#45 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:30 PM

Additionally, there might be some more info on that here, I think it's "The Park Tower" project.

This was from last weeks city council meeting but wanted to post here as there's some good info. A good chunk are in urban neighborhoods. 

https://fortworthgov...2C-73F902482579

#46 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:10 PM

Additionally, there might be some more info on that here, I think it's "The Park Tower" project.

This was from last weeks city council meeting but wanted to post here as there's some good info. A good chunk are in urban neighborhoods. 

https://fortworthgov...2C-73F902482579

...oh? 

7fwPZnE.png

#47 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:41 PM

Rendering from zoning. 90 units. 

nBUHaLe.png

#48 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:16 PM

hmmmm... is this Park Tower or is this the new Rockwood Elementary?   Where exactly is this supposed to be built... fronting Henderson or University?

#49 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:23 PM

If this is the Park Tower project, then I'm quite disappointed in the "tower" part of the name... but then again, I'm used to that.

7fwPZnE.png

#50 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:23 PM

Here is the siteplan. The building uses a small part of the lot. 

W1awmEi.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users