200 replies to this topic

#101 cajunmike

cajunmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Golf, hunting, geneology

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

Do they have a timeline to be complete? I have 3 brothers each who can build and repair most anything. I can swing a hammer, but I can't compete with them. Don't ask me why but it I am amazed a a good brick mason. When we built our new town home 4 years ago , it has the Austin stone exterior
and to watch those guys put all the puzzle together is impressive.
Mike

#102 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

The one on the right looks like 1350 square feet plus or minus 100, looks like 46' long, guessing it's 30-ish wide.

What's the max width house they can roll down the road?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#103 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

I love this. Here is a video of the big Habitat House move last night at 11pm. 25 minutes condensed to 2.

Again, Hi -Def so Hit this link, HQ button and full screen buttons in bottom right of your Youtube viewer. Then pause to load fully. Then play. (Do you get tired of hearing those instructions.)

I also have great pictures of the houses going across the Trinity River bridge I will post later.

www.fortworthview.com

#104 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

Tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday there is the huge Latino music Festival Downtown. Not really my thing but I saw a review of the performers and they are big deals. (One guy Rolling Stone calls the best guitarist alive, or something like that.) A sax player that won a Grammy award. Etc...

They set up for this earlier today. If I had to speculate, they tied up the parking lots an extra week day in anticipation of severe weather tonight.
I am glad they are going to have the best weather, ever the next few days. (Clean air, cool, sunny after morning.) My camera batteries are charging!

http://www.musicartefw.com/

http://www.sundances...Fort_Worth.aspx

A shot of today's setup. (A small part of it. This thing is huge.)

www.fortworthview.com

#105 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

This music festival is turning out to be pretty fun. We have gone done several times to walk around a bit. High quality performers for sure. Looks like everyone is having a good time. Though it is a cool 53°. Looks to be fun for all ages based on what I see. You might come check it out as it is open until 11pm this Saturday night.

www.fortworthview.com

#106 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:15 AM

10 pm or so last night. Though cold, wet and foggy, it seemed like they had a pretty good turnout. It looked like a great event. (As observed from my warm, dry condo.)

www.fortworthview.com

#107 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

What's going on down there now?

Sunday, 11 October 7:00 PM, cold, wet, but quite the turn out.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#108 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Light the Night Walk. Candlelight walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
These people cannot be stopped. Raining. Cold. Foggy. And they are out with their candles and flashlights walking for their cause. Any other cause would have called it off. A really special event each year. Different color balloons if you are a cancer survivor or family member of one or a loved one died of cancer. Very emotional down there.

www.fortworthview.com

#109 cajunmike

cajunmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

I give thanks to all those who walked. One of our best friends of 30 years is currently down at M.D. Anderson in Houston having just undergone a bone marrow transplant to fight off a rare form of cancer. There are still many great and caring people in this world.
Mike

#110 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

I made this video of the Walk in the Night event on Sunday night. (Turned 2 hours into 2 minutes.)

I think it is a lot of fun to watch...

www.fortworthview.com

#111 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:17 AM

The are setting up this morning for the annual Flying Saucer Beer Festival. It is a fun event based on what I have seen in previous years. They could not ask for a nicer day and evening based on the forcast.

http://www.sundances...r_Festival.aspx

www.fortworthview.com

#112 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:09 AM

This is the HUGE Country weekend in Downtown Fort Worth.

Today (Friday) is the 92.1 Country Legends and then Saturday (Oh my gosh, Halloween) is the huge Ranch Bash Concert.

I am OK with Country Music. It is my second choice. (I listen to the Edge mostly) I am even more OK with the best Country. This concert series could make a Country fan out of me. Each year I love it. Some big names and medium names. No small names. And a crowd the knows the words to EVERY song. Fun to watch. Fun to listen too. Will be a nice weekend. I will like have my doors open to sing along. (Just kidding, not to scare you away.)

http://www.countrylegends921.com/
http://www.959theranch.com/

www.fortworthview.com

#113 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

There was a protest march in Downtown Fort Worth (Get in line) today. Was to protest Fort Worth Police Taser use. A few handfuls of marchers but more cops there to close off the streets for them.

Not sure if by protesting Taser's they want more or less use of deadly force. (In many cases lead bullets are the alternative.) Not to say there are not Taser problems. Pretty much anything you do to subdue somebody is going to have a downside.

What you see in this picture is the complete crowd of marchers. (i.e. not hundreds behind the buildings.) I would think more Fort Worth residents would have Put options on taser stocks than this. (Benefit from the price of their stock going down.)

www.fortworthview.com

#114 cajunmike

cajunmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:11 PM

Not much of a crowd.
Mike

#115 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Woke up this morning to KVIL all Christmas and the sound of a crane rolling into Sundance Square to erect a grand Christmas Tree. I have just enough little boy left in me to jump up and down for a minute. And then get back to work.

I see the Channel 8 truck on the left. Was on this morning'e news show.

www.fortworthview.com

#116 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

This may be the year's best event. The Jingle Bell Run. Really magical. Sundown. City shut down for runners. Christmas lights firing up. Grand. (And a great cause... Arthritis Foundation.)

www.fortworthview.com

#117 cajunmike

cajunmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:32 PM

Looks like a good crowd considering the weather today.
Mike

#118 Okie-JR

Okie-JR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

"This may be the year's best event."

You think so Monee? Not the motorcycle toy drive or Sundance Fight night? devil.gif

#119 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Okie-JR @ Dec 6 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"This may be the year's best event."

You think so Monee? Not the motorcycle toy drive or Sundance Fight night? devil.gif

Yes, those are the two worst days in Fort Worth alright. I do hate the promotion of violence and pathetically rude loud motorcycles. I guess I hate them equally. I will have both vanished from the state before my time on earth is finished. Stand-by!
www.fortworthview.com

#120 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:24 PM

The Cowtown Marathon. It is a really terrific event. Over 21k ran. Good people from all over. (A superior crowd to many events)

I took a million pics I will post elsewhere, but my attention has been focused on a video I made of the event. I took over 2 hours of movies from my balcony and then compressed it all to 2 minutes. I think it is terribly fascinating. If you can spare 2 minutes DO TAKE A LOOK.

Set your Youtube video to high def. At least 480 from the little setting at the bottom. Also hit the full screen button. (Arrows.)
The quality is not great as with my software I had to compress twice to get it down to 2 minutes. I think it was worth it...

www.fortworthview.com

#121 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

Wow, what a great video Brian. It's amazing how you fit the music so well with the activity. The runners line up and then start while the music is a jig, then there's slower middle section when you're waiting for the runners to return and then back to the jig when the runners are finishing. What music recording was that, if you don't mind me asking?

#122 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Golf, cooking, most other sports, friends, family, history, most outside activities, reading - experiencing new things.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

I didn't run in this one, but I plan on running a 1/2 marathon in Dallas come this spring. But I did come out and support my friends who did - it was such a great day for it, had a blast. Then we all went to the Pour House and drank beer to get them replenished with nutruients. biggrin.gif

#123 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Nitixope @ Feb 28 2010, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, what a great video Brian. It's amazing how you fit the music so well with the activity. The runners line up and then start while the music is a jig, then there's slower middle section when you're waiting for the runners to return and then back to the jig when the runners are finishing. What music recording was that, if you don't mind me asking?

Why thank you!

The music is some of the pre-packaged stuff that comes from I-movie Mac stuff.

My wife used some James Taylor music for a video she did for charity work. (A fort Worth old folks home). We got an e-mail from Sony to say that was their music. Obviously they have some kind of electronic sniffer looking for their music. We could either, A. keep using the music but allow their Sony adds to be a part of it or, B. Stop using their music. Yikes... (We switched to Mac Music)
www.fortworthview.com

#124 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

Fascinating. Like watching an ant colony. I especially liked the young lady at the end.

QUOTE (Brian Luenser @ Feb 28 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Cowtown Marathon. It is a really terrific event. Over 21k ran. Good people from all over. (A superior crowd to many events)

I took a million pics I will post elsewhere, but my attention has been focused on a video I made of the event. I took over 2 hours of movies from my balcony and then compressed it all to 2 minutes. I think it is terribly fascinating. If you can spare 2 minutes DO TAKE A LOOK.

Set your Youtube video to high def. At least 480 from the little setting at the bottom. Also hit the full screen button. (Arrows.)
The quality is not great as with my software I had to compress twice to get it down to 2 minutes. I think it was worth it...

Bruce Burton

#125 BobZupcic

BobZupcic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

Very nice work Brian! Thanks for sharing...
(I'm the dot in red)

#126 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

Very nice Brian. I like the background music.

#127 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Brian Luenser @ Feb 28 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey! I think that one guy jumped the gun, not fair.

#128 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:34 AM

Here is the little girl at the end of the video. She is a little Cousin of my wife from Arlington. (Abby) This was just after the race as she was using our condo as a pit-stop. She loves to run in races. And then eat her weight in ice cream...

www.fortworthview.com

#129 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

We went down to the Michelob Ultra 19th Hole exhibit in Sundance Square tonight. A very nice event. Some golfing (putting), a concert, food and drink, etc...
The concert was Candy Coburn (A country star with 2 CD's) She was very good. Continues this weekend during the Colonial.

www.fortworthview.com

#130 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

Sundance Square is starting this Summer's movie nights. (Stars in the Stars) It is always a great family event. And free. There is a whole series. You just grab a blanket, camping mattress or lawn chair. (I am about to call the movers to bring my Easy Boy recliner down)

Gathering for tonight's show.

Let's start this show!

www.fortworthview.com

#131 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:43 AM

A guy I know is throwing a event in September.
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#132 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

Looks like it's becoming more popular...

#133 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

The Fort Worth Central Library has had a "Every Thursday Night" concert series. Jazz. The wife and I went tonight and it was really great. It was Joey Carter Quartet. Not just great music but surprisingly good acoustics in that Big East Room. You might check it out next Thursday. They have tables and chairs (as my pics show) but this is a pretty popular concert series so be there by 6. All free. Including snacks.

BTW tonight (as all Thursday nights this time of the year) is movie night in Sundance Square. Tonight it is a very good (and new) movie. The Blind Side (Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw) 2009. Starts at dusk. Be There! (And Free and Fun)

www.fortworthview.com

#134 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

Sure enough. Huge crowd for the Sundance Movie tonight. (THE BLIND SIDE)
Another great night in Fort Worth.

www.fortworthview.com

#135 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:42 AM

I was not looking forward to the Juneteenth celebration at all. Mostly because I hate Rap music. Was no Rap. Only the nicest families I have seen downtown. As I was walking around downtown yesterday I was greeted several times by nice people coming into town with lawn chairs. Turns out there were thousands of nice people coming to town. The music was great and the crowds were greater. I am going to crop in a bit on my crowd shot to give you an idea of the people that were there. One of the (or the) nicest event I have witnessed downtown in my 5 years. Now I am looking forward to next years event. Was too bad it was so hot for them. (7° hotter than average of 92°)

www.fortworthview.com

#136 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

Earlier in the day you could only see people standing in the shade, which was in very limited supply, once the sun set everything picked right up.

I cannot count the number of times I've had people tell me how much they prefer Fort Worth over any of the other cities close by for when it comes to family outings, dates or just meeting up with friends for an evening out.

#137 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

It was a great event benefiting a great organization (Renaissance Cultural Center). If we could have only gotten Morris Day and The Time to come to Fort Worth instead of Houston's Juneteenth celebration, things would have been perfect. Bring back The Caravan of Dreams!!!!

#138 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

Yesterday Morning I saw these Exercising/ Stretching people down in Sundance Square. Had to look up the event in the Sundance Square Event calender. It was this Nationwide yoga hour. Made me feel pretty "un-limber" Good for them. Had they tried this at 3pm yesterday those pretty mats would still be smok'n. Who's ready for Fall?

I am a weather nut. I guess I am generally a nut, but also a weather nut. Yesterday is a day I remember for this. If I have to find something positive about August 7th in the heat, here it is. It is the first day of the year that there is a break in temperature averages. On August 7th, the average temperature drops 1°. Before you quote me the averages you saw on the news, let me clarify the stat. It is the average temp. Not the average High or the average low, but average of the day. (the average of 24 hourly readings) I am telling this to my wife on our walk to Montgomery Plaza yesterday at 5pm. She gave me the "now if that isn't a glass half full" remark in this heat... The next great weather stat is on August 14 when the average high drops 1°. Then a few days later the average low drops 1° and then we are off to the races. Pretty quickly in the second half of August the averages start falling quickly. The end of August is usually 4° cooler than the beginning of August. I always figure the day "Least likely to be cold" is July 27th. The day most likely to be 150° is probably around June 30th. (Before the Sun is too far South) Of course it was June 26th and June 27th in 1980 that we had our pair of 113° days. The summer of 1980 I was a full time college student and a full time tire buster at JC Penney at Red Bird Mall in Dallas. I worked in a non air-conditioned space with a tin roof on hot cars. I lived in my first house in Grand Prairie. I had no air conditioning because my system had a freon leak and I could not afford to fix it. Or pay for A/C electricity. (Was blowing my money on tuition and food) So I burned that summer. Oh ya. I only had a little motorcycle for transportation. (Brutal when it is over 105 or so.) 1980 sucked.

www.fortworthview.com

#139 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

Brian,
I am ready for fall. It has been to hot for me this summer. So what's the deal with these people and the mats? Don't they know they can do that indoors?

#140 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Cowtown Mike @ Aug 8 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brian,
I am ready for fall. It has been to hot for me this summer. So what's the deal with these people and the mats? Don't they know they can do that indoors?

Maybe they couldn't afford AC either...? conf.gif Was working in my shop yesterday, when it hit 103.5 I called it a day.

That time of day and you roll a nice soft mat out like that, I'm thinking "nap time!"

#141 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

This morning there is a nice event happening in Sundance Square. The American Heart Association Walk. It is from 8 to 11:30. It is a free 2 mile walk. Plenty of other events including live bands. Looks very nice if you can get past the rough crowd :laugh: Surely a great cause.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#142 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

They are building another house in Sundance Square. (Trinity Habitat for Humanity) It is really fun to watch it go up. I sure wish I had the time to help. (Pretend for now that I can hammer straight.) Main sponsor is XTO. Good for them. Many area restaurants are feeding the volunteers. Good for them. And the volunteers themselves? Triple good for them. Also a special merit goes to Sundanace Square for giving up prime parking revenue for a week. (Sundance is a major Sponsor) Here are a few shots I took last night of this project.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#143 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

They are making great progress on the Habitat house here downtown. For this morning's progress shot I couldn't help but get some of the pretty sunrise in the shot.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#144 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Golf, cooking, most other sports, friends, family, history, most outside activities, reading - experiencing new things.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

Great picture Brian - using it as my new computer background shot!

#145 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:43 PM

Brian, excellent photo and for a great cause.

#146 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

Great picture Brian - using it as my new computer background shot!

Thank you. And thank you Mike. It is a great cause. It is fun watching all the volunteers coming together. People that really know what they are doing. People that don't know any more than I do. And all between. Really, I saw some volunteers that were pretty stinking awkward with a hammer but with good supervision it all works. I will be taking my video of them moving the house out again this year. (and then speed up to 1 minute or so.) Was a popular Youtube last year. (By popular, I mean popular for my videos witch average like 6 views each) The moving company last year loved the video and got me to send them a hi-res DVD of the action. Training video?

Anyway, when I post the video, act surprised...
www.fortworthview.com

#147 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

A little video I took Monday night of them moving the house out of Sundance Square.

www.fortworthview.com

#148 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Brian,
Nice little Youtube video. Man are those guys fast? Thought he was going to take out the mini van in from of Barnes and Noble.

#149 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

^ Same as last year, Mike. I just don't know why they can't cone the streets on the evening of these moves. Next year I will go down there and act official and ask people not to park in the way. Side-note: after they shoot me for not minding my own business, get the card out of my camera and see who did it. Then post on my "If I was only a reporter" thread.

Today is the annual Flying Saucer Beer Festival in Sundance Square. (Sat 10-2-10) Here is a shot of them setting up. Free admission but 20 bucks buys you a card to sample the beers. Personally I can't remember a beer that I didn't like.

Posted Image
www.fortworthview.com

#150 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

This weekend was the MUSICARTE DE FORT WORTH. Yesterday and today. (Saturday) Was great weather for it, for sure.

I took a 60 second video of the action with my 5D Mk II. (Hand held stuff. Hold the international film awards) But kind of fun. Used my 70-200mm lens.
You can watch in any resolution but the highest, 1080p takes like 5 minutes to download. I usually go full screen with 720. (Pause it while it loads)

www.fortworthview.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users